Pass this Bill!!

How Many Times Did He Say 'Pass the Bill'?

He must have been talking about Bill Clinton. Everyone knows that Bill is the standard measure of Democrat success.

A distillation (after eliminating all the ums, errs, ahs, duh's, etc..) of Obama's campaign speech to the joint session of congress. I think he really wants Congress to pass the jobs bill.....:lol::lol:(it's worth the click- it's only 45 seconds)

In Obama's Jobs Speech, How Many Times Did He Say 'Pass the Bill'? -- VIDEO - Theresa Poulson - NationalJournal.com

Putting this in perspective, what this president is attempting to do is unprecedented. Calling a joint session of Congress and simply demand they pass a bill that will solve all the woes of the country, all of them, and not cost a dime. Why wouldn't they pass it, it's F-ing free :eusa_eh:

And the kicker is there is no bill that anyone has read. And they need to pass it ASAP, no time to debate this. We'll read after they vote, we have no time to wait. It would be racist not to pass this, did I mention it's free? :lol:

Interesting... He says he will pay for it with the money that the special commission saves. You know, the 12 political hacks that are sitting there with dug in heels on each of their party's positions on issues. If I was a betting man, I'd bet this bill doesn't get passed, if it does, doesn't get paid for, and will be the focal point for the up-coming 2012 campaign trail. Another typical Obama political campaign speech. Yawn...

A distillation (after eliminating all the ums, errs, ahs, duh's, etc..) of Obama's campaign speech to the joint session of congress. I think he really wants Congress to pass the jobs bill.....:lol::lol:(it's worth the click- it's only 45 seconds)

In Obama's Jobs Speech, How Many Times Did He Say 'Pass the Bill'? -- VIDEO - Theresa Poulson - NationalJournal.com

Putting this in perspective, what this president is attempting to do is unprecedented. Calling a joint session of Congress and simply demand they pass a bill that will solve all the woes of the country, all of them, and not cost a dime. Why wouldn't they pass it, it's F-ing free :eusa_eh:

And the kicker is there is no bill that anyone has read. And they need to pass it ASAP, no time to debate this. We'll read after they vote, we have no time to wait. It would be racist not to pass this, did I mention it's free? :lol:

I don't think he actually demanded they pass the bill. The complete statement he made was, "you should pass this bill". That was him giving his opinion. So, I think we should file it with the opinions we are presented with on a daily basis by HuffPost, TPM etc. In the trash can.

Immie

Interesting... He says he will pay for it with the money that the special commission saves. You know, the 12 political hacks that are sitting there with dug in heels on each of their party's positions on issues. If I was a betting man, I'd bet this bill doesn't get passed, if it does, doesn't get paid for, and will be the focal point for the up-coming 2012 campaign trail. Another typical Obama political campaign speech. Yawn...

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous for Obama to say this bill will be paid for because he's asking people who no one thinks can come to an agreement to come to an even bigger agreement. However, he is right that short-term spending should be paid for with long-term, rather than short-term cuts. By implication, Obama has signed off on anything the "super committee passes."

Indeed. They are just as determined no to say Stimulus as they are not to provide any estimates as to how many jobs will be created.

This is just another "prop up Big Government" not even a bill as nothing has been written yet.

Last edited:

He called a Joint Session of Congress for THAT?

In legal terms I think that falls under the heading of "Failure to Perform" and we should sue him for breach of contract.

He gives us weeks of build up...touting how he's FINALLY going to attack jobs, he's going to give us a jobs bill that's going to be breathtaking in it's scope and then he gives us that watered down version of the stimulus that didn't work after it was passed two and a half years ago? I honestly can't believe he had the balls to stand up there and give that speech.

Let's face it folks...this guy hasn't had an original idea in the past year and a half. Larry Summer's Keynesian economic spend fest went over like a lead balloon and ever since this White House has been at a total loss as to what to do. What the heck happened to the "brilliance" of Barack Obama? Come on...the guy's supposed to be a Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School! How come he's so completely and utterly clueless when it comes to economics and business? How come he can't even come up with a freakin' budget? What the heck is he DOING in the Oval Office all day? For the love of God, Bill Clinton spent most of HIS time chasing skirts around his desk and yet HE managed to run the country. Barack's not spending any time doing that yet he STILL can't seem to come up with a plan to fix things. I hate to point out the obvious but the hype about this guy being smart is almost laughable at this point.

The sad thing is that the public at large is ignorant of the fact that their actually is no bill. Obama masterfully mislead the public at large yet again in an attempt to put himself on a pedestal while making republicans look bad for not getting it done right away.

Smart political move, terrible economic policy.

"The president proposes and Congress disposes." It is up to a Republican majority Congress now.
So let us put the decision making process of the President's proposal in proper perspective.

The Office of the Presidency has Veto power through legislation and Senate can override the President
with a two-thirds vote. Let us research the origins of the results before we throw tomatoes at
Obama. This knowledge is something every"AMERICAN" embrace.

New Topics

Forum List

Back