Parents arrested, tased during confrontation as Arizona school was on lockdown

night_son

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2018
The Full Moon
Link:

Excerpt:

"Three parents were arrested, two of whom were tased, during a confrontation outside an Arizona elementary school that had been locked down over a report of someone with a gun Friday, El Mirage police said.

Thompson Ranch Elementary School was locked down after a report around 10:30 a.m. that someone who appeared to have a handgun had tried to open a locked door and ran off, El Mirage police Lt. Jimmy Chavez said.

That person was later taken into custody and was being evaluated by mental health professionals, police in El Mirage, a city northwest of Phoenix, said in a later statement. The statement did not say if any gun was found.

Police said criminal charges are pending against the man, whose identity has not been released, but did not say what they could be.

The security scare in El Mirage occurred a little more than two months after a mass shooting and botched police response at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

Outside the school in Arizona on Friday, the three parents were arrested as several parents said they were going to go onto the locked-down campus to protect their children, Chavez said.

“As a parent, I understand that philosophy, however, there were procedures that law enforcement and the school were following,” Chavez told reporters at the scene.

One of those arrested, a man described as the “main instigator,” was armed and a handgun fell to the ground as he was being arrested, Chavez said.

The other two, a man and a woman, were tased and arrested after they came to his aid, he said.

“They were physically attempting to get into campus, and they were getting into physical altercations with our officers,” Chavez said. “They were forcefully pushing onto the officers trying to get on campus.”

Police had converged on the elementary school after school staff reported that someone who appeared to have a handgun tried get into an exterior building but the door was locked, and the man was chased off by staff, Chavez said."

Comment(s):

Parental instinct is a powerful incentive.

Three parents were arrested, two of whom were tased, during a confrontation outside an Arizona elementary school that had been locked down over a report of someone with a gun Friday, El Mirage police said.

The last thing we need when a school might have a gunman around is any armed parents coming there to get them out of harm's way! :smoke:

I get what you're saying, but do you understand what a clusterfuck that could turn into?
I'll bet you don't own or use firearms, do you? If my kid is in school and is threatened by a potential shooter, the very best and first thing I can do is get my kid the hell out of there. No one will protect a kid better than their own parent. If taking the kids to safety might be a clusterfuck, can you imagine what might happen by leaving them there with a school and police department that cannot protect them at all, or might wait an hour after shooting starts just to try to get to the assailant?

Parents have first and last and absolute rights to their children period. They do not give up any rights just because the kid took the bus to school to learn about arithmetic.

Who the fuck cares. The cops sat around and jerked off in Uvalde.

No parent will ever trust law enforcement after that.
So you think the Uvalde response is typical across the country and a bunch of us armed civilians, should overwhelm the police responses as we see fit and go through their lines to take matters into or own hands? That is dumb.

So you think the Uvalde response is typical across the country and a bunch of us armed civilians, should overwhelm the police responses as we see fit and go through their lines to take matters into or own hands? That is dumb.

Yes. We have had three mass shooters and every time law enforcement has sat on their collective asses.

No more.

No, the last thing we need are cowardly cops interfering with parents.
And you have reason to believe the Arizonal cops were cowardly, based on the Uvalde mess? So you hate cops? I do not recommend your course of action if it comes up in your town. If it doesn't work out for you, leave a note for your next of kin to let us know. I'll chip in of flowers.

And you have reason to believe the Arizonal cops were cowardly, based on the Uvalde mess? So you hate cops? I do not recommend your course of action if it comes up in your town. If it doesn't work out for you, leave a note for your next of kin to let us know. I'll chip in of flowers.

No, I like good cops a lot. I detest bad cops. Typical infantile response from you though.

You should grow up some more.

Small town cops don't have the training to take out an active shooter.
I could have had 4 guys stacked on that door and gone in an blasted that kid in under 5 mins.

No, I like good cops a lot. I detest bad cops. Typical infantile response from you though.

You should grow up some more.
So what makes you think the Arizona cops are bad cops? You never said.

Small town cops don't have the training to take out an active shooter.
I could have had 4 guys stacked on that door and gone in an blasted that kid in under 5 mins.
All small town police forces are not created equal. To assume they are is foolish. Good way to get shot as cops do not know parents in general, and will not allow armed parents taking over the situation. It would not cross my mind to interfere, and I'm fairly trained, myself.

Forum List

Back