Painting Christian religion

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
IMG_0785.JPG

Awake & Astonished: IV. Astounded - An Advent Series

1585948237779.png

Christ Pantocrator, sublime mosaic from the 13th century; basilique Sainte-Sophie,

Workshop of Sandro Botticelli - The Virgin and Child with Saint John and Two Angels (probably about 1490-1500) ”

1586002752273.png

Dalia, I went back and corrected several subtle deficiencies and further refinements in trying to restore the original look to the painting, all within the left third of the picture to balance the overall realism of the image. But it will take careful comparison to the first one to notice the differences as they are not meant to be obvious but to fool the eye into added realism.

Gentile_da_fabriano,_adorazione_dei_magi2.jpg

Dalia, I went back and corrected several subtle deficiencies and further refinements in trying to restore the original look to the painting, all within the left third of the picture to balance the overall realism of the image. But it will take careful comparison to the first one to notice the differences as they are not meant to be obvious but to fool the eye into added realism.

View attachment 319099
I have withdraw my post because I am not sure if I made a mistake and I cannot ask you the question in PM. so I prefer to withdraw my post

View attachment 319099
I have withdraw my post because I am not sure if I made a mistake and I cannot ask you the question in PM. so I prefer to withdraw my post
Why can't you PM me?

1586025425456.png

I put the original painting so we could see the difference

Last edited:

View attachment 319124

I put the original painting so we could see the difference
The difference is to a large extent what centuries of grime from the air and aging and fading does to a painting, plus some enhancements I added in order to bring out certain aspects to enhance depth and realism. It is based upon the work of other paintings where chemical cleaning and x-ray analysis has been done, as well as chemical analysis of the pigments and historical records and visual accounts of the original condition, such as has been done with the likes of the Mona Lisa.

It's the effects of time that made Mona Lisa mysterious.
Today.
1586178832454.png

No larger version

Fig. 8-2b: Present-day Mona Lisa with age-yellowing digitally removed

Forum List

Back