Our Economy Can't Take This, Get it Over With

Do you guys have any idea how much protecting the public health is costing our wealthy elites?

Get back to work!

Trump 2020
They aren't the ones filing for unemployment, moron.

Is this what you want to see?

2657.jpg
701,000 jobs lost. That's just shy of a million job difference from the previous month.

It's like having Bush back in office.

If we don't shut down the country, you'll bitch how people are dying. If we do, you'll bitch about unemployment.

You have to decide what to complain about.
Personally, I choose saving lives over unemployment.

The experts you worship say the peek will be on April 12. what are citices?

I don't know what you speak about.
Neither does he.

Always when I read such a statement, as you gave here, I ask myselve: Are all US-Americans idiots? ... Is this everything what you are able to stammer after 13.8 billion years history of the universe? Noli me tangere (better to say: mē mou haptou), if you have nothing to say what's essential in times of Corona. When you don't start to think and to feel now - when will you start to do so, lost child in time? How long do you like to live in your wrong deadly stereotypes and cliches?

I don't know how old you are but I'm not 13.8 billion years old.

You're more like 4 years old, I would estimate.

LOL

Slobbers the USMB's fucking moron. :mm:

Do you guys have any idea how much protecting the public health is costing our wealthy elites?

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg
701,000 jobs lost. That's just shy of a million job difference from the previous month.

If we don't shut down the country, you'll bitch how people are dying. If we do, you'll bitch about unemployment.

Sure you did. Are you unemployed?

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

Would you please "Get it over with" and expose your fat diseased ass to the virus so we can get the economy back up and running? Lenny would appreciate that.

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

So stick that in your partisan pipe and smoke it.
Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.
If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

Trump wanted to do it, the Democrats fought him on it.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.
Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra
You never answered the question.

If the governor refuses to lock down Like Governor Cuomo just did...what do you expect Trump to do?
I’m fine if you don’t like my plan. I gave it a few minutes of thought by myself after nailing my wife. Trump is the one who should have a plan crafted by experts but doesn’t have a clue.
'Experts' are changing their mind weekly. This is a new animal, there is no blueprint. The best plan lies somewhere between fuckit let's do nothing and OMG we need to shut down everything down until we see no new cases.
The only thing they know for sure is that the virus is spread from person to person through the air. So they are following the age old solution for an airborne epidemic, separate people and the transmission will stop. It is not an elegant solution but given time it will work.

actually the most recent inputs from the "experts" say that the airborne spread is not as likely as from contact with an infected surface. Much like the common cold or the flu.

Are you still trying out that "this is just like the flu" line? It's not.

flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

Intelligent posters read the post in context before responding to it. Care to try again? the other poster and I were discussing transmission of the virus. Neither of us said it was the same as the flu in any other way. Might be best if you went back to bed.

And yet that has been your meme. Do you now recognize that COVID is far worse than the seasonal flu?

worse in terms of mortality rate, but in terms of numbers of dead americans Flu is much worse, so are diabetes, heart disease, suicide, gang violence, car wrecks, dementia, lung diseases, and your all time favorite abortion. How about posting the abortion stats compared to corona for us? BTW, abortion has a 100% mortality rate and you fully support that.

What makes corona scary is that at the moment there is no effective proven cure or preventative, but those are coming very soon. This thing will end, relax witchey.

It is worse in every way than the common flu, Fishy. Yes, it will end, but not as soon as any of us want it to no matter how much sunshine Trump blows up your ass.
It definitely is not worse in every way than the common flu. You have to be a colossal moron or a colossal douchebag to say a thing like that.

So tell us the ways in which the flu is worse than this. See, because actual medical professionals say it is. Are you an expert in infectious diseases as well as a computer tech?

There is one important way it IS like the flu. You can reduce the spread by staying home, washing your hands and wearing a mask in public.
80,000 people died of the flu last winter, dingbat, and 100 million died of the Spanish flu.

Actual medical profossionals told us a two weeks ago that wearing a mask didn't do any good. Now they are telling us it does.
e8z91aebpdr41.jpg

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

Would you please "Get it over with" and expose your fat diseased ass to the virus so we can get the economy back up and running? Lenny would appreciate that.
You don't want the economy to get back up and running.

Tell your grandma to quit whining and hurry up and die.

STUPID SHITS WANT THE DAMN THING OVER, THEY JUST REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING TO END IT.

what more can anyone be doing to end it? Tell me, what would constitute the "end" so we could restart the economy?
The end will come when Covid 19 hospitals admissions within a state are falling and the number of new cases are falling. The governor in each state will make that decision just as they made the decision to shut down. The economy will not come back at the same time for every state and don't expect everything to open up at same time. I think it will be a couple of months before anything positive happens because the number of cases are increasing, not falling. I would not be surprised if in the Fall Covid 19 comes back accompanied by a second shutdown.

we agree, but our resident libs want it to go on for years, or at least until November

They'll do anything to prolong it till then.
So Republicans who issued stay-at-home orders are also in on this conspiracy?

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

I'm waiting for unhealthy people like you to sacrifice yourself for it. Instead of just talk. It's lennypartiv's plan.

STUPID SHITS WANT THE DAMN THING OVER, THEY JUST REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING TO END IT.

what more can anyone be doing to end it? Tell me, what would constitute the "end" so we could restart the economy?
The end will come when Covid 19 hospitals admissions within a state are falling and the number of new cases are falling. The governor in each state will make that decision just as they made the decision to shut down. The economy will not come back at the same time for every state and don't expect everything to open up at same time. I think it will be a couple of months before anything positive happens because the number of cases are increasing, not falling. I would not be surprised if in the Fall Covid 19 comes back accompanied by a second shutdown.

we agree, but our resident libs want it to go on for years, or at least until November

They're just dupes who go along to keep their jobs.

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

No.

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

I'm waiting for unhealthy people like you to sacrifice yourself for it. Instead of just talk.
Why would I "sacrifice" myself when I can't even go back to work?

I'm waiting for hypocrites like you to give up your job for the sake of grandma.

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

No.
Of course not, and there is no chance you will be unemployed, is there?

Man you sure are defensive. I hope people can go back to work asap. But work is not worth dying for.
If it's your grandma, then she can die.
If you're out of work, grocery stores and shipping warehouses are hiring.
Tell us where your income comes from., douchebag We deserve to know if you are going to tell people they can't go back to work.
You don't "deserve" shit. I already told you that my job has been deemed critical infrastructure. Critical Infrastructure Sectors | CISA

I also told you that 50% of my household income is affected by the stay at home order.

If you need work, grocery stores are hiring. My daughter just applied at Trader Joe's.
In other words, you have a government job. Your job is gauranteed, yet you are telling others to "suck it up" and survive without an income for 6 months to a year. You're a fucking douchebag.

I still have a job, thank god, but that could change if the shutdown lasts for more than a few more weeks. Anyone who wants to extend it is my enemy.

Anyone who wants Americans to die so their 401k doesn't suffer is a douchebag. Wow, Sheldon has an enemies list. Oooh, scary.

Do you want doctors or nurses to die? How about firefighters and police? Or your grocery store workers?

Why they have to risk their lives, and you don't?

I don't want them to risk their lives. I want them to have the equipment they need to do their jobs. My job is requiring me to be in the office several times a week. It is considered critical infrastructure and an essential service just like police and fire. I too do not have the proper equipment to keep me and my staff safe but we still go in and do our jobs.

If you are at home, you are not essential. Your job could most likely be done by dozens of others.
By "working from home", you're just earning money without risking to be infected. I agree, there are jobs that can be done remotely.

My job partially can be done that way. I can design automation system anywhere where I can fire up my laptop. But I cant debug the system, tune it, make sure it runs flawlessly without being on site. I still work on programs, however, if factories do not open for me to bring my systems in, and if there are no new orders for me to design and program, I will run out of work, which is gonna be pretty soon. I am not complaining, I have saved for rainy days, but there are many that haven't.

Although I have supplies at home for some time, I start running out of some things. Kids are at home, they're going thru the fridge and pantry like hurricane. No snack can last that long, no matter how much you have. So I have to go to the store from time to time and get fresh fruit, milk, eggs, snacks. I will make sure I distance myself from others, and use latex gloves if I have to... And than... bingo.

There are people working in stores, there are truck drivers delivering supplies to the stores, there are police cars parked nearby, gas stations are working. They all are making sure I can get food to my family. And you to yours. So here it is, why their lives are put at risk, and not yours, or soon mine?

Much of the work I do can be done from home over a secure VPN, however some cannot and I and my staff are required to be in office part of the time. And yes, essential services can be done from home. Again, my job is not just an essential service, it has been deemed critical infrastructure by DHS.

We had a saying in the Coast Guard...choose your rate, choose your fate.

People have known for centuries that staying away from sick people in an epidemic prevents the spread of disease. Since there is no way of knowing whose sick, social distancing is all we got.
Social distancing, a great way to flatten the economy.
Sounds like you are willing to sacrifice lives to save the economy.
Sounds like you are willing and eager to have everybody starving to death as a result of crashing the economy for nothing.

This is SHTF for real now. Bigger than The Great Depression and WW2.

In WW2 people had jobs and dance clubs were booming.
Liberals like Faun will complain the loudest about the economy after the china virus is defeated
It will not be "defeated" until for sure the economy cannot recover.

That's how this is going down. I don't like it, but I'm here.
It appears that libs want to sit this out for a year if they can keep getting government checks

Speaking of which I wonder if teachers and other government employees who have not been laid off will get the $1200 bucks too?

what a ripoff
Dumbfuck, Impeached Trump is handing out those checks.

face-palm-gif.278959

There you go... "impeached"

LOL

You still can't get over his acquittal, and you're butthurt. It's OK, four more years should be enough to get used to it.
Not true. I never expected anything but acquittal. And of course, not even an acquittal can wash away the stench of Impeachment.

OK, if you insist, four and half years. Sorry.

But you're right, being impeached add an asterisk (* impeached) to his name, but also to names of all that were part of that witch hunt (* traitor).

Last edited:

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

Why are you bitching about both?

Who said anything about conspiracy?

It's about right or wrong. Blindly repeating repressive measures done by CCP, "locking" healthy people in their homes, is simply wrong.

The statistics won't matter to me if I'm the one who dies ...

Oregon governor Kate Brown asked us to stay at home, restrict travel and practice social distancing ... we immediately had one of our busiest travel days in history ... so Governor Brown demanded we stay at home and then all our public places filled up with people elbow-to-elbow ... so the Governor has now ordered us to stay home, under penalty of law ...

Oregonians ... what can I say ...
Maybe she should try ordering all Oregonians to congregate in all public places elbow to elbow. Then the contrarian Oregonians would stay at home.

Get back to work!

Trump 2020

2657.jpg

No.
Of course not, and there is no chance you will be unemployed, is there?
Of course there is that chance, ya flaming fucking moron.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Does Social Distancing Matter?
This paper develops and implements a method to monetize the impact of moderate social distancing on deaths from COVID-19. Using the Ferguson et al. (2020) simulation model of COVID-19’s spread and mortality impacts in the United States, we project that 3-4 months of moderate distancing beginning in late March 2020 would save 1.7 million lives by October 1. Of the lives saved, 630,000 are due to avoided overwhelming of hospital intensive care units. Using the projected age-specific reductions in death and age-varying estimates of the United States Government’s value of a statistical life, we find that the mortality benefits of social distancing are about $8 trillion or $60,000 per US household. Roughly 90% of the monetized benefits are projected to accrue to people age 50 or older. Overall, the analysis suggests that social distancing initiatives and policies in response to the COVID-19 epidemic have substantial economic benefits.

People have known for centuries that staying away from sick people in an epidemic prevents the spread of disease. Since there is no way of knowing whose sick, social distancing is all we got.

I could agree with social distancing. I don't agree with forcing people into their homes.

History teaches us that an epidemic has never been overcome by quarantines, but only by hygienic measures. Quarantines do not protect populations in which the disease is already present, they can only save a little time, but it cannot defeat the disease itself.

Stay-at-home has been sold to the public on the basis of protecting us. After all, our leaders care about us. They have only our best interests at heart. Right? And what is more terrifying to anyone than the state of their health? None of us want to put our loved ones lives in danger. And so we become even more compliant than normal.

I think Franklin said something like, “Those who would give up liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Considering the continuous fear coming from our leaders and especially media, I don't know if any of us could feel safe. And government totalitarian response to an invisible enemy should make all of us feel demonstrably less free.

View attachment 320137
When you have no vaccine or medical treatment to stop a virus which transmits by droplets in the air from coughing, sneezing, and talking, the only action left to stop the transmission is the separation of people. Whether it works or not depends on the people or governments success at enforcing the separation.

If a society does nothing, enough people will be sicken or die thus denying the virus enough hosts to spread. This approach is dependents on the value society puts on human life.

Forum List

Back