I would advise anyone to find what you need that can be sourced locally to do so. At the same time buy what you need that must be transported to you in bulk.
Hard times are coming.

It's largely a city folk problem, truth be told. Country folk gonna survive.

But, yes. Agreed. American prosperity is under ruthless direct attack by those charged to protect it.

It's a heck of a thing.

Last edited:

https://mobile.twitter.com/US_OGA
US Oil & Gas Association

@US_OGA
·
13h

Working on it Mr. President. In the meantime - have a Happy 4th and please make sure the WH intern who posted this tweet registers for Econ 101 for the fall semester...

Quote Tweet
President Biden
@POTUS

United States government official
· Jul 2
My message to the companies running gas stations and setting prices at the pump is simple: this is a time of war and global peril. Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you’re paying for the product. And do it now.

Do you think Joe Biden sets the global price for a barrel of oil? Yes or No.
What was obvious from the debates was Trump making an ass of himself and every one of his supporters. Yo-Semite!
Joe doesn’t set the price of a barrel of oil but he damn well influences it. You can’t blame joe for the total increase but his actions have definitely added to the increase in price.

An argument that is rarely made is the fact that many simply do not want an electric car.

At the end of the day, free-markets are under attack.
If I decide to take a cross country trip I con’t want to waste hours and hours sitting around waiting for my stupid $60,000 electric car to recharge.

The driving distance between New York City and LA is 2,789 miles.
If I had to recharge every 250 miles I would have to recharge 11 times If I had the average BEV like a Chevy Bolt that might take me 77 hours (Providing I could find a charging station). Even in a Tesla, I would have to stop 5 or 6 times. That’s well over a day.

A hybrid car would work out much better but wold still use fossil fuel.

***snip***

Full-electric BEVs today have an average range of 250 miles on a single charge. However, newer models from marquee companies like Tesla and Mercedes can go as far as 600 miles in one charge.

***snip***

How long would it take to fully charge some of the leading electric cars on the road?

Use these approximate calculations based on a Level 2 power source and charging capacity, according to the manufacturers’ websites (unless otherwise noted) for the following 2022 cars:

If I decide to take a cross country trip I con’t want to waste hours and hours sitting around waiting for my stupid $60,000 electric car to recharge.

The driving distance between New York City and LA is 2,789 miles.
If I had to recharge every 250 miles I would have to recharge 11 times If I had the average BEV like a Chevy Bolt that might take me 77 hours (Providing I could find a charging station). Even in a Tesla, I would have to stop 5 or 6 times. That’s well over a day.

A hybrid car would work out much better but wold still use fossil fuel.

***snip***

Full-electric BEVs today have an average range of 250 miles on a single charge. However, newer models from marquee companies like Tesla and Mercedes can go as far as 600 miles in one charge.

***snip***

How long would it take to fully charge some of the leading electric cars on the road?

Use these approximate calculations based on a Level 2 power source and charging capacity, according to the manufacturers’ websites (unless otherwise noted) for the following 2022 cars:

Where does the electricity come from? (rhetorical question)

The government can try and force you to buy an electric vehicle by restricting the supply of gas and pump price, however, few can afford electric vehicles and of course there is this little electrical grid issue, so who is going to pay for everyone’s conversion and where is all this cheap electricity going to come from?

There are many many ugly things about electric cars that are not spoken of.

All everyone hears is "no gas needed" to operate the cars. While that is techically true, it needs electricity. And it needs a whopping amount to charge it all the way up from zero. To top that off, electric vehicles are very heavy, much heavier than their gas counterparts. This means they chew through tires much faster than gas cars of the same size. Nobody mentions the cost of tires for a Tesla. They are specific size and cost 1300 a set. The REAL ugly part? They are only set to last 28,000 miles due to the weight of the car. Most don't last that long because people who buy Teslas don't buy them to putt putt around so they are doing full stop to full acceleration dashes just to enjoy the pull of those electric motors. Doing so reduces the life of the tires even more. So ACTUALLY getting 20,000 miles out of a 1300 dollar set of tires on a Tesla would be a feat. You can easily buy tires for a Corolla that will go 80,000 miles and cost 200-250 a set.

Also, after a few years the range of the battery will start to slowly go down until it goes down to zero. Then the cost to replace the battery would cost more than the value of the car, so the car would be totaled at that point.

So you are actually saving very little using an electric vehicle and you are limiting where you can drive because traveling to Cali from Texas would require multiple full stop charges in the middle of the desert. Where you could run balls to the wall in a gas car and stop only a couple of times for 10 minutes each for a full fill up. Being able to actually arrive on time to a meeting in another state could mean the difference of getting or not getting the multi million dollar business deal.

There are no advantages to electric cars. And as the car ages, any savings you enjoyed when it was new will quickly be depleted as you will spend much more to keep it on the road than a gas car owner would have to spend.

Last edited:
Enjoy paying 10 dollars a gallon.... Moron....

I love the Jr High level taunt... fitting... When this comes crashing down on your leftist head, I will be the one laughing.

Don't worry. The little creep still rides his bike to school. Mom won't let him use the car. He's to terrible a driver

And once again almost all of the stations in central Wyoming are again out of fuel.

As of 10:00 AM MST all of the local Loaf & Jug stores and Pilot Truck stops were out of motor fuels.

View attachment 665605
Note the bags over the pump handles.

This was the scene repeated over and over again while I went looking for fuel. The Truck stops were out. The local convenience stores are out. I finally found gas at a grocery store (Albertson) fuel station who told me that they are near the bottom and expected to be out within the hour.

People with RV's are panicking. This kind of thing will destroy our states tourism in short order.

Happy Fourth of July weekend courtesy of JOE BIDEN and Democrats...
You'll soon be picking up your state issued crickets on bicycle bigots !
Now get in line

It's largely a city folk problem, truth be told. Country folk gonna survive.

But, yes. Agreed. American prosperity is under ruthless direct attack by those charged to protect it.

It's a heck of a thing.
Indeed, we saw the attackers beating up 130 cops at our Capitol.

US Oil & Gas Association
@US_OGA
·
13h

Working on it Mr. President. In the meantime - have a Happy 4th and please make sure the WH intern who posted this tweet registers for Econ 101 for the fall semester...

Quote Tweet
President Biden
@POTUS

· Jul 2
My message to the companies running gas stations and setting prices at the pump is simple: this is a time of war and global peril. Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you’re paying for the product. And do it now.
I came to post this but you beat me to it.

Biden is an idiot and so is the intern that came up with that silliness.

US Oil & Gas Association
@US_OGA
·
13h

Quote Tweet
President Biden
@POTUS

· Jul 2
Wow.. they just eviscerated Biden and his staff.. Everyone is calling out the statement; "ensuring the liberal world order" that statement got the whole countries attention. They are not even hiding the dictatorial control they seek. anymore.

Besides the Dakotas, probably the most boring state to drive through.

Do not leave out Wyoming, it is the most boring state I have driven through and I have driven from coast to coast at one point of another. I thought the desert of Az was boring, but Wy was worse.

There are some of us that enjoy the empty spaces, like in Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, the Dakota's and so on.
Those of us that live here also prefer that those of you who find it boring just don't come. If you must drive through our part of the world, please stop as few times as possible and continue on. We prefer you stay on the interstate highway. In fact it is best if you just fly over.

Forum List

Back