Pardon me: Navy sailor in jail for submarine photos pleads for mercy from Trump

You know, I read the article, and sorry...............he did wrong.

Now, if he was just a new E-3 who had just reported aboard, then I would be able to believe that he didn't know any better.

However.....................the dude in question is an MM1 which means he's a First Class Machinist's Mate, meaning not only does he work on the engines, but he also ALREADY KNOWS that the areas he photographed were classified.

I mean, I worked in and went to some areas while serving in the Navy that I knew were classified, and also knew better than to take photographs in there. I've been in FA-18 cockpits, as well as have been in other aviation affiliated areas that were considered confidential or higher.

Nope, sorry, he knew what he did was wrong, and saying that other people have done as bad or worse doesn't hold water. He knew what he did was wrong, regardless of what he wanted to show his son later. I have children and am proud of what I did, but I'm not gonna show or tell them about classified information, I know better than to do that and he should have as well.

So you didn't agree with Manning pardon, correct?

Now, if he was just a new E-3 who had just reported aboard, then I would be able to believe that he didn't know any better.

However.....................the dude in question is an MM1 which means he's a First Class Machinist's Mate, meaning not only does he work on the engines, but he also ALREADY KNOWS that the areas he photographed were classified.

I mean, I worked in and went to some areas while serving in the Navy that I knew were classified, and also knew better than to take photographs in there. I've been in FA-18 cockpits, as well as have been in other aviation affiliated areas that were considered confidential or higher.

Nope, sorry, he knew what he did was wrong, and saying that other people have done as bad or worse doesn't hold water. He knew what he did was wrong, regardless of what he wanted to show his son later. I have children and am proud of what I did, but I'm not gonna show or tell them about classified information, I know better than to do that and he should have as well.

So you didn't agree with Manning pardon, correct?

Actually, no. But, since it's out there, maybe we should pay attention to it.

And no, I don't condone those who sell our secrets.

Forum List

Back