Ozzy Osbourne.

Wasn't Randy in a small airplane fucking around trying to buzz close by Ozzy's house to wake him up and he misjudged and actually crashed the plane and died?

You can't be serious.
Very serious.
Jeff Beck was great in the '70s blow by blow, Wired.....live with Jan Hammer etc....

Then Eddie Van Halen , Randy Rhoads, Joe Satriani and all the game changers came along and he fell by the wayside like most other guitar players.

His level of playing peaked about 40 years ago he hasn't gotten any better..... how is he supposed to follow the likes of Randy Rhoads, Brad Gillis, Jake E Lee and Zakk Wylde ? Even Tony Iomi .....

Jimmy Page Eric Clapton Jeff Beck all those guys have their place in history.... but I don't see call Jeff Beck fits in with Oz

I don't think he could even play the rhythm part of most Ozzy songs much less the leads

His level of playing peaked about 40 years ago he hasn't gotten any better..... I don't think he could even play the rhythm part of most Ozzy songs much less the leads

Get real. Beck is a Blues player, it isn't upon him to "keep up with" these other players you mentioned. I must have 15-20 Beck albums going all the way back to his beginnings aside from having seen him live close up, and I'd take him in a heartbeat over any of the others you mentioned! Beck says more with one crying note of his Fender than those other players do with a lot of fast picking and screeching noises. Beck's playing is about aural textures and musical interpretiveness, not just banging out noise with guitar fret acrobatics. You are comparing apples with oranges here.

The quality of a chef is measured by the synergy of his cooking not by the number of ingredients he just throws together into the bowl. I guess Beck is just more suited to a more musically mature audience than these other people you are used to listening to.

Get real. Beck is a Blues player, it isn't upon him to "keep up with" these other players you mentioned. I must have 15-20 Beck albums going all the way back to his beginnings aside from having seen him live close up, and I'd take him in a heartbeat over any of the others you mentioned! Beck says more with one crying note of his Fender than those other players do with a lot of fast picking and screeching noises. Beck's playing is about aural textures and musical interpretiveness, not just banging out noise with guitar fret acrobatics. You are comparing apples with oranges here.

The quality of a chef is measured by the synergy of his cooking not by the number of ingredients he just throws together into the bowl. I guess Beck is just more suited to a more musically mature audience than these other people you are used to listening to.
I'm being real dude he's a blues player and this isn't a blue song.
Y
And while you're here arguing with me did you even listen to the song?

Sounds like one of Ozzy's 90s albums filler tracks but the solo sucks.....lmao

Jeff Beck literally couldn't play rhythm and keep up with Zakk Wylde

I'm being real dude he's a blues player and this isn't a blue song.
So why expect him to play like Eddie Van Halen? We have Eddie Van Halen for that.

And while you're here arguing with me did you even listen to the song?
Yeah. Didn't like it at all.

Sounds like one of Ozzy's 90s albums filler tracks but the solo sucks.....lmao
You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Jeff probably agreed to play out of friendship, variety, experimentation and a lot of free time.

So why expect him to play like Eddie Van Halen? We have Eddie Van Halen for that.

Yeah. Didn't like it at all.

You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Jeff probably agreed to play out of friendship, variety, experimentation and a lot of free time.
Sadly, Jeff probably needs the paycheck.....Sharon figures " Why not ? His name alone will sell...if not , oh well."

Forum List

Back