Parents Of Michigan High School Shooting Suspect Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter

1638579250820.png

I applaud Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald for having the courage to charge these reckless parents with involuntary manslaughter. Maybe this case can set a precedent for how similar cases are adjudicated in the future. It's long overdue that parents be held accountable. Karen McDonald is a former judge. Someone has to break the ice on our gun crisis. I wonder how many death threats she has already received...

Judge Karen McDonald wins Oakland County Prosecutor’s race

Last edited:
Sure, that's what I'm getting at. I'm wondering what we don't know for the charges to have been filed. There doesn't seem to be a law that addresses this.

I doubt very many people think their kid would do something like this.
As I said

1. I don't have all the information and I question what I do have but
2. If some of what I've read is true they in fact encouraged the behavior. And
3. Expectations? What does one expect when you arm a kid, let him buy ammunition and take the gun to school.

Reasonable man.

Before posting I reread the news accounts of the shooting – there’s no indication that the mother knew her son had the gun at school; the father went home to check to see if the gun was there.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If there reports are correct, and I'm not claiming they are, she had to know he had his gun when she texted him. If the parents went home and found the gun missing and did nothing they hold some responsibility.

Wow, the parents are now facing four charges of involuntary manslaughter.

I don't know much about this case but from what I have read, those parents weren't very responsible.

Outrageous prosecutorial overreach.

Rittenhouse 2.0

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If there reports are correct, and I'm not claiming they are, she had to know he had his gun when she texted him. If the parents went home and found the gun missing and did nothing they hold some responsibility.
Some responsibility, yes – but not felony convictions and 15 years in prison.

Again – we’ve got guns, dead children, and an outraged, emotional public for whom a 15 year old charged as an adult is not enough; let’s string the parents up, too.

Before posting I reread the news accounts of the shooting – there’s no indication that the mother knew her son had the gun at school; the father went home to check to see if the gun was there.

She texted her son.. Don't do it.

Every black parent who gives their kid a gun, that the kid later uses should be charged, no matter the color of their skin. Your problem is that black parents give their kids sneakers or smart phones for christmas, not guns.
Guns are available in the streets in many neighborhoods. The parents had to know there were issues going on with their child in this case.

Guns are available in the streets in many neighborhoods. The parents had to know there were issues going on with their child in this case.
Especially when they were called to the school just hours before the shooting with disturbing drawings found from the perp.
I'm sure that the school will also be called into the fray legally with them sending the kid back to class.
This is really messed up and didn't have to happen, there were red flags flying everywhere with this kid.

Again – we’ve got guns, dead children, and an outraged, emotional public for whom a 15 year old charged as an adult is not enough; let’s string the parents up, too.
Oh I think the extreme circumstances of this shooting, where the parents buy and give and emotionally disturbed young man a firearm while being presented with extremely disturbing hate writings and drawings by the school, then noting that mom said "I'm not mad at you, you just need to learn how not to get caught" all makes the parents culpable to the crime. Fleeing the sheriff and the whole flight risk thing is icing on that cake.

View attachment 571455

I applaud Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald for having the courage to charge these reckless parents with involuntary manslaughter. Maybe this case can set a precedent for how similar cases are adjudicated in the future. It's long overdue that parents be held accountable. Karen McDonald is a former judge. Someone has to break the ice on our gun crisis. I wonder how many death threats she has already received...

Judge Karen McDonald wins Oakland County Prosecutor’s race

Yeah, this ain't nothing but an anti-gun crusade. Its how commies roll

That very well may be playing into it.

Forum List

Back