Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Palestine Today
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: You asked: Who had the authority to partition of Palestine? I answered.

I assumed you were talking about the recommendation listed for a two-state outcome in the UN Special Commission on Palestine submission [
essentially A/RES/181 (II)].

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: You simply don't pay attention. The question was asked and answered.
DPI2499 Chapter 2 • The Question of Palestine and the United Nations said:
At its second regular session, after an intense two-month-long debate, the General Assembly, on 29 November 1947, adopted resolution 181 (II), approving with minor changes the Plan of Partition with Economic Union as proposed by the majority in the Special Committee on Palestine. The partition plan, a detailed four-part document attached to the resolution, provided for the termination of the Mandate, the progressive withdrawal of British armed forces and the delineation of boundaries between the two States and Jerusalem. The plan included:

DPI2499 Chapter 2 • The Question of Palestine and the United Nations said:
※ The creation of the Arab and Jewish States, not later than 1 October 1948;
※ Division of Palestine into eight parts: three were allotted to the Arab State and three to the Jewish State, with the town of Jaffa forming an Arab enclave within Jewish territory, and
※ An international regime for Jerusalem, the eighth division, to be administered by the United Nations Trusteeship Council.

See: The Blue Book: Page 7, of The Question of Palestine and the United Nations
You shovel that same Israeli shit all of the time. It is not true.

Who had the authority to partition of Palestine?
(COMMENT)

The National Council for the Jewish State made application to the UN Palestine Commission (UNPC) for recognition as a provisional government. And with the coordination with the UNPC (acting on behalf of the UN) National Council established the independence of the Jewish State as it's own sovereign nation → to be know as the State of Israel.

I'm sure one of the Israeli Citizens could make it much plainer. But those are the salient points.
index.png

286879-b262c7eacfc12a37ab1e2af925dc5324.jpg

Most Respectfully,
R
You are dancing around my post.
(COMMENT)

You just don't like the answer because it makes the political actions of the Arab Palestinians look inept. And you cannot speak on the issues. You can only make an unproductive response.

There is no dancing unless it is on your part.

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
OK, I knew all that but that was not my question.

310320_ash_00_71.jpg

Workers for the United Nations agency UNRWA in Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip, prepare food rations to be delivered to the homes of Palestinian refugee families on 31 March, in an effort to avoid people congregating at distribution centers, as a measure to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19 in the densely populated territory. Ashraf Amra APA images

On Tuesday evening, Israeli forces confiscated food parcels that were due to be distributed to quarantined families in Sur Baher, a village south of Jerusalem:

According to Palestinian media, occupation forces raided a school where the parcels were being prepared, detained four members of the local emergency committee and seized 300 food packages.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Again, asked and answered. Those powers that control of the future of these territories being settled or to be settled by the parties concerned.

ARTICLE 16 • Treaty of Peace with Turkey Signed at Lausanne, July 24, 1923
Turkey hereby renounces all rights and title whatsoever over or respecting the territories situated outside the frontiers laid down in the present Treaty and the islands other than those over which her sovereignty is recognised by the said Treaty, the future of these territories and islands being settled or to be settled by the parties concerned.
The provisions of the present Article do not prejudice any special arrangements arising from neighbourly relations which have been or may be concluded between Turkey and any limitrophe countries.

What was my question?

1585761987222.png

(COMMENT)

The Allied Powers. But the Allied Powers did not actually partition anything. The recommended that the Jewish Community establish a self-governing institution in accords with their "recommendation." It was the same recommendation that the Arab Palestinians rejected.

See:
Posting #15308
index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

US Senator Bernie Sanders on Sunday highlighted the catastrophic threat of the COVID-19 pandemic to the Gaza Strip.

“Palestinians in Gaza already faced hardship under a blockade. Now they’re dealing with the coronavirus,” the Democratic presidential contender tweeted.

His tweet included a link to a statement from the Israeli human rights group Gisha, which reiterates Israel’s responsibility for the health of the two million people blockaded in the Gaza Strip.

Sanders is one of eight senators who signed a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last week urging the Trump administration to restore US humanitarian aid to Palestinians.

It was initiated by senators Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland.

The lawmakers request that Pompeo explain by 3 April what the administration is doing “to help provide the Palestinian people with access to adequate medicine, medical equipment, personnel and other resources to combat the threat of a major coronavirus health crisis.”

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Again, asked and answered. Those powers that control of the future of these territories being settled or to be settled by the parties concerned.

Turkey hereby renounces all rights and title whatsoever over or respecting the territories situated outside the frontiers laid down in the present Treaty and the islands other than those over which her sovereignty is recognised by the said Treaty, the future of these territories and islands being settled or to be settled by the parties concerned.
The provisions of the present Article do not prejudice any special arrangements arising from neighbourly relations which have been or may be concluded between Turkey and any limitrophe countries.

What was my question?

(COMMENT)

The Allied Powers. But the Allied Powers did not actually partition anything. The recommended that the Jewish Community establish a self-governing institution in accords with their "recommendation." It was the same recommendation that the Arab Palestinians rejected.

See:
Posting #15308
index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
It is universally and legally accepted that sovereignty in the mandatory territories lie in the inhabitants of the territory in question (Article 22 of the Covenant of The League of Nations).

The allied powers never acquired sovereignty over the territories. They had no legitimate say over what happened in Palestine.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

What was my question?

View attachment 317946

(COMMENT)

See: Posting #15308
index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
It is universally and legally accepted that sovereignty in the mandatory territories lie in the inhabitants of the territory in question (Article 22 of the Covenant of The League of Nations).

The allied powers never acquired sovereignty over the territories. They had no legitimate say over what happened in Palestine.

And you don't see the self-contradiction?

• On the one hand it's the Allied Powers created 'Palestine' as a separate territory unit - on which you base your whole political narrative for independent sovereignty.

• Yet on the other hand, and in the same breath, you reject Allied Powers as the authority to 'Partition of Palestine' which made it an independent territorial unit in the first place.

All that is a desperate attempt to hold the stick by both ends - an internal contradiction,
which makes no sense whatsoever.

Q. So which one is it, rejection of territory partition, or independent sovereignty?

Last edited:
310320_ash_00_71.jpg

Workers for the United Nations agency UNRWA in Deir al-Balah, Gaza Strip, prepare food rations to be delivered to the homes of Palestinian refugee families on 31 March, in an effort to avoid people congregating at distribution centers, as a measure to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19 in the densely populated territory. Ashraf Amra APA images

On Tuesday evening, Israeli forces confiscated food parcels that were due to be distributed to quarantined families in Sur Baher, a village south of Jerusalem:

According to Palestinian media, occupation forces raided a school where the parcels were being prepared, detained four members of the local emergency committee and seized 300 food packages.

Blatant lies...
What's next the bloody Matzos blood libel?

Last edited:
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Article 22 of the Treaty of Versailles • June 28, 1919
(AKA: Covenant of the League of Nations) was NOT enforced after 1939. You cannot use that as a binding Covenant on any member of the Allied Powers.

(COMMENT)

Once the Mandate terminated, only the Trusteeship (Article 77, UN Charter) applied.

All the same Allied Powers that signed the 1919 League Covenant withdrew between 1933 and 1939. The Covenant was not binging on any Allied Power at the outbreak of War. However, the Treaty of Lausanne still had some influence over the High Contracting Parties.

1585784974603.png
Article 22 is not applicable for the purposes your attempting to use for here. You can just toss that out the window. By the time the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) was created (1947) any recommendation they made was within international law and the Mandate for Palestine.

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, rylah, et al,

BLUF: I knew that if I wrote it enough, I would make a mistake.

Q. So which one is it, rejection of territory partition, or independent sovereignty?
(COMMENT)

The Allied Powers had the opportunity to establish sovereignty and deliberately chose NOT TO. Independence was a matter of Self-Determination on the part of the pro-Arab State and the pro-Jewish State entities. They did not acquire sovereignty. BUT, they did maintain effective control.

◈ The "rejection of territory partition" belongs in the Arab Palestinian basket.​
◈ The "independent sovereignty" belongs in the Jewish Council basket.​
◈ By 1945 the UN Trustee System held the Title and Rights by treaty. This belongs to the Allied Powers Basket.​

The "recommendation" for the territorial partition was not an edict. BUT, the Jewish Community chose to exercise the Right of Self-Determination. The UN DID NOT make a partition. By the time the Israel State was established, the Arab League crossed the frontier effectively ending the planned way in which to implement self-governance.

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

What was my question?

View attachment 317946

(COMMENT)

See: Posting #15308
index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

And you don't see the self-contradiction?

• On the one hand it's the Allied Powers created 'Palestine' as a separate territory unit - on which you base your whole political narrative for independent sovereignty.

• Yet on the other hand, and in the same breath, you reject Allied Powers as the authority to 'Partition of Palestine' which made it an independent territorial unit in the first place.

All that is a desperate attempt to hold the stick by both ends - an internal contradiction,
which makes no sense whatsoever.

Do try to keep up.

(COMMENT)

The Allied Powers had the opportunity to establish sovereignty and deliberately chose NOT TO. Independence was a matter of Self-Determination on the part of the pro-Arab State and the pro-Jewish State entities. They did not acquire sovereignty. BUT, they did maintain effective control.

◈ The "rejection of territory partition" belongs in the Arab Palestinian basket.​
◈ By 1945 the UN Trustee System held the Title and Rights by treaty. This belongs to the Allied Powers Basket.​

The "recommendation" for the territorial partition was not an edict. BUT, the Jewish Community chose to exercise the Right of Self-Determination. The UN DID NOT make a partition. By the time the Israel State was established, the Arab League crossed the frontier effectively ending the planned way in which to implement self-governance.

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
the Jewish Community chose to exercise the Right of Self-Determination.
Unsubstantiated Israeli talking point.

Do you have a link for that?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,
(CLARIFY)

I answered the question you asked.

WHAT is it you want?

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
What was my question?

Just stop it Tinmore. He CLEARLY answered your question and you know it. You're acting extremely childish...
So, what was the question?

Nice duck. If you don't know what your own question was, you really need to reconsider posting in a political message forum....

(COMMENT)

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Is that all you got Tinmore? "Israeli talking point" ?

Why don't you, for once, post a proper rebuttal... If you can...

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,
(CLARIFY)

I answered the question you asked.

WHAT is it you want?

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R
What was my question?

Just stop it Tinmore. He CLEARLY answered your question and you know it. You're acting extremely childish...
So, what was the question?

Nice duck. If you don't know what your own question was, you really need to reconsider posting in a political message forum....
I know what it was.

You don't.

(COMMENT)

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Is that all you got Tinmore? "Israeli talking point" ?

Why don't you, for once, post a proper rebuttal... If you can...
He makes a claim he can't back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back