Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak, is a series on Netflix. It is worth one hour of your time to watch S1 E1 given the current situation. There are too many mixed messages floating around the Internet, on TV Broadcasts and Press Briefing from the White House.

Watching it may save your life, or the life of your parents or children.

My roomie worked for many years in a hospital as an Emergency Room worker/secretary. She knows what needs to be done to stay safe.

And, sometimes, those shows can have false information as well.

My roomie worked for many years in a hospital as an Emergency Room worker/secretary. She knows what needs to be done to stay safe.

No shit? Entertainment not accurately reflecting real conditions...ya don't say...

• Banned

Sometimes documentaries can be edifying. I suggest you watch it, it gives a history on the flu, going back to the end of WW I. Do you know that the Spanish Flu took 50 million deaths, more than those killed in WW I and WW II combined?

I'm not suggesting Covit 19 will become as serious, but given the history of pandemics, this may wake up those who believe Donald Trump and feel they don't need to take precautions.

• Banned
Unfortunately in the REAL WORLD the WHO won't declare a pandemic until millions die in every continent.

Have you looked at the map of documented infections in Countries around the world? It matters not how many deaths are needed to declare a pandemic, what we know now is about 3% die and most recover. But with a global population of 7 + billion people, that's a lot of people to be treated in hospitals, especially since their is no known vaccination, and too few testing kits.

Watch the first series of Pandemic, it opened my eyes and hopefully it will open the eyes of others.

Sometimes documentaries can be edifying. I suggest you watch it, it gives a history on the flu, going back to the end of WW I. Do you know that the Spanish Flu took 50 million deaths, more than those killed in WW I and WW II combined?

I'm not suggesting Covit 19 will become as serious, but given the history of pandemics, this may wake up those who believe Donald Trump and feel they don't need to take precautions.

Yes, I'm aware of what the Spanish flu was. I'm also aware that when it first hit, there were some deaths, but when it came back the second time, that is when it killed the most people. The thing that scares me right now is the way Trump and his supporters are saying that it will be gone by summer, but they have no way of knowing if it will come back worse than before next fall.

What's even worse, is many of the events that are being stopped now are being delayed until next fall.

And the really scary thing is that we don't have effective tests to see if someone has it or not, as well as the fact that a vaccine is a year to 18 months away at a minimum.

Unfortunately in the REAL WORLD the WHO won't declare a pandemic until millions die in every continent.

Have you looked at the map of documented infections in Countries around the world? It matters not how many deaths are needed to declare a pandemic, what we know now is about 3% die and most recover. But with a global population of 7 + billion people, that's a lot of people to be treated in hospitals, especially since their is no known vaccination, and too few testing kits.

Watch the first series of Pandemic, it opened my eyes and hopefully it will open the eyes of others.
Corona met the criteria for a pandemic a week ago. The fact remains they wont declare pandemic because it would hurt BUSINESS

• Banned

Yes, I'm aware of what the Spanish flu was. I'm also aware that when it first hit, there were some deaths, but when it came back the second time, that is when it killed the most people. The thing that scares me right now is the way Trump and his supporters are saying that it will be gone by summer, but they have no way of knowing if it will come back worse than before next fall.

What's even worse, is many of the events that are being stopped now are being delayed until next fall.

And the really scary thing is that we don't have effective tests to see if someone has it or not, as well as the fact that a vaccine is a year to 18 months away at a minimum.

My Great Aunt died from the flu, her husband was a Dough Boy and brought it home from Europe. She is buried with her unborn child in the Catholic Cemetery in Colma, CA.

Corona met the criteria for a pandemic a week ago. The fact remains they wont declare pandemic because it would hurt BUSINESS

Who is they?

All of the major cities around these parts with St. Patrick's Day parades have cancelled. Pittsburgh, Boardman, Cleveland.

I don't see why, one would think that with all the alcohol flowing during the event, it would kill any germs.

they should have declared it pandemic earlier. imagine there are already 800 plus deaths in Italy alone?

Tonight we will hear from trump on Covit 19, will trump step up and tell the truth? Or will it be all about him and how great he is?

Better to watch the link below, to protect yourself and your family than to listen to him:

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

He came on television a full hour after when they said he would. Kinda pissed me off too, because it messed with Seal Team (one of my favorite shows). Then, he said he was going to do something, and it would happen soon, but he didn't say what it was or when it would happen.

Today? The markets tanked yet again. So much of Trump reassuring anyone.

Interesting little fact BTW.................the stock market closed at the same level it did on 20 Jan 2017, the day he took over, and it was 21,200.

Tonight we will hear from trump on Covit 19, will trump step up and tell the truth? Or will it be all about him and how great he is?

Better to watch the link below, to protect yourself and your family than to listen to him:

Coronavirus updates live: WHO declares COVID-19 disease to be a pandemic

He came on television a full hour after when they said he would. Kinda pissed me off too, because it messed with Seal Team (one of my favorite shows). Then, he said he was going to do something, and it would happen soon, but he didn't say what it was or when it would happen.

Today? The markets tanked yet again. So much of Trump reassuring anyone.

Interesting little fact BTW.................the stock market closed at the same level it did on 20 Jan 2017, the day he took over, and it was 21,200.
Which shows how great the economy has been since Trump took over. 21K to 29K.

The way to prevent a pandemic is to mandate the option of autopay. Places that don't allow payment by AUTOPAY should be forced to allow it.

This is no time to have landlords and other businesses boosting their income by not allowing autopay.

Good Way To Stop Coronavirus Pandemic

Forum List

Back