Palestinian officials: Jews welcome

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Palestinian officials are rolling out the welcome mat for Jews to come to a new Palestinian state.

Trying to tamp down a controversy over whether a Palestinian state would be Jew-free, Mahmoud Habbash, the Palestinian minister of religious affairs, said a future state would be open to people of all religions, including Jews.

“The future Palestinian state will be open to all its citizens, regardless of their religion,” Habbash said, according to USA Today. “We want a civil state, which in it live all the faiths, Muslim, Christian and Jews also if they agree, (and) accept to be Palestinian citizens.”

Palestinian officials: Jews welcome - Josh Gerstein and MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Guy Milliere, Eminent Professor of History and Political Science, Sorbonne, Paris :lol: :clap2:
No one had heard of a Palestinian people before the mid-1960s. They did not exist. Israel under the British Mandate until Israel' s Independence in 1948 was called Palestine. All Jews who were born there until i948 had the word « Palestine » stamped on their passports. The current Palestinians are those Arabs who, for a variety of reasons, decided to leave the land during the 1947 War of Independence, when five countries – Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq – attacked the 600,000 people in the fledgling state of Israel the day after its birth, hoping to kill it in the crib.
The War Against Israel Goes On- by Guy Millière | DRZZ.fr

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJjm5K07V0]Who are the Palestinians? - YouTube[/ame]

There are quite a few Jews who oppose Israel, so I wonder if they'll take them up on that offer.

This guy seems like he'd be interested"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmS7rD_4mPA&feature=related]Jews That Lived In Palestine Tell Their Story - YouTube[/ame]

I don't really agree with what he says in the sense that I think Israel should exist.

There are quite a few Jews who oppose Israel, so I wonder if they'll take them up on that offer.

Pulitzer Prize-Winning Writer Charles Krauthammer...
Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store.

Tel Dan Stele Verifying King David Dynasty 3000 years ago
The Tel Dan Stela and the Kings of Aram and Israel

Judaea Capta Coins Minted By Romans against Jews 2000 years ago
Judaea Capta coinage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewish Dead Sea Scrolls 2000 years old.
Dead Sea Scrolls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yale University Press: The Archaeology of Ancient Israel
In this lavishly illustrated book some of Israel's foremost archaeologists present a thorough, up-to-date, and readily accessible survey of early life in the land of the Bible, from the Neolithic era (eighth millennium B.C.E.) to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. It will be a delightful and informative resource for anyone who has ever wanted to know more about the religious, scientific, or historical background of the region.
The Archaeology of Ancient Israel - Ben-Tor, Amnon; Greenberg, R. - Yale University Press

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTbBx622-8]85 sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

Hebrew Bible: Psalm 137
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.

Upon the willows in the midst thereof we hanged up our harps.

For there they that led us captive asked of us words of song, and our tormentors asked of us mirth: 'Sing us one of the songs of Zion.'

How shall we sing HaShem'S song in a foreign land?

If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I remember thee not; if I set not Jerusalem above my chiefest joy.

Remember, O HaShem, against the children of Edom the day of Jerusalem; who said: 'Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.'

O daughter of Babylon, that art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that repayeth thee as thou hast served us.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock.

Quran 5:20-21...
Remember Moses said to his people: 'O my people! Recall in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert...
Jerusalem became the capital of the first Jewish kingdom in 1004 BC, over 3000 years ago. With the brief exception of the Crusader period, no other non-Jewish ruling power of Jerusalem made the city a capital but it was consistently a capital for the Jews. Driven into partial exile by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC, the Jews returned fifty years later and rebuilt Jerusalem as their capital. It was their capital, too, under the Maccabees. The unity of the city achieved in 1967, then, was more than a quirk of military geography. It was the fulfillment of unbroken historical longings.

What do Mr. Krauthammer's words have anything to do with what I just said?

I hope Abbas's words are honest. He can say anything now since he has no chance of getting a state. But will he really be able to control people to make sure there is no violence against Jews? Arabs and Jews lived side by side for centuries, not just in the Holy Land, but in Yemen, Iran, etc. Everything fell apart in the 20th Century and now I wonder if it's at a point of no return.

I wonder if any of the Palestinian Christian Arabs will come back to Palestine. I just read recently that 40% of the Palestinian Christian Arabs live in Latin America now.

I hope Abbas's words are honest. He can say anything now since he has no chance of getting a state. But will he really be able to control people to make sure there is no violence against Jews? Arabs and Jews lived side by side for centuries, not just in the Holy Land, but in Yemen, Iran, etc. Everything fell apart in the 20th Century and now I wonder if it's at a point of no return.

I wonder if any of the Palestinian Christian Arabs will come back to Palestine. I just read recently that 40% of the Palestinian Christian Arabs live in Latin America now.

Israel is sovereign Jewish land dating back 3000 years verified by the archaeological record.

Can you provide an archaeological record of any Palestinian civilization in Israel? No, I didn't think so. :lol:

Israel has been driving Christians out of the holy land since before its inception.

Israel has been driving Christians out of the holy land since before its inception.

Susan M. Michael
US Director
International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
We support Israel because we are Americans and we believe all Americans should support Israel. Israel is a democracy, and the only democracy in a region of totalitarian and repressive governments. Israel is a strong and loyal ally of the USA in a region where the word “ally” is a relative term. In America’s war against terrorism and in her stance for freedom from tyranny, she will never have a stronger more vital ally than Israel.
Israel may need America’s support, but we know America needs Israel.

International Christian Embassy Jerusalem: Why We Support Israel

International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwG_sb4YULY]ICEJ - YouTube[/ame]

Allah, oh our Lord
Vanquish your enemies, enemies of the religion [Islam]
in all places
Allah, strike the Jews and their sympathizers,
the Christians and their supporters
the Communists and their adherents
Allah, count them and kill them to the last one,
and don't even leave even one.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrI8-qb9M9A]Hamas: Kill Christians and Jews "to the last one" - YouTube[/ame]

If you mean that Israel has targeted Christians to be driven out simply because they are Christian, I think you're wrong and I need to see some evidence.

If you mean that Israeli policies made things difficult for Palestinians including the Christians, I guess I agree, but what you said was misleading.

If you mean that Israel has targeted Christians to be driven out simply because they are Christian, I think you're wrong and I need to see some evidence.

If you mean that Israeli policies made things difficult for Palestinians including the Christians, I guess I agree, but what you said was misleading.

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000. Almost 20 percent of the total population at the time, they constituted a vibrant and ancient community; their forbears had listened to St. Peter in Jerusalem as he preached at the first Pentecost. Yet Zionist doctrine held that Palestine was “a land without a people for a people without a land.” Of the 750,000 Palestinians that were forced from their homes in 1948, some 50,000 were Christians—7 percent of the total number of refugees and 35 percent of the total number of Christians living in Palestine at the time.

In the process of “Judaizing” Palestine, numerous convents, hospices, seminaries, and churches were either destroyed or cleared of their Christian owners and custodians. In one of the most spectacular attacks on a Christian target, on May 17, 1948, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate was shelled with about 100 mortar rounds—launched by Zionist forces from the already occupied monastery of the Benedictine Fathers on Mount Zion. The bombardment also damaged St. Jacob’s Convent, the Archangel’s Convent, and their appended churches, their two elementary and seminary schools, as well as their libraries, killing eight people and wounding 120.

The American Conservative -- Forgotten Christians

Can you provide an archaeological record of any Palestinian civilization in Israel? No, I didn't think so. :lol:

What in the world does that have to do with what I said?

So, no archaeological record of any Palestiniain civilization in Israel? :lol:

Jews have lived in and ruled in Israel dating back 3000 years verified by the archaeological record.

First rule of property law: First in time, first in right.

Palestinians must go back to Arabia where they came from.:clap2:

At the time of the creation of the Israeli state in 1948, it is estimated that the Christians of Palestine numbered some 350,000.

Reverend Malcolm Hedding, Executive Director, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem: Why Christians Are Indebted to Israel.
Over the years more and more evangelicals have continued to come to Israel, even during times of violence. This has had a profound impact on the Jewish people. Malcolm says the Embassy has been a forerunner in gaining a presence in Israel.

Malcolm says one of the most significant developments in Israel has been the formation of the Christian Allies Caucus in the Knesset, the Israeli parliament, which has provided a way for Christians to relate to the Parliament and the Jewish nation at the highest level. Having lived in Israel for so long, Malcolm says the ICEJ has been given a view of events from the grassroots level. "Being in the land and on the spot has given us a view that is special," he says. "We have been here."

Christians continue to come from all over the world, and that has made a significant impact as well. "The impact is incredible," he says. When others weren’t coming, the Church came, and that causes the Jews to ask, "Why?" Malcolm says they are constantly approached by Hebrew academics and politicians and asked why they stay and why Christians come. This gives Malcolm and others the opportunity to explain that the restoration of Israel is not just a political event, but evidence of God’s Word fulfilled. It is evidence of the truthfulness of God’s Word. This is a catalyst for them to look at their own Scriptures and search for the truth.

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the ICJE, and 5,000 Christians are expected to attend their Feast of Tabernacles celebration. The Feast of Tabernacles (September 27 – October 5) is the biggest tourist event in Israel and is famous for attracting large numbers of Christian evangelicals. Pat Robertson is one of the featured speakers for this year's event.

Malcolm Hedding: Why Christians are Indebted to Israel

Last edited:

Jews have lived in and ruled in Israel dating back 3000 years verified by the archaeological record.

Are you posting in the wrong thread? I think we're having this conversation in two other threads. Let's keep this one on topic.

Are you posting in the wrong thread? I think we're having this conversation in two other threads. Let's keep this one on topic.

Maybe, instead of posting in chat rooms, you should begin excavating in Israel and try to discover an ancient Palestinian civilization in Israel. :lol:

It's a discussion board, not a chat room. We're supposed to have discussions. To make things easier, these discussions are divided into topics. Maybe you should try to stick to it.

Incidentally, there are no discussions if you just keep wailing away against strawmen. I never said there was an ancient Palestinian civilization (nor that the Palestinian Arabs come from this hypothetical civilization).

Now, on the original post/topic, what are your thoughts?

It's a discussion board, not a chat room. We're supposed to have discussions. To make things easier, these discussions are divided into topics. Maybe you should try to stick to it.

Incidentally, there are no discussions if you just keep wailing away against strawmen. I never said there was an ancient Palestinian civilization (nor that the Palestinian Arabs come from this hypothetical civilization).

Now, on the original post/topic, what are your thoughts?

Keep us posted on your archaeological dig to try to discover a Palestinian civilization in Israel, ok?

Why would I look for something I don't believe exists?

Now, about that original post?

Palestinian officials are rolling out the welcome mat for Jews to come to a new Palestinian state.

Trying to tamp down a controversy over whether a Palestinian state would be Jew-free, Mahmoud Habbash, the Palestinian minister of religious affairs, said a future state would be open to people of all religions, including Jews.

“The future Palestinian state will be open to all its citizens, regardless of their religion,” Habbash said, according to USA Today. “We want a civil state, which in it live all the faiths, Muslim, Christian and Jews also if they agree, (and) accept to be Palestinian citizens.”

Palestinian officials: Jews welcome - Josh Gerstein and MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back