Palin changes status from "Republican" to "Conservative"

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Not a good sign, all you guys who think that we can beat Obama by nominating a guy who is almost as liberal.

Sarah Palin changes Facebook profile from 'Republican' to 'Conservative' | Mail Online

She has always been known as a Tea Party darling as well as a staunch Republican.

But now Sarah Palin has nailed her political colours to the mast and changed her Facebook profile from Republican to 'Conservative'.
The move on the 'political views' section of her page has left political commentators struggling to decipher what the the former Alaska governor is trying to say.

I'll be happy to translate.

"Hey, Conservatives and Christians. After the Party Establishment gets done sticking their thumb in your eye by nominating a left wing technocrat who isn't even a real Christian, I'll be here for you to run at a third party if you ask me in a way that strokes my ego." Wink wink "You Betcha. This Momma Grizzly is ready to rock. (Unless the GOP establishment gives me more money and attention and a speaking role at the convention. I'm Flexible like that.)"

Ummm... Yeah. The scary thing is, if the other choices are Obama and Romney, she suddenly became the most attractive thing at the bar.

I'd take Obama or Romney over Palin any day

Anybody who believes she is competent I'd like to hear how so

I think she had more success in her two years of governor than Obama's had in his four years in teh White House or Romney really had in his four years as governor of Mass.

Not a fan. Don't think she's very bright. Don't like her.

I just dislike Obama and Romney a whole lot more.

I also think that there is a value to third parties that one has to appreciate. Ross Perot never had a chance of winning in 1992, especially after he withdrew and then got back in. But his two runs emphasizing issues like trade and getting deficits under control did influence the conversation, absolutely.

I think she had more success in her two years of governor than Obama's had in his four years in teh White House or Romney really had in his four years as governor of Mass.

I also think that there is a value to third parties that one has to appreciate. Ross Perot never had a chance of winning in 1992, especially after he withdrew and then got back in. But his two runs emphasizing issues like trade and getting deficits under control did influence the conversation, absolutely.

I agree with all your points, I don't know much about her term in Alaska, but I'm no Romney or Obama supporter either. I just question how well should could articulate those values, I fear she could single-handedly embarrass the conservative movements enough that all progress we gained over the past 2 years or so would be completely wiped out. Could work out the other way, I'm very critical of her though.

Obama will always have her beat because he didn't quit.

Obama will always have her beat because he didn't quit.

Maybe, maybe not.

We are at a time when people are pretty sick of BOTH parties. Neither of them has an approval rating above the 20%.

You could have a situation where Obama and Romney split the liberal vote and Palin wins on the Conservative vote. Unlikely, I'll admit, but stranger things have happened.

Forum List

Back