Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
These are the real heros...extraordinary yet ordinary people.

Who's the real martyr? The coward attacking a school full of little kids, or the teenager attempting to stop him?

I think we know, I think God/Allah knows, and I think the world knows. Whether it's a young girl (one of many) shot by extremists for daring to insist on an edjucation or a 15 yr old attempting to stop a suicide bomber.

Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School : The Two-Way : NPR

A teenager who was killed after reportedly stopping a suicide bomber at a school in northwest Pakistan is being hailed as a hero.

Aitizaz Hasan, 15, was late for school on Monday and as a punishment wasn't allowed to attend assembly, the newspaper said.

Hasan and two schoolmates were standing outside the Government High School Ibrahimzai in Hangu, a town in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, when they saw a man approach. One of Hasan's friends spotted a detonator on the man; the schoolmates ran inside. But, as the newspaper wrote, "Aitizaz stood his ground and got hold of the bomber, who then detonated his vest."

"I had never thought that my brother would die such a great death," Hasan's older brother, Mujtaba Hasan, told the newspaper. "He sacrificed his life to save humanity."

Hasan's father, Mujahid Ali, said: "My son made his mother cry but saved hundreds of mothers from crying for their children."

There were 2,000 students at the school at the time of the attack, responsibility for which was claimed by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.

2000 kids.

Principal Lal Baz told the newspaper: "The attack targeted education, and I am surprised neither the federal nor the provincial government functionary has visited the family. Their silence is condemnable."

Pakistanis and others are paying their tributes to the teenager . Pakistan's media are also weighing in on Hasan's death.

"We don't need more [Aitizazes]. Not one or one million. What we need is to be worthy of the one we lost. What we need is for those who claim to lead us to show the courage that this boy did. Perhaps, that is too much to ask from those who roll out apologies and obfuscations with such unerring regularity, but stammer and shake when it comes to naming those responsible for mass murder."

These are the real heros...extraordinary yet ordinary people.

Who's the real martyr? The coward attacking a school full of little kids, or the teenager attempting to stop him?

I think we know, I think God/Allah knows, and I think the world knows. Whether it's a young girl (one of many) shot by extremists for daring to insist on an edjucation or a 15 yr old attempting to stop a suicide bomber.

Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School : The Two-Way : NPR

A teenager who was killed after reportedly stopping a suicide bomber at a school in northwest Pakistan is being hailed as a hero.

Aitizaz Hasan, 15, was late for school on Monday and as a punishment wasn't allowed to attend assembly, the newspaper said.

Hasan and two schoolmates were standing outside the Government High School Ibrahimzai in Hangu, a town in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, when they saw a man approach. One of Hasan's friends spotted a detonator on the man; the schoolmates ran inside. But, as the newspaper wrote, "Aitizaz stood his ground and got hold of the bomber, who then detonated his vest."

"I had never thought that my brother would die such a great death," Hasan's older brother, Mujtaba Hasan, told the newspaper. "He sacrificed his life to save humanity."

Hasan's father, Mujahid Ali, said: "My son made his mother cry but saved hundreds of mothers from crying for their children."

There were 2,000 students at the school at the time of the attack, responsibility for which was claimed by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.

2000 kids.

Principal Lal Baz told the newspaper: "The attack targeted education, and I am surprised neither the federal nor the provincial government functionary has visited the family. Their silence is condemnable."

Pakistanis and others are paying their tributes to the teenager . Pakistan's media are also weighing in on Hasan's death.

"We don't need more [Aitizazes]. Not one or one million. What we need is to be worthy of the one we lost. What we need is for those who claim to lead us to show the courage that this boy did. Perhaps, that is too much to ask from those who roll out apologies and obfuscations with such unerring regularity, but stammer and shake when it comes to naming those responsible for mass murder."

I was just reading about this young man. What a brave person he was, and my sympathy goes to his friends and relatives. The problem in Pakistan is that there are too many Sunni suicide and car bombers, as the Shia and Ahmaiyya still living in Pakistan and abroad can attest too. They are just not safe anymore living in their native country.

The problem in Pakistan is an incompetent corrupt government that has little control over it's territory and can't protect it's own people.

US drone killings of civilians do not help matters.

Perhaps you can tell us why the Sunnis in Pakistan, even before Drone strikes, were still killing the Shiites and Amahdiyya? Perhaps you can even tell us why in a country like England, the Sunnis living there are still saying to get those Amahdiyya? Why do the Amahdiyya say that the only place they feel safe is in America?

The drone strikes are why about 100 Christians were recently killed.

Why do we hate Christians so much?

Perhaps you can tell us why the Sunnis in Pakistan, even before Drone strikes, were still killing the Shiites and Amahdiyya? Perhaps you can even tell us why in a country like England, the Sunnis living there are still saying to get those Amahdiyya? Why do the Amahdiyya say that the only place they feel safe is in America?
Typical Silly-Sally .......^^ blah, blah, ...why?.. blah, blah, blah, ...why?....blah, blah ...why? ...blah, blah... :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

US drone killings of civilians do not help matters.

That might complicate things, but the real problems lie deeper - Pakistan can not control it's territory and protect it's citizens - it has to cut deals with tribal authorities and the militia groups in it's tribal areas which means that there is no law of the land that citizens can count on - terrorists can disappear into a region and there is not a darn thing the authorities can do, or maybe in some cases - are willing to do.

In an ideal world we'd have Sally and Sherri locked in a room together. There, Sally could put forth her theories on why poster x or y or z doesn't seem to care about what Muslims (only Muslims because no one else commits violence) are doing to a or b or c in the lands of O and Z. Meanwhile Sherri could find a way to bring in the Evil Zionist Babykillers possibly in concert with drone attacks (that would be a twofer) and line it up with pertinant though misguided biblical quotations. We would have a concession stand of course, and sell popcorn, lottery tickets and gummi-bears. For a modest fee, we could open the door briefly every 15 minutes and make it a spectator sport to an interested audience.

However, this is the real world. The topic is about terrorists and the intense bravery of real "martyrs" like a 15 yr old boy who gave up his life to save 2000 children, and an angry population who can't understand why their government is so incompetent and incapable.

In an ideal world we'd have Sally and Sherri locked in a room together. There, Sally could put forth her theories on why poster x or y or z doesn't seem to care about what Muslims (only Muslims because no one else commits violence) are doing to a or b or c in the lands of O and Z. Meanwhile Sherri could find a way to bring in the Evil Zionist Babykillers possibly in concert with drone attacks (that would be a twofer) and line it up with pertinant though misguided biblical quotations. We would have a concession stand of course, and sell popcorn, lottery tickets and gummi-bears. For a modest fee, we could open the door briefly every 15 minutes and make it a spectator sport to an interested audience.

However, this is the real world. The topic is about terrorists and the intense bravery of real "martyrs" like a 15 yr old boy who gave up his life to save 2000 children, and an angry population who can't understand why their government is so incompetent and incapable.

Whatever you say, Coyote, whatever you way. However, in the real, real world when a person does know people who moved to Pakistan, they worry about them being suicide or car bombed while they are out and about since this occurs an awful lot. No one is saying that this young boy wasn't brave, but it is a shame that people do have to blow themselves up to be "martyrs" while taking many innocent people with them.

Suicide car bomber kills 4 policemen in Karachi CCTV News - CNTV English

It's a shame that people like Sally can do little more than pay lip service to a heroic 15 yr old boy who died trying to save 2000 children from a terrorist and the only comments she can make are about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sally, why don't you tell us why the Pakistani government is incompetent that the local media is calling them into question? Why can't they protect their own people from these terrorist gangs?

Pakistan from hope to despair in 20134 January 2014

"While Pakistan is the most-affected state due to instability in Afghanistan it is in a no-win situation. The tribal cousins across the Durand Line border between Afghanistan and Pakistan, which Afghanistan does not recognise, cannot be contained. Western powers are unable to understand the tribal and familial compulsions of this cross-border connection. Pakistan will remain under pressure to bring the Afghan resistance to talk to the Karzai government or the Americans, which Pakistan is in no position to deliver. Peace in one country is not possible without peace in the other, and that remains Pakistan’s big challenge."

Pakistan from hope to despair in 2013 | East Asia Forum

Last edited:
It's a shame that people like Sally can do little more than pay lip service to a heroic 15 yr old boy who died trying to save 2000 children from a terrorist and the only comments she can make are about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sally, why don't you tell us why the Pakistani government is incompetent that the local media is calling them into question? Why can't they protect their own people from these terrorist gangs?

Have you bought your ticket yet to go to this brave boy's funeral? While you are there, you can give the Pakistani government some of your own ideas how to protect the innocent people from suicide and car bombers. By the way, how conveniently Coyote omits the fact that I do know people who moved to Paklistan, and I worry about them every time I read about another car or suicide bomber which is a frequent occurrence. Moreover, if that brave young man happened to be a Hindu and I posted an article about what he did, my post would have been moved over to the Asia forum since Pakistan is in Southeast Asia..

Pakistan from hope to despair in 20134 January 2014

"While Pakistan is the most-affected state due to instability in Afghanistan it is in a no-win situation. The tribal cousins across the Durand Line border between Afghanistan and Pakistan, which Afghanistan does not recognise, cannot be contained. Western powers are unable to understand the tribal and familial compulsions of this cross-border connection. Pakistan will remain under pressure to bring the Afghan resistance to talk to the Karzai government or the Americans, which Pakistan is in no position to deliver. Peace in one country is not possible without peace in the other, and that remains Pakistan’s big challenge."

Pakistan from hope to despair in 2013 | East Asia Forum

Thank you Sherri,

That is an excellent article and it answers all my questions...but it sure is dismal for Pakistan :(

The opposition allowed Sharif a decent honeymoon period — but the honeymoon is now over. With rising prices, unemployment, a general state of lawlessness, lack of basic services for the less privileged and dashed hopes, there are few people beginning the New Year with greater despair than Pakistanis.

Have you bought your ticket yet to go to this brave boy's funeral? While you are there, you can give the Pakistani government some of your own ideas how to protect the innocent people from suicide and car bombers. By the way, how conveniently Coyote omits the fact that I do know people who moved to Paklistan, and I worry about them every time I read about another car or suicide bomber which is a frequent occurrence. Moreover, if that brave young man happened to be a Hindu and I posted an article about what he did, my post would have been moved over to the Asia forum since Pakistan is in Southeast Asia..

I know students from Pakistan, and my mother has colleagues in Pakistan that I know as well. They didn't move there, they've always had to live there. There maybe others here who have Pakistani friends as well. It doesn't matter if the boy is Hindu, Muslim or Christian as far as I am concerned. It shouldn't.

Since you know someone in Pakistan, you can shed some insight with us, rather than talking about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sherri posted a good article about the state of government there.

It certainly doesn't bode well to young girls who want to get an education or teenaged boys who die preventing terrorism that their government is incapable of stopping.

PS - lets cut the third person shit, it just sounds retarded.

I know students from Pakistan, and my mother has colleagues in Pakistan that I know as well. They didn't move there, they've always had to live there. There maybe others here who have Pakistani friends as well. It doesn't matter if the boy is Hindu, Muslim or Christian as far as I am concerned. It shouldn't.

Since you know someone in Pakistan, you can shed some insight with us, rather than talking about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sherri posted a good article about the state of government there.

It certainly doesn't bode well to young girls who want to get an education or teenaged boys who die preventing terrorism that their government is incapable of stopping.

PS - lets cut the third person shit, it just sounds retarded.

You don't think perhaps a family would move back to Pakistan if they had family there and wanted to be with them and also had ideas of starting a specific business there? I am sure there are plenty of Pakistanis living here in the U.S. who wanted to get away from there, just as there are Pakistanis moving to Australia because they are tired of the car and suicide bombings against their sect. By the way, why are you so interested in what is happening in Pakistan since this is the Middle East forum? I could have posted loads of stories from Pakistan, but I haven't done so, have I? If you are going to bring up young girls who want to get an education, why not also bring up the young Christian and Hindu girls who are being kidnapped, raped and forced into Islam. Don't these young girls count too?

Forum List

Back