Out of tricks:' How Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal Drives State To $1.6B Budget Deficit

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
jindal is no different from the rest of the republicans. They started doing this at the federal level in the reagan years. They've been doing it at the state level for years too.

All tax cuts do is remove revenue from the state and it's budget. It doesn't create jobs nor do tax cuts pay for themselves.

Tax cuts are nothing but out of control spending which the middle class, poor and seniors have to pay for by cuts in very needed services.

But hey, those filthy rich people need more money from tax cuts.

Republican economics is destroying some states.

'Out of tricks:' How Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has driven state to $1.6B budget deficit | Faith | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

And yet some want to put him or some other fiscally irresponsible Repub in the White House.

If they succeed, it will be the end of the middle class that the right has worked to kill off for so long.

And yet some want to put him or some other fiscally irresponsible Repub in the White House.

If they succeed, it will be the end of the middle class that the right has worked to kill off for so long.

Yeah, we need another fiscal wizard like Obama who has racked up as much debt as all his predecessors.. combined.

:lol:

jindal is no different from the rest of the republicans. They started doing this at the federal level in the reagan years. They've been doing it at the state level for years too.

All tax cuts do is remove revenue from the state and it's budget. It doesn't create jobs nor do tax cuts pay for themselves.

Tax cuts are nothing but out of control spending which the middle class, poor and seniors have to pay for by cuts in very needed services.

'Out of tricks:' How Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has driven state to $1.6B budget deficit | Faith | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Is ole Piyush thinking about running for POTUS?

Yeah, we need another fiscal wizard like Obama who has racked up as much debt as all his predecessors.. combined.

How'd he sneak that debt past the GOP House?

I suppose we can expect the debt to go down over the next two years, eh, now that we have a Republican Congress...

I suppose we can expect the debt to go down over the next two years, eh, now that we have a Republican Congress...

And yet he did. Why would debt go down when it hasn't under both Rs and Ds in power? Why?

From the link:

Meanwhile, the cost for the state's various tax credits, rebates and exemptions has ballooned by more than $600 million in the last five years alone, according to the Department of Revenue.

You see? How many times have I said Republicans redistribute wealth stealthily through tax expenditures?

It is way past time to ban tax expenditures.

But then you have no problem with Os tax cuts and increases that are hurting the middle class. Isn't that odd.

http://m.thefiscaltimes.com/all/2015-01-23-unintended-consequences-obama-s-tax-cuts#1

You seriously want us to believe you don't remember all those years when Reid refused to allow a budget to even be debated?

And yet he did. Why would debt go down when it hasn't under both Rs and Ds in power? Why?
Exactly what I have been pointing out for years.

Democrats: Tax and spend.

Republicans: Borrow and spend.

So you agree with us that Washington has a spending problem?

Jindal is just another liberal in GOP clothing.

Our government could balance the budget tomorrow, very easily. If it wanted to.

It does not want to.

Our government could balance the budget tomorrow, very easily. If it wanted to.

It does not want to.

Of course it could. Simply freeze it and in a few years it's in balance. Then let it grow at the rate of inflation and it would stay in balance.

I agree that both parties are worthless and spend our money frivolously. I don't assign degrees of relevance to either party.

Geezus, how many posts have I made about banning tax expenditures; raising the Social Security and Medicare retirement ages to 70, and indexing them to 9 percent of the population going forward; cutting Defense spending since we are spending more on Defense in real dollars than we have since WWII, and we aren't even facing an existential threat like we did during the Cold War?

Do I agree? FUCK YEAH, I agree.

Just banning tax expenditures alone would provide an annual surplus of half a trillion dollars. You could use that to lower tax rates for EVERYONE, and to pay down the debt. After the debt was paid off, you could lower tax rates for EVERYONE even more.

You seriously want us to believe you don't remember all those years when Reid refused to allow a budget to even be debated?

all those years we operated under a CR and avoided Republican pet projects financed by the budget ?

yeah, I remember, you don't.

Our federal debt is a shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite.

But our elected politicians are scared shitless at the prospect of making EVERYONE take an equal bite. They want to force some of us to take SEVERAL really, really, really big bites while not making their donors take any bites.

This is bullshit. Time to revolt. Loudly.

Geezus, how many posts have I made about banning tax expenditures; raising the Social Security and Medicare retirement ages to 70, and indexing them to 9 percent of the population going forward; cutting Defense spending since we are spending more on Defense in real dollars than we have since WWII, and we aren't even facing an existential threat like we did during the Cold War?

Do I agree? FUCK YEAH, I agree.

Just banning tax expenditures alone would provide an annual surplus of half a trillion dollars. You could use that to lower tax rates for EVERYONE, and to pay down the debt. After the debt was paid off, you could lower tax rates for EVERYONE even more.

I really don't know how many posts you've made, since I don't follow individuals. I agree with a lot of what you said.

all those years we operated under a CR and avoided Republican pet projects financed by the budget ?

yeah, I remember, you don't.

We operated under repeated CR's, and every time the Republicans even hinted at slowing down the growth of spending, the dynamic duo would start squawking about shutting down the government and the spineless ones would back off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back