Pakistan’s Persecuted Christians

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/24/opinion/pakistans-persecuted-christians.html?_r=0

"Times have changed. Today, Forman is an island of tranquillity for Christians in a troubled sea. With increasing frequency, Christians have been attacked and their churches vandalized."

---------------

No surprise there, is there a muslim majority country on earth that has a strong record of tolerance for minorities in it? Where are the rabid anti-israel forum posters who attack that country for every perceived slight with regards to this horrific treatment of christians?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/24/opinion/pakistans-persecuted-christians.html?_r=0

"Times have changed. Today, Forman is an island of tranquillity for Christians in a troubled sea. With increasing frequency, Christians have been attacked and their churches vandalized."

---------------

No surprise there, is there a muslim majority country on earth that has a strong record of tolerance for minorities in it? Where are the rabid anti-israel forum posters who attack that country for every perceived slight with regards to this horrific treatment of christians?

Speaking of Pakistan, I wonder if Mrs. Sherri and others like her give a thought to the Christian woman who has spent many Christmases in jail because of her alleged blasphemy.

Pakistani Mother Faces Fifth Christmas on Death Row | CNS News

Is paying respects to Christmas un-Islamic? | The Jakarta Post

build on what people share in common and accept what is different

I'm sure, Aris, that most people in Indonesia live in peace with each other, no matter the religion. However, there are those Muslims in Indonesia who not only have a problem with the Christians and their churches, but they also have a problem with other Muslims, such as the minority Shia and Ahmadiyya. It's a shame that during the Christmas season people couldn't put aside their differences.

INDONESIA For Indonesian Ulema, Christmas and New Year are "haram" and should not be celebrated - Asia News

I'm sure, Aris, that most people in Indonesia live in peace with each other, no matter the religion. However, there are those Muslims in Indonesia who not only have a problem with the Christians and their churches, but they also have a problem with other Muslims, such as the minority Shia and Ahmadiyya. It's a shame that during the Christmas season people couldn't put aside their differences.

INDONESIA For Indonesian Ulema, Christmas and New Year are "haram" and should not be celebrated - Asia News

Not just Muslims having a problem with Christians in Indonesia. Buddhist Nationalism Fuels Attacks on Christians in Sri Lanka

But hey, it's Buddhists so it's ok ;)

Not just Muslims having a problem with Christians in Indonesia. Buddhist Nationalism Fuels Attacks on Christians in Sri Lanka

Why, Coyote, we know that the Buddhists act up now and then, but are they in several locations murdering people because of their religion. I haven't read about any Buddhists killing Christians on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If you have, could you show us some articles regarding this?

Why, Coyote, we know that the Buddhists act up now and then, but are they in several locations murdering people because of their religion. I haven't read about any Buddhists killing Christians on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If you have, could you show us some articles regarding this?

Ahhh...ok...I understand - you need to move the goal posts. So, when Buddhists kill (which is ok in your book anyhow) - it only counts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Gottit :)

Ahhh...ok...I understand - you need to move the goal posts. So, when Buddhists kill (which is ok in your book anyhow) - it only counts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Gottit :)

And I think many of the readers understand you quite well. During the Christmas season many innocent Christians have been murdered in the Middle East by Muslims. They certainly have not been murdered by Buddhists. If you can show us that the Buddhists were busy killing Christians in the Middle East during Christmas, go for it. By the way, you can stick with your harping about the Buddhists if this is what you want to do, and others of us can be aware of what is also happening in other places in Southeast Asia as well as Africa when it comes to the Christians being harassed and murdered by Muslims. In fact, doesn't it disturb you that in Sunni majority places in Southeast Asia, even the Shia and Ahmadiyya Muslims are not safe?

There are---in the USA approximately equal populations of Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists-------an interesting circumstance. When I was a kid-----the shifting
demographics in my town led to a similarly interesting situation in my high school
---(one highschool for the whole town----about 600 kids in each grade level) As it
turned out-----there came to be a 1/3 1/3 1/3 distribution of ----protestants ,
catholics and jews The situation made comparative social attitudes
something interesting------at that school----"HISTORY CLASS" was more
like "social studies"----with lots of class discussion

as to issues of violence -----the organization to ask regarding "comparative
violence"-----are the homeland security people. Sometime ago ---I was active
in the volunteer program-----with LOTS OF LECTURES -----I never heard anything
about HINDU OR BUDDHIST violence in the USA ------at all. not a word

In my time with GUN SHOT WOUND TO THE HEAD-----I never noted a single
buddhist or hindu shooter. HOWEVER---I do not live in california----which has
the largest population of Buddhists. I do live in a city with very significant
populations of hindus and muslims. I do not recall a single hindu shooter

There are---in the USA approximately equal populations of Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists-------an interesting circumstance. When I was a kid-----the shifting
demographics in my town led to a similarly interesting situation in my high school
---(one highschool for the whole town----about 600 kids in each grade level) As it

America is very different from Indonesia...just saying...

When I was growing up, I don't recall violent crime defined along religious lines at all. In fact, most of the time, even now, the religion of the person isn't mentioned unless there is a direct relationship. Indonesia's Bhuddists are also heavily influenced by nationalism which I would guess is leading to a lot of friction with it's ethnic/religious minorities.

And I think many of the readers understand you quite well. During the Christmas season many innocent Christians have been murdered in the Middle East by Muslims. They certainly have not been murdered by Buddhists. If you can show us that the Buddhists were busy killing Christians in the Middle East during Christmas, go for it. By the way, you can stick with your harping about the Buddhists if this is what you want to do, and others of us can be aware of what is also happening in other places in Southeast Asia as well as Africa when it comes to the Christians being harassed and murdered by Muslims. In fact, doesn't it disturb you that in Sunni majority places in Southeast Asia, even the Shia and Ahmadiyya Muslims are not safe?

Spin spin spin Salfly....just admit it - in your book, it's ok for Muslims to go on a killing spree and attack minority religions in their country - it doesn't really count ;)

Spin spin spin Salfly....just admit it - in your book, it's ok for Muslims to go on a killing spree and attack minority religions in their country - it doesn't really count ;)

Let's face it, Coyote and admit it. You are bringing up the Buddhists here to take the heat off of the Muslims who are busy killing in many places. Many Christians have been killed during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by Muslims in the Middle East, and you are dragging in the Buddhists again. What Christians have the Buddhists killed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Let's face it, Coyote and admit it.

Sounds like a plan to me :)

You are bringing up the Buddhists here to take the heat off of the Muslims who are busy killing in many places.

Just trying to figure out why it's ok for Bhuddists to kill Christians but not ok for Muslims to kill Christians....still waiting on that. It's quite a puzzle Salfly :)

Many Christians have been killed during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by Muslims in the Middle East, and you are dragging in the Buddhists again. What Christians have the Buddhists killed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Perhaps I'm just confused here Salfly, but why is it only problematic for you if Buddhists kill Christians around Christmas but not at other times of year? It seems to me as if you are treating Christian-killing in very contradictory ways.

America is very different from Indonesia...just saying...

When I was growing up, I don't recall violent crime defined along religious lines at all. In fact, most of the time, even now, the religion of the person isn't mentioned unless there is a direct relationship. Indonesia's Bhuddists are also heavily influenced by nationalism which I would guess is leading to a lot of friction with it's ethnic/religious minorities.

Depends on the demographics of WHERE YOU LIVED and what you actually
witnessed. The news now does not mention the religion of either the victims
or the shooters-----but persons like me-----who got to actually see both----
get to know more

an interesting factoid is that hospital charts include the religion of the
patient. ------it is important to the visiting and staff clergymen. Also--
some people make their religion obvious by dress or special requirements

In death----religion is often an issue------LAST RITES for catholics----was such a
big deal in the part time job I held as a student---(long ago) that I would
break out in a sweat if I could not find the PRIEST ON CALL --------kinda funny---
Most of the persons who held similar jobs in that hospital were christians---
some catholics------but somehow it was me and the other jew who would
HOLD OUR BREATHS pending "extreme unction" ------it seemed to both of
us SOOOO EXTREME

You are bringing up the Buddhists here to take the heat off of the Muslims who are busy killing in many places.

Just trying to figure out why it's ok for Bhuddists to kill Christians but not ok for Muslims to kill Christians....still waiting on that. It's quite a puzzle Salfly :)

Many Christians have been killed during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by Muslims in the Middle East, and you are dragging in the Buddhists again. What Christians have the Buddhists killed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Perhaps I'm just confused here Salfly, but why is it only problematic for you if Buddhists kill Christians around Christmas but not at other times of year? It seems to me as if you are treating Christian-killing in very contradictory ways.

I'm a little confused here too, Coyote, as to why you are even bringing up the Buddhists. I doubt that any of us think that the Buddhists kill en masse as you apparently want us to think. If you think they are murdering on the scale of the Muslims, you are of course free to tell us of all these incidents. Meanwhile, over a hundred million people have died in Syria alone, and I think right now that is actually the important topic on rational people's minds, not the Buddhists.

I'm a little confused here too, Coyote, as to why you are even bringing up the Buddhists. I doubt that any of us think that the Buddhists kill en masse as you apparently want us to think. If you think they are murdering on the scale of the Muslims, you are of course free to tell us of all these incidents. Meanwhile, over a hundred million people have died in Syria alone, and I think right now that is actually the important topic on rational people's minds, not the Buddhists.

I am intrigued ANYONE have any stats on numbers of christians murdered by
Buddhists in the past ten years? twenty years? or even past century?

as tp Sri Lanka----here is another of "rosie's stories" I did have one close friend
from -----well---not sri lanka------CEYLON He was christian.----I was very young.
I asked about his country-----well ----way back then no one made an issue of
TAMIL TIGERS -------I did ask about-----"conflicts"-------He told me everything
as ok---------except that sometimes "the barbarians cause trouble" I was clueless---
WHAT ARE THE "barbarians' ????? his answer-------'moslems who live out
in the jungle" but that was LONG AGO -------before the tamil/buddhist thing
became an issue of common knowledge.

with all my "stories" I have to admit----I have never met a christian from any
country who complained of violence from buddhists. I am not denying that it
exists -------but------has anyone here known such a person? I have known
tamils------who did have a thing on the Buddhists of Sri Lanka------at least they could
explain the situation------but they were all from INDIA I was naive to enough to
believe that TAMILS are peaceniks-------an idea I expressed to one such person----
who actually GIGGLED and shook his head

Ahhh...ok...I understand - you need to move the goal posts. So, when Buddhists kill (which is ok in your book anyhow) - it only counts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Gottit

Are you actually going to pretend and try and BS your way through here claiming that buddhists are in any way as violent as muslims? Are you actually fucking going to pull that nonsense? :eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Nice strawman, where did any poster claim it was acceptable?

Should I bury you and your nonsensical BS under a massive block of crushing facts, starting with the assyrians, chaldeans, copts, maronites, kurds, jews, orthodox christians, azeris, bahai, and so many other groups that are being violently, relentlessly attacked by muslims?

You come into my thread, you'd BEST know what the fuck you are talking about, and you, clearly do not.

Nice strawman, where did any poster claim it was acceptable?

Where has she condemned it? Searching....searching....searching....

ok, I give up - maybe you know :)

Should I bury you and your nonsensical BS under a massive block of crushing facts, starting with the assyrians, chaldeans, copts, maronites, kurds, jews, orthodox christians, azeris, bahai, and so many other groups that are being violently, relentlessly attacked by muslims?

oooo...lots of big words there.

You do realize, don't you, that through out historyvarious human groups and religions have been attacking and decimating each other? Tis human nature. May the followers of the God with the bigggest dick win.

Aside from that, is there any reason you can come up with as to why Sally refuses to condemn Buddhist atrocities on Muslims and Christians? Maybe it's just open season on Christians - kind of a holiday turkey take on events, with Christians being the Turkey and Muslims being the dressing for a Buddhist feast in certain parts of the world. Who knows...but for some odd reason, Sally seems A-ok with Buddhists slaughtering other folks - well, not quite - she gets pissy when it occurs around Christmas. :)

You come into my thread, you'd BEST know what the fuck you are talking about, and you, clearly do not.

Oh dear. I'm so crushed.

It should be obvious to all who post here----that if you do not
CONDEMN the HIV virus------YOU LOVE IT and supports its
PROSPERITY and its right to not be attacked by-----one "anti viral"
after the other.

If you do not CONDEMN the PAPILLOMA virus-----you love anal warts

Forum List

Back