Palestinian Boy throwing rocks~all the pictures and how I/you feel about them

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
So, I was sitting here thinking about all the pictures we see in the press about some lone (or maybe not) Palestinian boy throwing a rock at say IDF forces or even said forces in a tank. This isn't the one that I had in mind, but it will work for now:

db743-rock-vs-tank.jpg

So this image is intended to invoke an emotional response from you; one that I suppose is to make you feel like here is a last act of defiance from the poor oppressed. Makes for good pictures, great propaganda. On that note, 'Google' "palestinian boy throwing a rock" and I found a couple few good Palywoods.

On the other hand, I am reminded of an old story of a child who threw a rock at a much larger adversary covered in armor long ago. That story is written in a book that many may call a collection of fables, or myths, but that boy brought down his larger armored adversary with the one stone and then chopped his head off in front of the whole army of the Palestinians, er I mean Philistines. It is said that this child was helped and blessed by a higher power.

Maybe the Palestinians should realize that maybe it is just not in the cards for them and to quit their violence (i.e. rocket fire) and accept the quickest and most profitable two state solution that acknowledges Israel to exist and then to have their own state as well.

Because there are two things to think of. If that young boy's rock in that old book had never hit it's mark; well we wouldn't even be having this conversation, let alone this discussion, nor this section of this site, etc.

And the other thing is this:

Stone+throwing+is+violence.jpg

Let's see what your thought are now . . . . .

Last edited:
[MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION], nice pictures and thank you. Your question about, "Is that MikeK over there?" Well we will never know for sure because of the mask.

p.s. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Daniyel again"

So, I was sitting here thinking about all the pictures we see in the press about some lone (or maybe not) Palestinian boy throwing a rock at say IDF forces or even said forces in a tank. This isn't the one that I had in mind, but it will work for now:

db743-rock-vs-tank.jpg

So this image is intended to invoke an emotional response from you; one that I suppose is to make you feel like here is a last act of defiance from the poor oppressed. Makes for good pictures, great propaganda. On that note, 'Google' "palestinian boy throwing a rock" and I found a couple few good Palywoods.

On the other hand, I am reminded of an old story of a child who threw a rock at a much larger adversary covered in armor long ago. That story is written in a book that many may call a collection of fables, or myths, but that boy brought down his larger armored adversary with the one stone and then chopped his head off in front of the whole army of the Palestinians, er I mean Philistines. It is said that this child was helped and blessed by a higher power.

Maybe the Palestinians should realize that maybe it is just not in the cards for them and to quit their violence (i.e. rocket fire) and accept the quickest and most profitable two state solution that acknowledges Israel to exist and then to have their own state as well.

Because there are two things to think of. If that young boy's rock in that old book had never hit it's mark; well we wouldn't even be having this conversation, let alone this discussion, nor this section of this site, etc.

Violence or defense?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmemsBdd_c]Everlast | The Stone In My Hand | Official Music Video | Rock Music Videos | - YouTube[/ame]

db743-rock-vs-tank.jpg

Violence or defense?
Oh, defense, naturally. Offense would require a bigger rock, Dumas.

db743-rock-vs-tank.jpg

Violence or defense?

Defence against what, food, water, power, medicines, shelter. all the things Israel give the Palestinians every single day. It is violence in every civilised nation and in every civilised nation it carries a severe penalty. In the UK it can carry life in prison if the intent was to kill or seriously injure a person.

So you were saying tinny, what is the difference between a grenade and a stone at the end of the day. They both get the same response a bullet between the eyes

Well, they do throw rocks whether the cameras are there or not! ;)
For a second I thought you said "realize that it is just not in the cards for them to quit their violence."

That would have been more accurate and reasonable thing to say.
Because they are not able to quit their struggle. To do so would be tantamount to national suicide.

But then, teddyearp, that is not something you'd say, is it?

And the fact is, just as sure as Mahatma Ghandi, it IS working. Its an effective strategy.

AND I do believe most Palestinians are quite prepared to agree to a feasible two state solution, but the caveat is .... it can't be a bantustan.

The Palestinian leadership are Islamist radicals who don't care what most Palestinians think. In fact they don't care about their people, period. Just like Arafat, they want to keep the conflict going, get more Palestinians and Israelis killed, and in exchange get more money and weapons for doing so.

If there is no "struggle" then the money stops and now the Palestinians have to figure out how to be positive members of the world community. Not that their Arab / Muslim brethren are any good at it.

You are showing your ignorance by your extremist statements, Roudy. i don't really need to respond.

2104094053.jpg

960x540.jpg

israel-2-156657837.jpg

palestinian-youths-stones-mosque.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yallah, ya shabab!

Love these photos. Love these people.

May have them enlarged and turned into posters.

Last edited:
What part don't you get?

They know they may die. They will resist to the last ounce of strength.

There is scarcely a Palestinian alive who doesn't believe, based on knowledge of Israel's actions and statements, that Israel's intentions toward them are genocidal.

So they have nothing to lose.

2104094053.jpg

960x540.jpg

israel-2-156657837.jpg

palestinian-youths-stones-mosque.jpg
[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
What part don't you get?

They know they may die. They will resist to the last ounce of strength.

There is scarcely a Palestinian alive who doesn't believe, based on knowledge of Israel's actions and statements, that Israel's intentions toward them are genocidal.

So they have nothing to lose.
I've said it before about the picture of the kid throwing rock against a tank(you can find those anywhere)
1. Its not effective.
2. Its stupid as the only one who can get hurt is you.

Encouraging 'Shabab' to throw rocks that can kill if you are not aware of that usually result in this:

Israel negotiations with Jordan - PEACE
Israel negotiations with Egypt - PEACE
Israel affairs with Buddoiun - PEACE
Israel affairs with Arab Christians - PEACE
Israel affairs Curcians - PEACE
So since your sick mentality of putting kids at risk I hope you will pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Palestinian leadership are Islamist radicals who don't care what most Palestinians think. In fact they don't care about their people, period. Just like Arafat, they want to keep the conflict going, get more Palestinians and Israelis killed, and in exchange get more money and weapons for doing so.

If there is no "struggle" then the money stops and now the Palestinians have to figure out how to be positive members of the world community. Not that their Arab / Muslim brethren are any good at it.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. And this is at the heart of these 'heart wrenching' pictures of children throwing rocks. While they have the children off throwing rocks, the adults are building and launching rockets.

Tinmore, I seriously don't know what planet you live on. But last time I checked here on Earth and in reality, if some one starts throwing rocks at me, I consider that an act of violence. In fact, the last time I drove through an Indian reservation here in the states, I do not recall any of the Native Americans throwing rocks at me.

And along those lines of an analogy between the Native Americans in the States, and the State of Israel and the Palestinians, Israel is or at has at the very least, offered a whole lot more to the Palestinians than the Indians got here in the States. But if they want to keep it up, well, they may be lucky to have that equivalent.

Last edited:
did no one teach them not to tug on the lions tail??
rock throwers are forcing a reaction, inciting violence, risking their own destruction.

Palestinians might be involved in a rock fight, but they really expect Israelis to use rocks to fight back? Israel is armed with guns, they don't need rocks.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. And this is at the heart of these 'heart wrenching' pictures of children throwing rocks. While they ahve the children off throwing rocks, the adults are building and launching rockets.

Tinmore, I seriously don't know what planet you live on. But last time I checked here on Earth and in reality, if some one starts throwing rocks at me, I consider that an act of violence. In fact, the last time I drove through an Indian reservation here in the states, I do not recall any of the Native Americans throwing rocks at me.

And along those lines of an analogy between the Native Americans in the States, and the State of Israel and the Palestinians, Israel is or at has offered a whole lot more to the Palestinians than the Indians got here in the States. But if they want to keep it up, well, they may be lucky to have that equivalent.

But last time I checked here on Earth and in reality, if some one starts throwing rocks at me, I consider that an act of violence.

You are taking the act out of context.

If you are walking down the street and someone threw rocks at you, that would be an assault.

If you break into someone's house and they throw rocks at you, it is not.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. And this is at the heart of these 'heart wrenching' pictures of children throwing rocks. While they ahve the children off throwing rocks, the adults are building and launching rockets.

And along those lines of an analogy between the Native Americans in the States, and the State of Israel and the Palestinians, Israel is or at has offered a whole lot more to the Palestinians than the Indians got here in the States. But if they want to keep it up, well, they may be lucky to have that equivalent.

But last time I checked here on Earth and in reality, if some one starts throwing rocks at me, I consider that an act of violence.

You are taking the act out of context.

If you are walking down the street and someone threw rocks at you, that would be an assault.

If you break into someone's house and they throw rocks at you, it is not.

No one's house was broken into. Yet continuing failures on your part to further a coherent argument.

Forum List

Back