Outlaw that damn flag

You did see the last of my post, did you not? It is satire. I was being a smart ass toward BLM. Anybody that thinks that 97 percent of the southerners who never owned a slave were fighting to keep slavery alive are stupid beyond words. Regardless of how modern revisionist historians call it, the people in the south had a Hell of lot more on their minds than slavery.

Horseshit.

You did see the last of my post, did you not? It is satire. I was being a smart ass toward BLM. Anybody that thinks that 97 percent of the southerners who never owned a slave were fighting to keep slavery alive are stupid beyond words. Regardless of how modern revisionist historians call it, the people in the south had a Hell of lot more on their minds than slavery.

Horseshit.

Horeshit??? What would make some poor white people give two hoots in Hell about slavery? For the last 100 years they've been obsessed with getting rid of brown people... not enslaving them, but getting rid of them. Why would that same race of people give a rat's ass about blacks getting to vote whites into oblivion?

View attachment 360968
I'm not seeing the Rebel flag as "racist" but more of a symbol of anti-deep state.
People can see different things in a symbol.
If the 6% of minorities see one thing, and 70% or so see another, who is right? Does the majority rule?
n7tynopryu951.jpg

View attachment 360968
I'm not seeing the Rebel flag as "racist" but more of a symbol of anti-deep state.
If the 6% of minorities see one thing, and 70% or so see another, who is right? Does the majority rule?
The discussion is whether or not the confederates were "traitors", or honorable men fighting for states rights as defined in the US Constitution.

View attachment 360968
n7tynopryu951.jpg

This is sad, but true. That represents every critic I have - and no, I've never supported Democrats.

... Anybody that thinks that 97 percent of the southerners who never owned a slave were fighting to keep slavery alive are stupid beyond words. Regardless of how modern revisionist historians call it, the people in the south had a Hell of lot more on their minds than slavery.
That's not at all what it means. If a soldier fights for The United States Military, he is fighting for what America represents whether he agrees with every policy of the nation or not. A rebel dog didn't have to understand the underlying reasons for the traitorous rebellion in order to be representing what it stood for.

...The discussion is whether or not the confederates were "traitors", or honorable men fighting for states rights as defined in the US Constitution.
The illiterate rabble who largely just found themselves in a state of rebellion that erupted around them were even less likely to understand issues of states rights and constitutional law than they were of the moral and political implications of slavery. Those literate, educated rebel scum who knew better bear the guilt for the whole mess and for every life lost, North and South.

View attachment 360968
The discussion is whether or not the confederates were "traitors", or honorable men fighting for states rights as defined in the US Constitution.

Did the white people have a Right to found a country that represented the Right to self determination? That discussion is a simple one. Most people who like to argue this stuff are too lazy to read a half hour's worth of history simplified. What really led to the war? Roger Taney, Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court wrote in a ruling:

"It is not the province of the court to decide upon the justice or injustice, the policy or impolicy, of these laws. The decision of that question belonged to the political or law-making power; to those who formed the sovereignty and framed the Constitution. The duty of the court is, to interpret the instrument they have framed, with the best lights we can obtain on the subject, and to administer it as we find it, according to its true intent and meaning when it was adopted." DRED SCOTT, PLAINTIFF IN ERROR, v. JOHN F. A. SANDFORD.

That is from the court case Dred Scott v. Sanford. NOBODY is qualified to be in any debate without having read that case and the legal cases that the decision was based on. I have never met a white person who has ever read the Dred Scott v. Sanford case, much less the statutes and cases that helped the high Court reach their conclusion. And if you want to go back further - if you have the intestinal fortitude to study white history, you should read this:

If you read that, think about the ramifications of that in light and consider the Dred Scott ruling, chronicling our history from the arrival of the colonists up to 1857 then that 1630 sermon will make you do some serious thinking.

... Anybody that thinks that 97 percent of the southerners who never owned a slave were fighting to keep slavery alive are stupid beyond words. Regardless of how modern revisionist historians call it, the people in the south had a Hell of lot more on their minds than slavery.
That's not at all what it means. If a soldier fights for The United States Military, he is fighting for what America represents whether he agrees with every policy of the nation or not. A rebel dog didn't have to understand the underlying reasons for the traitorous rebellion in order to be representing what it stood for.

Remove that halo before you post. You need to stop following me around like a dog in heat. What I stated is correct, sir. Study some history and quit freaking trolling me.

View attachment 360968
ah ok...

View attachment 360968
ah ok...

Nice article, thanks. Not sure who "quartz" is or if they are the ultimate authority on the Civil War origins.
My translation of it was that Lincoln's "house divided" speech was taken as a trigger that the gentleman's agreement of the US Constitution that those items "not specifically addressed" remained with the States, was no longer valid, that Lincoln intended to end slavery, one way or another. So IMHO the "issue" being fought over was "states rights" about slavery, which boils down to net income.
So not every southerner in the confederacy owned or approved of slavery, but every one believed in States' Rights.

Forum List

Back