Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

So...you live in a <150 square foot apartment, heat to no more than 60 degrees in winter, use no more than 90 seconds of hot water to bathe, have no motor vehicle, and walk everywhere?
There are billions of people that live like this already. :omg:

I'm not the problem, in fact the world needs more people like me. :)

Healthy
Family oriented
Debt free
Financially sound
Working
Industrious
Law abiding
Generous
Friendly
Dedicated
Conservative
Self-reliant
Skilled
Fastidious
Organized
Helpful
Creative
Forward looking
Civic minded
Compassionate
Sympathetic
Thoughtful
Polite
Happy
Content
Satisfied
Fulfilled
Spiritual :bowdown:
You forgot "modest", but was that by design?

From Planet of the Humans (Premiered July 2019) transcript:

Two years later:

Michigan_13.png

More to come..
You realize that even at that level it represents less than 1% of the power in Michigan?

I realize that rate of change matters far more than any specific quantity or change.
Did you notice the huge diffences up and down on the chart then? Rate also considers the time involved. Ultimately quantity is what matters, because if it doesn't reach the level you want, it fails.

Electric vehicles appeal to conservative buyers sick of gas guzzlers

A few red counties in Texas are experiencing higher-than-average EV growth, as drivers tire of gas prices and chase the latest tech

PLANO, Tex. — Tony Federico bought his Tesla Model 3 in 2018. A former Marine who votes Republican, Federico said he was drawn by the cool technology and the chance to save money on gas.

“I think selfishly it was, you know, how is this going to help my pocketbook,” he said from his living room one recent morning. Environmental concerns were “not really” on his radar, said the head of the local Tesla owners club.

Electric vehicles are often associated with liberal coastal types who speak of saving the planet. But in this Republican stronghold north of Dallas, more and more people are deciding that driving an EV is just common sense.

In Collin County, home to Plano, EV market share is well above the national average and growing fast, reaching 8.7 percent of new-vehicle registrations last year, according to S&P Global Mobility. In neighboring Denton County, also reliably red, EVs grew to 7.3 percent of the market. Nationwide, electric cars were about 6.2 percent of new-vehicle registrations last year.

Some EV buyers in the Plano area expressed concern about the climate, but most said they were drawn by the performance, style and high-tech features of the vehicles — and the convenience and savings of avoiding the gas pump.

Electric vehicles appeal to conservative buyers sick of gas guzzlers

A few red counties in Texas are experiencing higher-than-average EV growth, as drivers tire of gas prices and chase the latest tech

PLANO, Tex. — Tony Federico bought his Tesla Model 3 in 2018. A former Marine who votes Republican, Federico said he was drawn by the cool technology and the chance to save money on gas.

“I think selfishly it was, you know, how is this going to help my pocketbook,” he said from his living room one recent morning. Environmental concerns were “not really” on his radar, said the head of the local Tesla owners club.

Electric vehicles are often associated with liberal coastal types who speak of saving the planet. But in this Republican stronghold north of Dallas, more and more people are deciding that driving an EV is just common sense.

In Collin County, home to Plano, EV market share is well above the national average and growing fast, reaching 8.7 percent of new-vehicle registrations last year, according to S&P Global Mobility. In neighboring Denton County, also reliably red, EVs grew to 7.3 percent of the market. Nationwide, electric cars were about 6.2 percent of new-vehicle registrations last year.

Some EV buyers in the Plano area expressed concern about the climate, but most said they were drawn by the performance, style and high-tech features of the vehicles — and the convenience and savings of avoiding the gas pump.
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F82d36d3f-4e84-4730-85a6-dbae218c1b40_750x500.jpeg

~S~

For the same reason electric cars, are sort of silly in cold weather regions, this is a really dumb idea in a lot of places. . .

skyCoverTenths.gif

See the yellow and red parts of this map? Those are the areas of the nation, which have sunny days, enough of the time, to make this not a dumb idea.

(maybe purple. . . depending on how much you use your car, and how efficient this tech is. This tech is useless everywhere else.)

New Topics

Forum List

Back