Palestinians demand return of "their" heritage -- Dead Sea Scolls

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
Yes, you read that right -- the Arab Palestinians are going to make a formal request to UNESCO to have "their" cultural heritage, the Dead Sea Scrolls, returned to them.

The audacity of it is shocking.

Next they'll be asking for their Talmud back.

Last edited:
Yes, you read that right -- the Arab Palestinians are going to make a formal request to UNESCO to have "their" cultural heritage, the Dead Sea Scrolls, returned to them.

basically all things jewish and christian are considered holy to muslims

Possibly true. But recognition of the value or holiness of someone else's cultural heritage does not make it your cultural heritage nor does it give you leave to appropriate it.

Possibly true. But recognition of the value or holiness of someone else's cultural heritage does not make it your cultural heritage nor does it give you leave to appropriate it.
hey im an athiest i think we'd be better off if all these things were burned, but if two religions both believe one thing is holy to them who decides who gets it?

Actual modern day Muslims, perhaps. But they are not currently running things within the faith.

hey im an athiest i think we'd be better off if all these things were burned, but if two religions both believe one thing is holy to them who decides who gets it?

You think cultural and archeological artifacts should be BURNED? WTF?

but if two religions both believe one thing is holy to them who decides who gets it?

The people whose culture it belongs to! That is rather the point of UNESCO -- to protect the world's cultural heritage. Jewish writings belong to the Jewish people.

but if two religions both believe one thing is holy to them who decides who gets it?

The people whose culture it belongs to! That is rather the point of UNESCO -- to protect the world's cultural heritage. Jewish writings belong to the Jewish people.
Just who ever was first? does that seem fair? would you accept that rule for your own religious artifacts?

Jordan has the copper scrolls. See if they will give them to the palestinians instead

only if they have religous value yes lol

So if cultural artifacts from the past are in any way religious they should be destroyed? I'm beyond words.

only if they have religous value yes lol

So if cultural artifacts from the past are in any way religious they should be destroyed? I'm beyond words.
yes but again im an atheist and you people are killing eachother over nothing

The Dead Sea Scrolls is part of everyone's heritage, not only Israelis.
sure but so is van gogh's or michealangelos artwork, and if millions of people were murdering eachother and cutting eachothers heads off in the desert, over who was the better painter, or who gets to "keep" one of van goghs paintings in their country you probably would burn it yourself wouldn't you?

Bed wetting libturds are happy to destroy history.

What struck me as funny is that you accused Purple Turd of "thinking".

It's clinically impossible to be a libturd and think. Always keep that in mind. You're not corresponding with rational adults when talking to libturds. These are drones.

Forum List

Back