Palestine: the things you don’t hear about

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Zakaria" trend

It seems that Israeli comedian Tal Friedman is not alone in recognizing the comedic potential in calling for Zakaria, following the latter's escape from Gilboa Prison along with five other Palestinian prisoners belonging to the Islamic Jihad.

"Zakaria" chants are flooding social media, mainly as a joke but also glorifying him in the process (at the expense of the other Islamic Jihad operatives who also managed to escape).

In this context, Fatah supporters are mocking Hamas supporters on social media, highlighting that no "representative" of Hamas took part in the prison escape even though Hamas sees itself as the leader of the "Palestinian resistance".

Here are some examples:

Last edited:
Hard feelings on the Palestinian street

I think I have never encountered in the Palestinian social networks so much sadness and frustration expressed so publicly than after the capture of the escaped prisoners.

Networks have a sense of national mourning. no less. The Palestinian feelings of happiness and national joy that skyrocketed with the news of the escape of the prisoners suddenly crashed with the report of the capture of the prisoners.

It was a difficult emotional roller coaster that encompassed all levels of the Palestinian population. The Palestinian networks usually know how to "hold a fashion" and maintain high morale in almost every situation. This time it is completely different.

Something is broken. Here's a video of a Gazan social media activist in which he tells in tears, after capturing the first pair of prisoners, how broken his heart is and how much Gaza is saddened by the detention of the prisoners. And that's before capturing the other pair. I do not remember such videos from the past. The "fashion" went.

P.S.There's already a rumor on Arab social media,
an identity of a specific family is revealed as 'collaborators'...

Last edited:
RE: Palestine: the things you don’t hear about
SUBTOPIC: Propaganda
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

You need to update your propaganda.
(COMMENT)

Oh, give us a break!
Bridge for Peace News Service said:

Palestinian Leaders Call for Suicide Bombings and Stabbings to “Restore Honor”

June 12, 2020 by: Nan Jacques Zilberdik and Itamar Marcus

SOURCE: (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs originally published this article on June 8, 2020. Time-related language has been modified to reflect our republication today. See original article at this link.)
MEMRI said:

Palestinian Activist Yaser Mazhar Calls on Palestinians to Carry out Suicide Bombings in Israel: We Long for Bus Bombings​

Source: Al-Quds Al-Youm TV (Palestine - Islamic Jihad)
SOURCE: MEMRI TV News Outlet Mar 05, 2020
Just what is your point here? It cannot be about the intent in the Call to Violence.

Q1: EXACTLY, what is it our friend "rylah" might need to update?​
Q2: Is it propaganda if it is the truth?​

I hope you can see that these calls to violence are in violation of Human Rights Law:

1. Any propaganda for war shall be prohibited by law.​
2. Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.​

I admit, this breach of Human Rights Law is (appearing as) supported indirectly by the International Criminal Courts (ICC) in their pursuit to prosecute Israel on the matter of self defense. But then, who said the ICC had clean hands?
SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

I admit, this breach of Human Rights Law is (appearing as) supported indirectly by the International Criminal Courts (ICC) in their pursuit to prosecute Israel on the matter of self defense.
Indeed, self defense is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back