Parents shot by their toddler charged with child abuse

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
The parents of a toddler have been charged with child abuse after their 3-year-old son shot them both, according to a new Mexico criminal complaint.
The shooting happened last Saturday afternoon at a motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The couple was shotapparently after the child grabbed a .45-caliber handgun from his mother's purse and fired one shot, striking both his father and his pregnant mother.
Both parents were arrested Thursday on a charge of child abuse without great bodily harm, according to a state criminal complaint. The boy and his 2-year-old sister, who also was in the room, were not injured in the incident.
Parents shot by their toddler charged with child abuse - CNN.com
Huh, I was waiting exactly this end of the story. They are undoubtedly guilty of their negligence. American parents are becoming more and more careless. This is a good step toward the decision of the problem. Don't you think so?
1379005022000-D01-FLAG-YL-09.jpg

I would think getting shot is punishment enough. Tends to get your attention.

I would think getting shot is punishment enough. Tends to get your attention.
Disagree, they have not paid for their carelessness before the child. It will be a good lesson for them but not a punishment. They should go behind bars. It is quite fair.

Depriving a 3 y/o of his parents is a pretty harsh punishment. More than is deserved I would say.

Forum List

Back