What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWS Wants the End of Capitalism?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapDn_QaDTE&feature=related]Chris (CptnMidnite) Responds To[/ame]

iamwhatiseem

Platinum Member
Reaction score
To the OP thread title - yes.
This is probably the only common theme that the OWS seem to share in common - or enough of them do that it would make the majority of them.

So...yes they do.

OP
ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is probably the only common theme that the OWS seem to share in common - or enough of them do that it would make the majority of them.

So...yes they do.

You didnt watch the vid :doubt:

iamwhatiseem

Platinum Member
Reaction score

So...yes they do.

ACtually I watched a minute or two.
The vid is irrelevant. It is one guys opinion...is the same manner as I wouldn't judge the OWS by a moron - I wouldn't judge them by one guy with a brain.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
Reaction score
pretending Americans hate the free market is just brain dead partisan hackery.

I expect to see lots of it in the future from the right.

OP
ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Reaction score

So...yes they do.

The vid is irrelevant. It is one guys opinion...is the same manner as I wouldn't judge the OWS by a moron - I wouldn't judge them by one guy with a brain.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Reaction score
China will be more than happy to help them end American capitalism.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

But when a Black man was interviewed at a Tea Party Ralley, those that claim the tea partyers are a racist group said "the words of one black man does not speak for the sentiments of the group as a whole".

So please explain to me why the words of one intelligent person speaks for the group as a whole in this case?

OP
ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

But when a Black man was interviewed at a Tea Party Ralley, those that claim the tea partyers are a racist group said "the words of one black man does not speak for the sentiments of the group as a whole".

So please explain to me why the words of one intelligent person speaks for the group as a whole in this case?

Explain to me how long it took you to make up that bullshit

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think expecting the government to regulate the abuses of capitalism is asking too much.

Really?

We paid the government good money to regulate Fannie and Freddie and they gave us reason to believe they were doing it. When, in fact, they werent.

So why do you trust them to do it with industry as a whole?

Nope...as I see it....only one group can regulate the abuses of capitaslism. The people. You dont lkike what a company is doing? Dont buy their products.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score
Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Why dont you first tell me the part that is bullshit.

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We the People, as we watch businesses take money for less than stellar services or otherwise fail to protect the public interest, have every right for regulated competition and safety standards. Modern capitalism requires such.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Reaction score
I don't think expecting the government to regulate the abuses of capitalism is asking too much.

Really?

We paid the government good money to regulate Fannie and Freddie and they gave us reason to believe they were doing it. When, in fact, they werent.

Nope...as I see it....only one group can regulate the abuses of capitaslism. The people. You dont lkike what a company is doing? Dont buy their products.

Which is why I wouldn't ask YOU. Freddy and Fanny were doing fine until they were forced to pick up much of the bad debt from the savings and loan debacle. But you wouldn't know that because it wouldn't have come up on Fox News. It would take too much of my time to bring you up to speed on this topic but if you are remotely trying to bring an honest argument...try doing some research.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

Really?

Which is why I wouldn't ask YOU. Freddy and Fanny were doing fine until they were forced to pick up much of the bad debt from the savings and loan debacle. But you wouldn't know that because it wouldn't have come up on Fox News. It would take too much of my time to bring you up to speed on this topic but if you are remotely trying to bring an honest argument...try doing some research.

I can talk circles around you regarding the lending industry...in particular the mortgage industry as my wife is a settlement attorney.
I know what I know from the source...not from Fox News.....or from a poster on here who claims to be a conservative but has never shown anything but disdain for anyone that doesnt want to give free stuff out to the people.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score
lol Huggy.....

what was it...about 3 weeks ago when you said the CEO of a company is the decision maker. The dictator of a company?

Or was it four weeks ago.

Either way, it showed all of us what little you know of how a corporation works.

You are not nearly as well infomred as you claim to be. To the contrary, you are obviously poorly informed.

OP
ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Why dont you first tell me the part that is bullshit.

Nameless,, faceless people said something and you want answers. I say it didnt happen. Link?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List