Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is accusing Democrat Barack Obama of "palling around with terrorists" for his association with a former 1960s radical.

Story here

Quite a few interesting tidbits today:

JustOneMinute: No Yards And A Cloud Of Dust

Lots of links, including to the NYT story:

October 04, 2008
No Yards And A Cloud Of Dust

Scott Shane of the NY Times presents an elegant apologia for Obama's mysterious relationship with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. Mr. Shane presents the bare bones of many of the allegations made by critics, thereby allowing the Times to defend this piece as fair and two-sided. However, little or no evidence is presented to support the allegations while the Obama denials and current explanations are presented uncritically. The net effect will probably be to convince many people that the Times pushed hard but simply could not find a story here.

I am not convinced and will be back with more when time permits. Meanwhile, do check out Steve Diamond, the dean of this story. I see that his post title includes the word "Whitewash", so I infer he is not pleased with the Times coverage either. I won't look at his work until I have finished my own evaluation but you should peek ahead.

HERE WE GO:

This is an example of a bare-bones allegation in the fifth paragraph:

More recently, conservative critics who accuse Mr. Obama of a stealth radical agenda have asserted that he has misleadingly minimized his relationship with Mr. Ayers, whom the candidate has dismissed as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood” and “somebody who worked on education issues in Chicago that I know.”​

Why isn't a cover-up worth probing? There has been a lot more "minimizing" by the Obama campaign then suggested by Mr. Shane. Some examples include:

Obama's campaign manager David Axelrod told The Politico in February that

"Bill Ayers lives in his neighborhood. Their kids attend the same school," he said. "They're certainly friendly, they know each other, as anyone whose kids go to school together."​

Obama told George Stepanopolous during the Democratic debate in Philadelphia that

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
And the so-called "Fact Check" at the Obama website does not disclose that Obama and Ayers worked together on a failed education reform project from 1995 to 2001, and had probably first teamed up on education reform in 1987.

That flat lie minimization by campaign manage Axelrod is especially important because a bit later Mr. Shane offers this:

“The suggestion that Ayers was a political adviser to Obama or someone who shaped his political views is patently false,” said Ben LaBolt, a campaign spokesman. Mr. LaBolt said the men first met in 1995 through the education project, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, and have encountered each other occasionally in public life or in the neighborhood.​

Is Mr. LaBolt even a bit less credible given that Obama's campaign manager either lied or was misinformed on the Obama/Ayers relationship last February? Is he made less credible by the misleading "Fact Check" presented at the candidate's website? I think so, but Times readers are not in a position to judge.

I believe that Mr. LaBolt is engaging in ongoing "minimization" because there are good reasons to believe that Messrs. Obama and Ayers met in 1988 during an earlier push for school reform....

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is accusing Democrat Barack Obama of "palling around with terrorists" for his association with a former 1960s radical.

Story here

And now we see Trump used to pal around with pedophiles

Palin cited an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

Trump on Epstein in 2002: “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Palling around with pedophiles.

Story here

Palin cited an article in Saturday's New York Times about Obama's relationship with Ayers, now 63. But that article concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.' "

Trump on Epstein in 2002: “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Holy necro. You really like aged corpses.

Story here
So lame... you’d think people would get sick of this transparent partisan hyperbole. Bunch of drama queens

Story here

Governor Palin was Right On in her observation.

After all, when Obama got in, he was sending pallets of money in the middle of the night to his terrorist pals in Teheran as part of a "deal".

He installed creeps like Morsi and the Islamonazi Brotherhood as the pharaohs of Egypt.

He went down to Havana to kiss the Terrorist Castro Brothers behinds and to open up an embassy and normalize relations with those pieces of shit.

Story here

One question. How many women did Epstein terrorize?

New footage has emerged showing President Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at his Mar-a-Lago estate

Republicans once again will show what hypocrites they are. Do they mind that Trump in 2002 was palling around with terrorists?

Literally you can watch this video and see Trump "palling around" with a pedophile

NBC Video Shows Trump Partying With Jeffrey Epstein At Mar-A-Lago | HuffPost

Story here

New footage has emerged showing President Donald Trump partying with Jeffrey Epstein at his Mar-a-Lago estate

Republicans once again will show what hypocrites they are. Do they mind that Trump in 2002 was palling around with terrorists?

Literally you can watch this video and see Trump "palling around" with a pedophile

So what? Trump didn't know that Eppy was a perv, and after he suspected it , he 86'ed Epstein

Further, Epstein might well be exonerated.

you never know, if he rats on people higher on the food chain, the Trump DOJ might welt him go.

Story here

So what? Trump didn't know that Eppy was a perv, and after he suspected it , he 86'ed Epstein

Further, Epstein might well be exonerated.

you never know, if he rats on people higher on the food chain, the Trump DOJ might welt him go.
Howard Stern today called trump out the same way I did. He asked how is it trump has surrounded himself with so many bad people, who one time before he heaped tons of praise on them. Not only that he says they got an unfair deal when they got caught.

And sometimes he has a falling out with with good republicans like Rex tillerson. But even then he once praised him then later called him dumb. Well trump you picked him. All those bad people he surrounded himself with are his fault.

Even Jared kushner If you know his family history no way you give that guy top security clearance. And the people who deny security clearances were overrid when they denied several of trumps inner circle.

Have we forgotten Steve bannon? Flynn? Cohen?

Trump is the worst. All he did as give everyone a tax break we didn’t need and can’t afford unless republicans ar3 ready to again say debt doesn’t matter. Flip flop

Story here

Trump dumped Clinton's bff Epstein.

You are going to be sadder than election eve 2016 when Epstein starts singing.

How didn't Hillary, smartest woman ever, know her husband was fucking 16 year old girls? Must be in those missing emails

Story here

How didn't Hillary, smartest woman ever, know her husband was fucking 16 year old girls? Must be in those missing emails
I don’t care about the Clintons. Take them to jail. But take trump with you.

We already know the Epstein trump connection. That’s how that guy got the job working for trump. That was his payback for letting Epstein off.

Story here

So it seems that no Republicans care that Trump was palling around with terrorists? Then why did they attack Obama for meeting Bill Ayers ONCE when he was a junior senator?

190717074027-trump-jeffrey-epstein-1992-party-large-169.jpg

This is Trump palling around with terrorists. Because that's what Epstein is. He terrorizes women and children. And Trump knew that

In 2002, Trump told New York magazine that Epstein was a “terrific guy” who is “a lot of fun to be with.”

“It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side,”

It's said? Said by who? It's said by you Don. And I'm sure you two were very competitive about this.

Story here

So it seems that no Republicans care that Trump was palling around with terrorists? Then why did they attack Obama for meeting Bill Ayers ONCE when he was a junior senator?

This is Trump palling around with terrorists. Because that's what Epstein is. He terrorizes women and children. And Trump knew that

In 2002, Trump told New York magazine that Epstein was a “terrific guy” who is “a lot of fun to be with.”

“It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side,”

It's said? Said by who? It's said by you Don. And I'm sure you two were very competitive about this.

As soon as Trump found out that Eppy was an alleged perv, he 86'ed him from Mar a Lago.

So it seems that no Republicans care that Trump was palling around with terrorists?

In other words, anyone that was ever associated with Trump is a racist and/or a ''terrorist''. Brilliant.

Story here

As soon as Trump found out that Eppy was an alleged perv, he 86'ed him from Mar a Lago.

No. As soon as it was made public.

I think calling Eppy a "terrorist" is just bullshit.

The gentleman is an accused paedophile. Doesn't seem to have a motivation of political or ethnic terror at all for his crimes.

It isn't whether someone is "terrorized" by the crime that defines "terrorism", but the motivation of the terrorist. Even if no one was terrorist by the Shoe Bomber or the Panty Bomber, it is still terrorism because of the motivation

Forum List

Back