Passing the Duggars

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Gil and Kelly Bates expecting NINETEENTH baby | Mail Online

The mother of 18 children has revealed she is expecting her nineteenth baby.
The bombshell came at the end of last night's ABC News' Nightline special, which took a candid look at the unconventional Bates family life in their Lake City, Tennessee home.
Kelly Bates, 44, is due on Valentine's day and is completely overjoyed at the prospect of yet another addition to the ever-swelling evangelical Christian family.

Seriously. I don't know how they do it. It does remind me of the time that Celine Dion was on Rosie O'Donnell's show. Celine is the youngest of 14. She talked about how her mom wanted lots of kids, but her dad only wanted one, "So you can see who wore the pants in our family." Rosie deadpanned "Apparently, nobody!" and Celine just busted a gut.

Gil and Kelly Bates expecting NINETEENTH baby | Mail Online

The mother of 18 children has revealed she is expecting her nineteenth baby.
The bombshell came at the end of last night's ABC News' Nightline special, which took a candid look at the unconventional Bates family life in their Lake City, Tennessee home.
Kelly Bates, 44, is due on Valentine's day and is completely overjoyed at the prospect of yet another addition to the ever-swelling evangelical Christian family.

Seriously. I don't know how they do it. It does remind me of the time that Celine Dion was on Rosie O'Donnell's show. Celine is the youngest of 14. She talked about how her mom wanted lots of kids, but her dad only wanted one, "So you can see who wore the pants in our family." Rosie deadpanned "Apparently, nobody!" and Celine just busted a gut.

Adult Sex Education - Oprah.com

• Banned
That bit I get, ya goob. You ever been a parent?

i still am

Yeah, sorry; of course. I am, too. It's just that she's 30, and expecting her third. I remember when her first two were born one day shy of 13 months apart. I can't imagine going through two in diapers, drinking formula, having colic, spiking fevers, getting into everything = times 9!? 18 kids. That's crazy.

That bit I get, ya goob. You ever been a parent?

i still am

Yeah, sorry; of course. I am, too. It's just that she's 30, and expecting her third. I remember when her first two were born one day shy of 13 months apart. I can't imagine going through two in diapers, drinking formula, having colic, spiking fevers, getting into everything = times 9!? 18 kids. That's crazy.

my aunt had 4 kids under the age of two (one set of twins)

she got through it okay.

i still am

my aunt had 4 kids under the age of two (one set of twins)

she got through it okay.

Both my mother and daughter had children 13 months apart (I'm one of them). Of course they "got through it okay".

Strangely enough, neither of them, nor your aunt, I take it, went on to do so over and over and over and over and over and over. I don't know why not, but frankly, from a psychological standpoint, I'd be worried if they had.

Did you read the article?

Gil says the children wanted another young sibling so much that they have been praying. 'Some of them said, 'Can we fast if the Lord would give us more children?'
'They fasted and prayed.'

How on earth is that normal?

I dont know how moms do it when the kids are so close apart. My first two are almost 3 years apart and my middle one to my youngest is almost 4. I had the older one trained and could feed himself before I had the other. And I only planned one of the kids LOL the middle child. My friend has two kids and they are 1 year and 1 week apart they were both planned. She had them in her mid 30s so I can understand her wanting them close because she knew it would get harder as she got older. But boy those kids are a handful. They scream all the time. But , now I have come to the conclusion that the parents scream at each other all the time ( she told me this) that the kids think this is a normal way to communicate .My boys had their days but for the most part they all got a long. I think it helps they all have their own room. She has her two sharing so when she punishes them to their room they are together. I said that is not going to work you need to separate them LOL

I just wonder though with that many kids born vaginal wouldnt it be like throwing a hotdog in a hallway . Just saying LOL

Forum List

Back