Over charging the parents of the Michigan shooter to attack normal gun owners.....

It appears, if the reports are correct, that both the school and the parents would fail a basic IQ test. IQ test question: determine the best response from the following scenario: A teenager draws violent pictures depicting guns and shooting. After a teacher reported the incident parents came in and met with school heads. This was the second day of school meetings due to teenagers in-school actions. Parents were aware there was an unsecured gun presumably at home. What happens at the meeting? Nobody checks his backpack nor locker- not one school authority nor parent. Wth!? MAJOR fail…….the school failed and the parents failed. That one action alone would’ve saved all lives taken. Total ineptness. True about hindsight always better but that blows my mind that neither of his parents connected the dots nor at least mentioned that a gun could be in his backpack or locker. School is blaming parents for not checking his backpack but both are possibly liable.

From the email his mom sent sounds like she is the type who wants to be “a friend” to her son, not a parent, texting him after knowing the school trouble “lol I’m not mad at you” and “you need to learn not to get caught”. I guess she should’ve taught him more about that last part - what piece of work.

Absolutely spot on, every word.

Anyone with any sense knows by now that we can't count on the cops to protect us....and if you live in a Blue State City...most likely crime is going up and you need to learn to defend yourself. Most of you are just victims or witness crimes every day....which causes you to pack up and move.
So idiots like you end up moving to my state and bringing your insanity with you. Thus the disease that is progressiveness spreads all over the country.
Maybe you have a link to back up what you say? A couple links I came across showed red states as having more violence and crime.

Maybe you have a link to back up what you say? A couple links I came across showed red states as having more violence and crime.

That's total horseshit. And your link was from 2009.

That's total horseshit. And your link was from 2009.
But it is a link! More than you gave us. You didn't even read the links.

Who cares what their lawyers said.
Until further noted, I’m going with the lawyer was finally able to contact them and told them that they better get back “here” because they’d created a bigger mess not picking up their phones earlier and news had spread they’d run, so they complied. No evidence, only working with bits and pieces.

The democrats want to punish normal gun owners.........and they will exploit any tragedy to do it...

Styx talks cars, knives and the problem with going after the parents......

A look at the two different shootings....

The divergent reactions to the Kempczinski text message and the Crumbleys’ indictment illuminate the different standards to which minority parents and white parents are held. When black juveniles perpetrate street violence, the press and public officials almost never ask: where were the parents? The less involved a parent is in a child’s life, the less society expects of him. These double standards may have a benign intent, but they enable a cultural dysfunction whose effects are thousands of times more lethal than school shootings.

Kempczinski made his ill-fated suggestion of parental responsibility after seven-year-old Jaslyn Adams was gunned down by her father’s gang rivals. Jaslyn and her father Jontae Adams were parked in a McDonald’s drive-thru lane on Chicago’s West Side on April 18, 2021, when two gunmen jumped out of a car and unleashed at least 45 shots at their car. Jaslyn was struck six times and died; Jontae was seriously wounded. A convicted heroin dealer, Jontae knew that his gang’s enemies were out for his blood. The day before the shooting, he tweeted: “Opps probably downstairs waiting on me.”

A few weeks before Jaslyn Adams’s murder, 13-year-old Adam Toledo was out running the streets at 2:30 a.m. with a fellow gang member. Both Toledo and his associate Ruben Roman were armed. ShotSpotter technology picked up eight rounds of gunfire from the pair; two calls to 911 also reported the shots. Toledo and Roman fled from the responding officers; the officer who chased Toledo down an alley shouted at him to “stop it” or “drop it [i.e., the gun].” In an almost instantaneous succession of events, Toledo wheeled toward the officer with his gun in his hand, then dropped the weapon and put his hands up. A fraction of a second later, the officer shot him once, fatally. Opinion is divided on whether the cop was justified in firing his weapon.

A day after the Jaslyn Adams murder, Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot paid an unrelated visit to McDonald’s headquarters. Kempczinski thanked Lightfoot via text message for her visit and added: regarding the “tragic shootings. . . , both at our restaurant yesterday and with Adam Toldeo [sic]. With both, the parents failed those kids which I know is something you can’t say. Even harder to fix.”

And you didn't look deep enough......Red States have cities controlled by the democrat party.....

Louisiana....Red State....blue cities...

Baton Rouge.....democrats since 2005.....and before that.....outside of two republican terms, democrats going back to 1872

New Orleans....democrat control since 1872

Missouri......Red State, blue cities......

St. Louis....democrats since 1949

Kansas City....one republican 1979-1991....the rest democrats, going back to 1930

So....please.....sell that silliness to someone else....

And this......

The fight [between Simpkins and a 15-year-old fellow student] was broken up and the two students calmed down, but then Simpkins pulled out a firearm from his orange backpack and fired several shots that struck three people … Calvin Pettitt, a 25-year-old English teacher who jumped in to break up the fight, was shot in the back, suffering broken ribs and a collapsed lung, according to police and his family.

The other victims were identified as Zacchaeus Selby, Eyimofe Olawepo and Pariesa Altma … Police have said a 15-year-old boy was in critical condition, while a teenage girl who was grazed by a bullet had been discharged from the hospital. The fourth victim, a pregnant woman, was injured in a fall during the shooting ...
-----
“Narrative.” Hmm. I’m not entirely sure what other “narrative” the media is supposed to take when a deranged shooter opens fire on classmates, bullying or not. Even notwithstanding the seeming difficulty of proving a 15-year-old was actually “bullying” this 18-year-old, the “self-defense” defense seems suspect, though they certainly will give it their best shot in court.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m as pro-self-defense as they come.

However, even if the bullying claims are even remotely true, bringing a loaded gun to one of the few places in the country where guns (in the hands of students) are not and should not be allowed and firing it at multiple people, including a teacher - AFTER the fight that apparently sparked it had already ended - sounds like not just an absurdly disproportionate response, but outright attempted murder.
-----

Yet, it seems that prosecutors are already giving Simpkins a light touch. Instead of multiple counts of attempted murder, this 18-year-old MAN is being charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. And he gets to sit at home while awaiting trial. Because, clearly, an adult who brings a weapon and opens fire in a school isn’t a danger to himself or anyone else.

another one......Indiana....Red as the come.....

Blue city...

Gary, Indiana...democrat party control since 1943

What we see here are cities in Red States, controlled by the democrat party, skewing their gun crime and gun murder rates so you can post those llinks.....

Your first link is from 2009....

Another state, taken from your link for homicides...

South Carlina....Red state...

Blue city...

Charleston, South Carolina.....from your link.....democrat control since 1877

Columbia, South Carolina? The link doesn't give political affiliation....but the first two you can link too....? Democrats going back to 1990

If lefties want to make a statement about access to firearms they should consider indicting Barry Hussein and the ATF leadership for the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent killed with one of the weapons the Obama administration shipped to Mexico.

From your first link...

Tennessee...Red State....blue cities....

Nashville.....democrat party control since at least 1975...the link going to the mayors after that point don't give political party quickly....

So....Red States.....with blue cities controlled by the democrat party and their policies.......

The democrat party creates just about 95% of our gun crime problem in this country......by attacking and handicapping the police, then releasing known, repeat gun offenders over and over again..

Two your second link....

Now it’s true that the average taxpayer in blue states pays a higher per capita income tax than the average taxpayer in red states. But that’s because those states — particularly Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and California — have more rich people. Don’t the Democrats want the rich paying their fair share?

As for blue states allegedly getting back less, what numbers are they looking at? It is true that red states receive 35.75 percent on average of their budgets from the federal government, while blue states receive 30.80 percent.

But this is because the blue states’ budgets are far larger due to all the bloat and waste.

The 10 states in the best fiscal condition are almost all red states.

The 10 states with the worst numbers in the red are almost all blue states.
----
The higher the taxes, the more mismanaged a state is. CNBC examined the infrastructure of every state — roads, airports, water systems and ports — and found that the places with the worst-rated infrastructure are six Democratic states, which also rank among the highest in taxes collected per resident: Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.
----
Kyle Sammin at The Federalist found that if you look at the amount of money the federal government gives to states on a per capita basis instead, blue states get more; $2,124 per resident. Red states receive just $1,879 on average.

Matt Palumbo writing at The Dan Bongino Show found that even if red states receive more in federal welfare, it’s not going to Republicans. Those on public assistance, as well as long-term unemployment, are overwhelmingly Democrats.

Behind the Misleading Statement That Blue States Subsidize Red States

The manslaughter charges might not be sustained. It is illegal for a minor to own a hand gun in Michigan. So if the prosecution can prove beyond a shadow of doubt that the father as the legal hand gun owner gifted the gun to the 15 year old son and that it was not stolen. Currently in Michigan there is no law requiring adults to secure any weapon when minors are present. It does sound like that is about to change.

Forum List

Back