Parents! Your thoughts please...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I just started my daycare and have 2 kids already, a brother and sister. So far, these are the only two. Being is I am new at this, and this has been their first week, I don't want to get off to a bad start.

The little boy just turned 2, and still has a paci. Not unusual, since Nathan used one every so often to bed but not during the daytime after he turned 1, continued until about 2 (he's 3 now).

Anyway, the way he holds the thing in his mouth, is like a smoker holds a cigarette in their mouth-to the side.

It looks like he has done that for quite some time, because his teeth and mouth shape that way when he talks. You can tell his teeth have kind of molded themselves around the nipple. When he talks without it, he talks only with half his mouth open, as if it is in his mouth.

Basically, it is impacting his teeth and the way they are aligned. When he smiles, the ones that go around the paci are affected so much that you can't see them, and it looks like he only has half his teeth. I can tell this affects his eating and some of his speech. The thing is-do I say something to mom or leave it alone? This kid will have serious dental problems in the future if this doesn't get corrected.

I'd tread very carefully here. Moms especially can get defensive if they feel their parenting skills are in question.

On a side note: Will there be lasting effects on the teeth, since these baby teeth will be falling out anyway? Just wondering.

It's not a health or safety issue and you're reliant on the parent being comfortable having her kids with you (unlike a public school class, they can go elsewhere). Plus, the parents and the child's doctor have already seen it. I wouldn't say anything unless asked.

Just my two cents.

could not pass this one by...maybe the kidd is looking for momies real boobie...ya could share or not! Thats up to you...then again ya did pass the state test for those who are in day care...no?...Never mind everyone will say I am Drunk!...not tho just making some fun outta this "Help Me" thread!:teeth:

I'd tread very carefully here. Moms especially can get defensive if they feel their parenting skills are in question.

On a side note: Will there be lasting effects on the teeth, since these baby teeth will be falling out anyway? Just wondering.
I always thought adult teeth sort of followed baby teeth in? It's not like all the teeth fall out at once.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but I have been told sucking your thumb as a kid will contribute to needing braces later on.

could not pass this one by...maybe the kidd is looking for momies real boobie...ya could share or not! Thats up to you...then again ya did pass the state test for those who are in day care...no?...Never mind everyone will say I am Drunk!...not tho just making some fun outta this "Help Me" thread!:teeth:

Telling her to give the kid a breast of HERS? classless.

:-/

Telling her to give the kid a breast of HERS? classless.

:-/

Yeah I know...you are just mad cause' I beat ya to the punch...betta check my sense of humor at the door before I enter next time...LOL:tng:

So many questions, so many ellipsises, so few answers.

What can I say...I live in Nevada...I'm sorry we don't take this type of rhetoric all that serious...blame it on my "Army" training if that is more convienent!:dunno:
Why did you put Army in quotes? Was it not the real Army? This is an example of how we get confused by you so much. In this case, we all know you were in the real Army, but in other cases it's not clear. Yet we're expected to figure that all out as if we should know.

We're not usually trying to be dicks to start; just figure out what in the hell you're trying to say! Probably why your humor falls flat for some of us. IMO.

Why did you put Army in quotes? Was it not the real Army? This is an example of how we get confused by you so much. In this case, we all know you were in the real Army, but in other cases it's not clear. Yet we're expected to figure that all out as if we should know.

We're not usually trying to be dicks to start; just figure out what in the hell you're trying to say! Probably why your humor falls flat for some of us. IMO.

I don't hate ya...as a matter of fact you remind me of me when I was your age...always questioning ones motives...that is a great trait! Now, when are ya going to enlist? Trust me it will set ya free...at least from all the party distractions...real life is a "Bitch" However it is eye opening...Carry on and smack me if ya so desire!...I am a 'Big Boy"!:)

I don't hate ya...as a matter of fact you remind me of me when I was your age...always questioning ones motives...that is a great trait! Now, when are ya going to enlist? Trust me it will set ya free...at least from all the party distractions...real life is a "Bitch" However it is eye opening...Carry on and smack me if ya so desire!...I am a 'Big Boy"!:)
I've found enjoyment and fufillment in my life without enlisting. It might not be the same enjoyment or fufillment that you or other veterans found, but I'm ok with that. I'm ok with you thinking less of me for it.

I'm not trying to smack you, Arch. I'm trying to help you help us understand your humor.

I've found enjoyment and fufillment in my life without enlisting. It might not be the same enjoyment or fufillment that you or other veterans found, but I'm ok with that. I'm ok with you thinking less of me for it.

I'm not trying to smack you, Arch. I'm trying to help you help us understand your humor.

LOL...pa-lease..you don't have to quote anothers..."Let me help you"I am just fine son...ya don't have to understand that which you have absolutely no knowledge of...I led ya to water and now this...carry on though 'Party Guy':happy2:

90ph33rgif.gif

Forum List

Back