#OWS Signs

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Ab0_CalCEAAt6Y1.jpg

Or

"The loan officer should have done his homework and checked my situation more carefully and found that I really couldn't afford the property based on my income and other obligations and turned me down."

Or

"The loan officer should have done his homework and checked my situation more carefully and found that I really couldn't afford the property based on my income and other obligations and turned me down."
Asking professionals in the industry to do their jobs competently? What the hell is wrong with you? ;)

Who's fault is it those people are STUPID.

Here's a clue, you can't afford something, DON'T GO OUT AND BUY IT.

what a concept eh?

what a concept eh?

It's incumbent upon the lender to determine if an applicant is qualified for a loan.

The sign I like sez, "I can't afford my own politicians, so I made this sign".
I always thought that term limits trumped campaign finance reform.
I was wrong. Especially when I found out that freshmen Congressmen are already on the phone shortly after they assume office to drum up funds for their next campaign.
We gotta start somewhere to turn the current plutocratic shitstorm around that no longer remotely resembles representative government.
And, this is a better place then most.
As long as the OWS focuses on Wall St., Congress is safe.
That movement needs to change their acronym and focus to OCC, Occupy Corrupt Congress.
Just this little minor shift in the direction of grievances might make all the difference in the direction of our country.

what a concept eh?

It's incumbent upon the lender to determine if an applicant is qualified for a loan.

It's incumbent upon THE PERSON to know if THEY CAN AFFORD a mortgage. I can't so guess what, I RENT.

These people should put the blame where it SHOULD BE. on themselves.

Ultimately, it is your responsibility to determine what you are capable of purchasing. Stop passing responsibility for your decisions off on other people.

If a person lacks enough common sense to know what he can or cannot afford, it's up to the lender to set him straight.

Afterall, it's the lender who is ultimately on the hook for the money.

Ultimately, it is your responsibility to determine what you are capable of purchasing. Stop passing responsibility for your decisions off on other people.

If a person lacks enough common sense to know what he can or cannot afford, it's up to the lender to set him straight.

Why, When is it the person own respondsability to take ownership of their own finances. Why does people have to be held by the hand by everything. Its called being an adult

So if a doctor tells you you are fine, then you find out that he should have seen your cancer, it's your fault?

oh brother, then they would be bitching and moaning they were being discriminated against.

It's not anyone's fault they are too stupid to know what the hell they are getting into.

Then why dont you hate all the people who gave these loans to the "stupid regular guys"?

shouldnt they have known it would tank their industry?

Besides the mortgages, i wonder how much debt these people actually have....
The banks usually deny a loan based on your debt to income ratio. So, MAYBE when these people (or alot of them) got their mortgages they WERE able to pay them. But then, the banks give you Home Equity lines of credit to go with it, which they most likely used. Charge card company's will usually just give you a card as long as your credit is good at the time. They could have gone overboard after they'd gotten the mortgage, and with all that debt just couldn't keep up. That's NOT the banks fault!

Some most likely lost their jobs, then couldn't afford the homes any longer. So you SELL and GET OUT! We've made mistakes with our money too, and gone farther into debt then we could really handle. We've worked at trying to take care of that...I don't blame the bank, credit card company, or anyone else. We did it, we had to take care of it. Most places will work with you if you just talk to them!

I will give you an example about being responsible .. When we were buying the Realtor said we could afford a way more expensive house. But I knew my finances and knew I did not want to be house poor. So we got a house way less expensive.

Now my friend on the other hand got a house on the highest of her budget. For the past 3 years she has been fighting not to lose it and even though the mortgage company has lowered her interest rates over and over she still could not afford the house. My friend had a choice to buy that house. There was other houses in the same housing place that way lower price but she wanted this house. Is it her mortgage finance's fault she decided to get this house? No, its hers. She is an adult and made that choice.

So if a doctor tells you you are fine, then you find out that he should have seen your cancer, it's your fault?
apples and oranges buddy. Your stretching. :cuckoo:

Then why dont you hate all the people who gave these loans to the "stupid regular guys"?

shouldnt they have known it would tank their industry?

Loan officers were getting commisions on the number and size of the loans they wrote.

So they didn't give two shits if the loan was going to end up in default.

New Topics

Forum List

Back