Path to 9/11

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
Walt Disney is a big company.
A big American company to be exact.
They own ABC.
ABC is the American Broadcasting Company.
They are going to put a bit of anti-American propaganda on television shortly.
The title of the show is ‘The Path to 9/11’.
They are not going to have any commercials with it. They are saying they are not having commercials because airing this two part fiction is a ‘public service announcement’.
During time of war it is inappropriate for a national television company to throw dirt on our country by turning the 9/11 assault into a two part soap opera - commercial free or not.
This five hour movie is scheduled to be broadcast this coming Sunday and Monday.
September 10th and September 11th.
That’s right - ‘The Path to 9/11’ will play on 9/11 as a product of the Disney Corporation.
Who is responsible for this travesty and insult to America?
Let’s take a look at one of the writers.
This 40 million dollar project was written by Cyrus Nowrasteh.
He wrote a scene where a high level government official slams down the phone on a concerned CIA agent.
He admits he made the scene up.
He admits he made most of the dialog, situations and action up.
The only thing that remains real is apparently the date, 9/11, and the tragedy that unfolded that day when the maniac terrorists flew airplanes loaded with innocent people into the World Trade Center in broad daylight in New York City.
“Sandy Berger did not slam down the phone,” Mr. Nowrasteh is widely quoted as saying, “That is not in the report. That was not scripted. But you know when you’re making a movie, a lot of things happen on set that are unscripted. Accidents occur, spontaneous reactions of actors performing a role take place. It’s the job of the filmmaker to say, ‘You know, maybe we can use that.’ ”
Gov. Thomas H. Kean of New Jersey, who was head of the 9/11 commission that came to all those conclusions that were eventually ignored was apparently paid as a senior consultant to the mini-series.

Here is more about Cyrus Nowratesh - the writer that Disney is going to help make Osama Bin Laden a heroic figure for millions of Americans on 9/11/2006 after his murderous rampage on 9/11/2001.
Nowrasteh first broke into the entertainment business 1983 when he rewrote a project called ’Bikers’ for Universal.
He is quoted as saying that his first job was a disaster because he tried "to please everybody."
Well, ‘The Path to 9/11’ should be a success in the mind of Nowratesh who seems to have taken great pains to please Osama Bin Laden.
He wrote television series scripts for about 5 years and then started writing things like 'Murder At Nha Trang' which seems to have been about American soldiers murdering their officers in Vietnam.
He also wrote a screenplay called 'Norma Jean, Jack, And Me', about a bum who washes up on an island and finds Marilyn Monroe and JFK alive and well.
Not to stay out of American politics long, Cyrus Nowrasteh wrote and directed the Paramount/Showtime production The Day Reagan Was Shot.
He seems interested in the criminal, murderous mind and is said to be working on a four-hour mini-series on John Dillinger - noted bank robber and murderer - a terrorist himself from 1930’s rural America.
His wife, Betsy Giffen Nowrasteh, is also a well connected screenwriter.
Her contribution to modern cinema and literature is a movie called ‘Bad Day on the Block’.
It is about a decorated Los Angeles firefighter who saved a baby's life in a crack-house fire but left the baby's mother to die in the fire because he believed any mother who takes a baby into a crack-house is an unfit mother.
On 9/11 how many innocent victims were left to die by the firemen who rushed to their deaths in the World Trade Center inferno?
Mr. and Mrs. Nowratesh seem to be making a life out of feeding off of a certain type of American despair. Perhaps it is all part of the new Disney image that includes anti-American propaganda.

Walt Disney is a big company.
A big American company to be exact.
They own ABC.
ABC is the American Broadcasting Company.
They are going to put a bit of anti-American propaganda on television shortly.
The title of the show is ‘The Path to 9/11’.
They are not going to have any commercials with it. They are saying they are not having commercials because airing this two part fiction is a ‘public service announcement’.
During time of war it is inappropriate for a national television company to throw dirt on our country by turning the 9/11 assault into a two part soap opera - commercial free or not.
This five hour movie is scheduled to be broadcast this coming Sunday and Monday.
September 10th and September 11th.
That’s right - ‘The Path to 9/11’ will play on 9/11 as a product of the Disney Corporation.
Who is responsible for this travesty and insult to America?
Let’s take a look at one of the writers.
This 40 million dollar project was written by Cyrus Nowrasteh.
He wrote a scene where a high level government official slams down the phone on a concerned CIA agent.
He admits he made the scene up.
He admits he made most of the dialog, situations and action up.
The only thing that remains real is apparently the date, 9/11, and the tragedy that unfolded that day when the maniac terrorists flew airplanes loaded with innocent people into the World Trade Center in broad daylight in New York City.
“Sandy Berger did not slam down the phone,” Mr. Nowrasteh is widely quoted as saying, “That is not in the report. That was not scripted. But you know when you’re making a movie, a lot of things happen on set that are unscripted. Accidents occur, spontaneous reactions of actors performing a role take place. It’s the job of the filmmaker to say, ‘You know, maybe we can use that.’ ”
Gov. Thomas H. Kean of New Jersey, who was head of the 9/11 commission that came to all those conclusions that were eventually ignored was apparently paid as a senior consultant to the mini-series.

Here is more about Cyrus Nowratesh - the writer that Disney is going to help make Osama Bin Laden a heroic figure for millions of Americans on 9/11/2006 after his murderous rampage on 9/11/2001.
Nowrasteh first broke into the entertainment business 1983 when he rewrote a project called ’Bikers’ for Universal.
He is quoted as saying that his first job was a disaster because he tried "to please everybody."
Well, ‘The Path to 9/11’ should be a success in the mind of Nowratesh who seems to have taken great pains to please Osama Bin Laden.
He wrote television series scripts for about 5 years and then started writing things like 'Murder At Nha Trang' which seems to have been about American soldiers murdering their officers in Vietnam.
He also wrote a screenplay called 'Norma Jean, Jack, And Me', about a bum who washes up on an island and finds Marilyn Monroe and JFK alive and well.
Not to stay out of American politics long, Cyrus Nowrasteh wrote and directed the Paramount/Showtime production The Day Reagan Was Shot.
He seems interested in the criminal, murderous mind and is said to be working on a four-hour mini-series on John Dillinger - noted bank robber and murderer - a terrorist himself from 1930’s rural America.
His wife, Betsy Giffen Nowrasteh, is also a well connected screenwriter.
Her contribution to modern cinema and literature is a movie called ‘Bad Day on the Block’.
It is about a decorated Los Angeles firefighter who saved a baby's life in a crack-house fire but left the baby's mother to die in the fire because he believed any mother who takes a baby into a crack-house is an unfit mother.
On 9/11 how many innocent victims were left to die by the firemen who rushed to their deaths in the World Trade Center inferno?
Mr. and Mrs. Nowratesh seem to be making a life out of feeding off of a certain type of American despair. Perhaps it is all part of the new Disney image that includes anti-American propaganda.

You may wanna chill out for a bit---the final edit hasn't even been made yet.

Screw the "final edit", what a load of total BS.

If ANYBODY watches this, and worst, BELIVES it, they should seek counseling.

My problem? ABC, and the people that are financing the whole project.

Listen carefully, WE ARE AT WAR, what part of that don't YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?

I'm serious now, I don't see the "other side" doing shit like this, I mean, its a free country and all, but I think there should be LIMITS, don't you?

I grow weary of these debates, it seems self evident to me, maybe I'm too close to the story.

Screw the "final edit", what a load of total BS.

If ANYBODY watches this, and worst, BELIVES it, they should seek counseling.

My problem? ABC, and the people that are financing the whole project.

Listen carefully, WE ARE AT WAR, what part of that don't YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?

I'm serious now, I don't see the "other side" doing shit like this, ]I mean, its a free country and all, but I think there should be LIMITS, don't you?

I grow weary of these debates, it seems self evident to me, maybe I'm too close to the story.

Nope the (Fahrenheit 9-11) other side would never (Fahrenheit 9-11) stoop to (Fahrenheit 9-11) something (Fahrenheit 9-11) like this (Fahrenheit 9-11) would they?

Naaahhhhhhhh NEVER!

Nope the (Fahrenheit 9-11) other side would never (Fahrenheit 9-11) stoop to (Fahrenheit 9-11) something (Fahrenheit 9-11) like this (Fahrenheit 9-11) would they?

Naaahhhhhhhh NEVER!

Sorry Mr. P, you lost me!

Yea, and I read it four or five times.

Your saying Mr. Moore was in on the 9-11 deal?

Or maybe your saying 9-11 was a staged event, and the World Trade Center is still standing. Kinda like, we never really landed on the moon.

Help me out here buddy........................:sleepy1:

I'm serious now, I don't see the "other side" doing shit like this, I mean, its a free country and all, but I think there should be LIMITS, don't you?

And what "side" do you assert did this? Fahrenheit 9/11 was made during a time of war and the left had no problm with it. It was heralded as a great vehicle of truth. Now the other side of the story is about to be told. The left had their say. Micheal Moore carried their message. Now they can shut the fuck up so the right can carry theirs.

And what "side" do you assert did this? Fahrenheit 9/11 was made during a time of war and the left had no problm with it. It was heralded as a great vehicle of truth. Now the other side of the story is about to be told. The left had their say. Micheal Moore carried their message. Now they can shut the fuck up so the right can carry theirs.

Based on the original post, I don't see where this is anything BUT left-wing propaganda.

Why it should be shown. There are links:

http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/g/f207149d-0ece-4f5f-ad84-08e4212ba148

Friday, September 08, 2006
"Dave, from Minnesota"
Posted by Hugh Hewitt | 10:13 PM

"Dave from Minnesota" was my first caller in the third hour of today's show. He had the Clinton talking points arranged before him, and began with assertions about the need for ABC to cancel "The Path to 9/11" because of the inaccuracies that permeated the program, and he was ready with the "CBS canceled the Reagan film" argument.

He hadn't seen the movie, of course. But he was certain it shouldn't be shown.

After a few minutes he chose to hang up rather than continue the conversation. I'd have kept him the entire hour. "Dave" didn't know who Ramzi Yousef was, or Yousef's relation to Khalid Sheik Mohammed, or anything to do with the enemy for that matter. He was almost completely uninformed about the subject matter of the series.

And it is for "Dave" that I hope the program airs. I don't care if the ABC brass completely caves to Bill Clinton's desperate --and ultimately doomed to be unsuccessful-- effort to airbrush history. I really don't. Clinton doesn't matter. Berger doesn't matter. Madeleine Albright will never hold public office again. Their objections --both the valid and the not valid-- just don't matter.

The utter and dangerous ignorance of both the left and the simply apolitical concerning the enemy matters. Which is why "The Path to 9/11" matters.

The central character of the program is Ramzi Yousef. Right behind him is Khalid Sheik Mohammed. Both are in prison. Both will never again be free. But they are representative of the enemy, and the enemy is numerous and every bit as dedicated to their malicious schemes as these two were. That's the point of this program and why ABC must air it, and why other similar projects must be made and aired. It isn't about domestic politics at all. It is about the war. "The Path to 9/11" tries --and I think succeeds-- in attempting to convey who the enemy is and why the war is a deadly serious business.

In the second hour of my program, "Alex from LA" called intent on publicizing some nutter theory on how Bushco was behind the whole thing, a radio advance guard for the Presbyterian publishing empire, I guess. "Alex" wants the world to know it wasn't "them." It was "us." There are thousands --maybe tens of thousands-- of Alexes, even after the appearance of a video with bin Laden and the terrorists. "Why did it show up sixty days before an election," Alex demanded, implying his immovable certainty that Halliburton's audio/visual geeks had been up late prepping the clincher bit of agitprop. Wow.

Five years after the attacks and there are large segments of the American public that don't understand, or refuse to believe, that we are in a war; and not just a war, a war that can be lost. They have ceased to believe, or never did, that the enemy is sophisticated, deadly, and crucially, relentless. "The Path to 9/11" conveys this message. That's why it matters.

Here's Rudy Giuliani from my interview with him Wednesday:

RG: I think what our failure was, that we failed to recognize that terrorism was at war with us, and we kind of treated it as a criminal conspiracy.

HH: Has that shifted sufficiently in your eyes now?

RG: Yeah. I think President Bush made a very, very important historic decision on September 20th, 2001. I think that was the turning point. I think President Bush recognized it as a war, that these people had declared war on us. They had actually declared war on us a long time before we recognized it on September 11. And President Bush decided we'd go on offense against them, that we would respond accordingly, where as in the past, we had responded sporadically. We'd get attacked, and sometimes, we'd respond. And then in the case of the Cole, for example, we didn't respond. And I think we were giving them an inconsistent picture. And probably because we didn't understand the full nature of just how dangerous they were.

HH: Rudy Giuliani, looking back now five years after the original attack, or the attack on 9/11, and three years after the invasion of Iraq, knowing what you know now, was the invasion of Iraq a good idea/

RG: Yes.

HH: Why?

RG: Yes, I believe that both the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq were necessary. Maybe they could have been explained differently, or particularly Iraq, maybe we could have handled it somewhat differently. But the reality is, the terrorist enemy that we face is multifaceted, and loosely organized. We're not facing just one organization. Their organizational structure is Islamic fanaticism, or however you want to describe it. There are a lot of ways you can describe it. But it's not as if we're facing just one organization, or one country. And it reminds me...when I sort of analogize it to my prosecutorial days, it reminds me of dealing with the mafia. In New York, we were dealing with five different families. If all you did was eliminate one of those families, all you were accomplishing is making the other four families stronger. So the way you have to deal with terrorism is, you've got to eliminate all the pillars of support as best you can, which means Saddam Hussein, al Qaeda in Afghanistan. You've got...you had to deal with Qadafi. Luckily, he stepped down. We have to deal eventually with Iran and Syria, and places that like that support terrorism.​

Rudy understands the enemy, but he would. He was there. He attended the funerals.

The late John O'Neill understood the enemy, and Harvey Keitel's preformance in "The Path to 9/11" conveys this. Very few people did prior to 9/11. The ABC series argues that Richard Clarke did. I disagree. So what. It doesn't matter. Outfit Clarke in Jeremiah clothes: It doesn't matter.

Lileks:

Just so you know: 9/11 reset the clock for me. All hands went to midnight. I’m interested in what people did after that date, and if the movie shows that before the attack one side lacked feck and the other was feck-deficient, I don't worry about it. It's like revisiting Congressional debates about Hawaiian harbor security in November 1941. Y'all get a pass. The Etch-A-Sketch's turned over. Now: what have you said lately?
Agreed. There's a scene in the film where a video of Bill Clinton is shot again and again by the al Qaeda terrorists in training. Chilling stuff. They hate him too. They hate us all. "Dave" and "Alex" need to understand this point. The program may help them. Which is why I hope ABC refuses the very, very insistent demands from the would-be censors, and why I hope you tune in Sunday night at 8 PM.

UPDATE:

Doug Ross has an excellent post on the controversy.

I think its fucking hysterical to watch the Liberals scream about this. Conservatives complain about the anti-religous crap thats on TV and movies all the time, and they're told to just turn it off, or don't watch it. Now when there is one show saying something bad about Dems/Clinton admin, all of sudden Freedom of Speech goes right out the window and censorship is demanded. Just goes to show Libs never hold themselves to the same standard they hold everyone else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back