Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Lets take our country back from these clowns today
Hanson sums things up nicely...enjoy
links in article at site

SNIP:

December 22nd, 2013 - 11:11 pm

Will Kane of High Noon Pajama Boy wasn’t. Somehow we as a nation went from the iconic Marlboro Man to Pajama Boy — from the noble individual with a bad habit to the ignoble without a good habit — without a blink in between.

There are lots of revolting things in the Pajama Boy ad. After all, how can you top all at once a nerdy-looking child-man dressed in infantile pajamas while cradling a cup of hot chocolate with the smug assurance that he is running your life more than you his?

The Liberal Body-Snatchers

Still, there are one or two even scarier thoughts.

One, did the Obama appendage, Organizing for Action, really believe that such a sad-sack image might galvanize anyone about anything? And two, did they really think that Pajama Boy would resonate with any young people outside of the New York-DC circus, as if to assume he would be persuasive: stay cool with retro geek glasses, pajamas, and hot chocolate like Pajama Boy, and then, presto, rush out to buy an Obamacare policy?

Out here in the rural middle of California — or most anywhere 30 miles inland from the coasts — Pajama Boy would last about two seconds pruning vines, or walking about the local Wal-Mart parking lot with his hot chocolate. Yet put him where his foot-padded pajamas bring dividends and for the last five years we all have lived out the consequences of his ilk’s ideological dreaming.

The great mystery of America today is how many of us have joined Pajama Boy nation — 20%, 40%, 60%? — and how many want nothing to do with such metrosexual visions of a huge state run by a nerdocracy, incompetently doling out other people’s money. How many were on board for Obamacare, more entitlements, and lectures from the apartheid elite on inequality and fairness, versus how many turn the channel at sound of His voice.

Sharpton Good — Duck Dynasty Not?

This past week the question of two Americas seems to be playing out even in the trivial psychodramas of bastardized popular culture. If Michelle Obama photo-ops and consults with Al Sharpton — of Crown Heights riot, Freddie’s Fashion Mart, and Tawana Brawley notoriety — is anything off-limits?

As I understand liberal popular culture as expressed in television and entertainment, David Letterman — cynical, dry, raised eyebrows at each ironic smirk — can pun on air that Sarah Palin’s 14-year-old daughter had sex with a baseball player in the dugout.Or Martin Bashir rails that Mrs. Palin should have excrement and urine inserted into her mouth, or Chris Rock suggests that the 4th of July is “White People’s Day,” or Jamie Foxx jokes about how fun it was to play a character killing white people. Fine, free speech is free speech. To each his own. Let the seller and buyer establish their own codes of speech. Live and let live and all that good stuff.

But, on the other hand, you must not, as a real-TV celebrity, dare to suggest off-camera that male sodomy is somehow less “normal” or perhaps less ”moral” or hygienic than is heterosexual intercourse. (The downside of sodomy in this Miley Cyrus age of anything goes rawness is oddly a taboo subject).

The White Trash Zoo

How bizarre that the Duck Dynasty characters and Pajama Boy reverberated the same week. I have never watched Duck Dynasty, and have only glanced at the expanding genre of white working class reality dramas, from tree cutters and gold miners to ice truckers and boat captains: Cussin’ good ol’ boys, who lose their temper when failing to start the generator, have big arms and bigger guts, and are to remind us (within limits) that once upon a time we all used to be more like them than Ezra Klein and Jay Carney.

Who watches these shows? Perhaps the majority of viewers are those who still admire muscular strength and the earthy ability to make a living from nature (and not work for the Bureau of Labor Statistics or the local Department of Motor Vehicles), and a smaller percentage who find these aborigines odd, but also oddly compelling in their reminder that the people like themselves who run our country could not sharpen a chain saw, change the oil in their car, or unplug their own sewer line. This latter group is curious about the uncouth people who can do these things.

The A&E controversy grew even stranger in that pet white aborigines from the rural south are supposed to shock us by their blunt talk and religious hocus pocus, but only if they stay inside the bars of their zoo cage and thus only ham it up within the parameters of politically correct hillbilly-ese. The Pajama Boy mob at A&E must know that the Ducks, should they speak like those in Silicon Valley or act in accordance with Upper West Side protocols, would have zero audience. Is the logic of Duck Dynasty that the few left in America of the 1940s can spout off in a neat way to us — but only without putting their paws and snouts too far through the bars of their cage?

Obama as Pajama Boy

ALL of it here with a lot of comments
Works and Days » Pajama Boy Nation

Last edited:
Pajama Boy resonated with the public, but not in the way the promoters thought. He is exactly what they sought to portray, weak, effeminate, worried about cold feet, sipping hot chocolate that his mommy might have brought to him. The new male. He needs to be taken care of and a strong government is right there to do the taking care of. Pajama Boy is the male version of Julia. A woman who lives totally dependent on the government. Pajama Boy goes one better, he NEEDS to have the government take care of him, protect him and provide for him. Just look at him, it's obvious that he can't do it himself.

Pajama Boy resonated with the public, but not in the way the promoters thought. He is exactly what they sought to portray, weak, effeminate, worried about cold feet, sipping hot chocolate that his mommy might have brought to him. The new male. He needs to be taken care of and a strong government is right there to do the taking care of. Pajama Boy is the male version of Julia. A woman who lives totally dependent on the government. Pajama Boy goes one better, he NEEDS to have the government take care of him, protect him and provide for him. Just look at him, it's obvious that he can't do it himself.

It's obvious he can't take care of himself? Really? You get that from a young guy in pajamas with hot chocolate?

I thought he looked a lot like one of my son's co-workers. That kid has a masters in aero-space engineering and works as a subcontractor for a major DoD contractor.

Its about getting young people to sign up for Obamacare. Now I don't like Obamacare. But it seems there has been a LOT added on to pajama boy that is not there.

Pajama boy is just another societal girly man. Weak minded, weak physically, weak morally and spiritually.

Like his mentor and hero obama.

His kind would last about 30 minutes where I live and he'd go home sniffling and crying in his hot cocoa that mommy brings him. Pathetic.

It's obvious he can't take care of himself? Really? You get that from a young guy in pajamas with hot chocolate?

I thought he looked a lot like one of my son's co-workers. That kid has a masters in aero-space engineering and works as a subcontractor for a major DoD contractor.

Its about getting young people to sign up for Obamacare. Now I don't like Obamacare. But it seems there has been a LOT added on to pajama boy that is not there.

No it's all there. The imagery is unmistakable. That's why it isn't all surprising that pajama boy looks like your son's co-workers. Because he has a degree in aerospace engineering doesn't mean he's not weak, effeminate and needs someone to bring his hot chocolate.

Pajama Boy reminds me a lot of the metro-sexual Chrissy Hayes of MSNBC.

I doubt very many women would be attracted to such liberal pussies as PJ Boy.

Certainly not Stephanie.

No it's all there. The imagery is unmistakable. That's why it isn't all surprising that pajama boy looks like your son's co-workers. Because he has a degree in aerospace engineering doesn't mean he's not weak, effeminate and needs someone to bring his hot chocolate.

Or he is not worried about proving his manliness, owns the company other manly men work for, and pays someone to bring him his hot chocolate.

I guess it would be better to have a hairy redneck sipping whiskey for breakfast?

I read a story, years and years ago, about Dan Blocker (he played Hoss Cartwright on the tv show Bonanza). Apparently a woman stopped him in a store and started berating him about his daddy needing to fire that Chinese cook and get a woman in there. That it was important for his boys that they have a woman cook for them. When Blocker tried to explain that it was just a tv show, she ignored him.

I laughed at that story about how ignorant people could be back then.

I guess we haven't progressed as far as I had hoped.

By God, we need some really manly men who are true Conservatives like Senator Craig of Idaho, willing to take a wide stance on issues.

Or he is not worried about proving his manliness, owns the company other manly men work for, and pays someone to bring him his hot chocolate.

I guess it would be better to have a hairy redneck sipping whiskey for breakfast?

Then it's a wonder that they didn't portray pajama boy as executive boy, ordering those hairy rednecks about instead of cozying up in his onesie.

Then it's a wonder that they didn't portray pajama boy as executive boy, ordering those hairy rednecks about instead of cozying up in his onesie.

Not as big a wonder as the fact that people here are claiming pajama boy is about 1st amendment rights, 2nd amendment rights, gay marriage or any of the other ridiculous ideas that have been piled on this simple commercial.

Not as big a wonder as the fact that people here are claiming pajama boy is about 1st amendment rights, 2nd amendment rights, gay marriage or any of the other ridiculous ideas that have been piled on this simple commercial.

^^^^ PJ boy is tearing us apart! That's exactly what he wants!!!

:evil:

We may have projected a bit about what kind of "man" PJ Boy is, but he certainly looks like a pussy, and it's interesting the Obama administration has hooked their wagon to him in hopes that he can pull in healthy millenials who without them Obamacare goes down in flames.

I read a story, years and years ago, about Dan Blocker (he played Hoss Cartwright on the tv show Bonanza). Apparently a woman stopped him in a store and started berating him about his daddy needing to fire that Chinese cook and get a woman in there. That it was important for his boys that they have a woman cook for them. When Blocker tried to explain that it was just a tv show, she ignored him.

I laughed at that story about how ignorant people could be back then.

I guess we haven't progressed as far as I had hoped.

Says the man with the cancer stick in his mouth.

Why is the right so outraged over someone who may or may not be a homosexual?

Are you that insecure?

Or some old bald dude with glasses.

Forum List

Back