Our Economy Can't Take This, Get it Over With

The experts you worship say the peek will be on April 12. what are citices?

I don't know what you speak about.
Neither does he.
Says the idiot who has been proven wrong 1000 times.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5
Fucking moron, the day that you prove me wrong about anything will be the first time you prove me wrong about anything.

And that chart shows we can expect about 87,000 deaths from COVID-19. And you think it's ok to kill off Americans by abandoning the recommended guidelines of social distancing because it's hurting the economy.

Are you ever not a fucking moron?

Ever???

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5
Fucking moron, the day that you prove me wrong about anything will be the first time you prove me wrong about anything.

And that chart shows we can expect about 87,000 deaths from COVID-19. And you think it's ok to kill off Americans by abandoning the recommended guidelines of social distancing because it's hurting the economy.

Ever???
ROFL! 87,000? Where does it say that on the chart, shit for brains? My estimate is more like 50,000.

Social distracting" is one thing. Shutting down the entire economy is another. You believe it's OK to drive millions of Americans into poverty by depriving them of an income.

Go fuck yourself. You're an asshole.

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???
ROFL! 87,000? Where does it say that on the chart, shit for brains? Social distracting" is one thing. Shutting down the entire economy is another. You think it's OK to drive millions of Americans into poverty by depriving them of an income.

Sadly, you can't count any higher than the total number of fingers on your hands. Everyone else can accumulate the number of dead per day, as estimated by the dashes, over then roughly 90 day period between now and the end of July.

Ever???

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???
ROFL! 87,000? Where does it say that on the chart, shit for brains? Social distracting" is one thing. Shutting down the entire economy is another. You think it's OK to drive millions of Americans into poverty by depriving them of an income.

Sadly, you can't count any higher than the total number of fingers on your hands. Everyone else can accumulate the number of dead per day, as estimated by the dashes, over then roughly 90 day period between now and the end of July.

Ever???
How did you count on a graph that doesn't have any numbers? based on the graph, I estimate that the total by April 12 will be about 25,000, and the total after will be only slightly higher.

Although the graph says the peak will be April 15, later estimates have said the peak will be April 12.

However, you were claiming we would have 120,000 deaths, weren't you?

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???

Ever???
How did you count on a graph that doesn't have any numbers? based on the graph, I estimate that the total by April 12 will be about 25,000, and the total after will be only slightly higher.

Although the graph says the peak will be April 15, later estimates have said the peak will be April 12.

"How did you count on a graph that doesn't have any numbers?"

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5.jpg

Ever???

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???

Ever???

View attachment 319882

Ever???

Whatever, dude. Even if 100,000 people die, is that worth destroying our economy? A better way to look at this is to look at the amount of money lost rather than how many people will die from covid19. It's far easier to replace people than it is to replace money once it's lost. If anything, the people who will die from this are older folks and those with compromised immune systems. Those sick and elderly people cost our economy lots of money every year. Lots of cost savings if we let this run its course. For every life we save we're losing tens of millions dollars. Is that really worth it? Most real Americans would say no, and they would gladly sacrifice themselves as their patriotic duty if that's what it takes to keep our county moving forward. No ones life, not yours, not your parents, not your grandparents, not your kids, and not your spouses life is worth the costs of keeping them from getting this flu. It's time to stop being selfish and start thinking about the bigger the picture. I am tired of having to explain this to people. Yes, if I had a my way then we wouldn't have closed down the economy at all, and instead would have encouraged people to socially mingle. Sure we would be seeing a few million people die from this, but we would be better off in the long run. And no, the hospitals would be fine because instead of trying to "save" these people we should be giving them palliative care until they expire.

Sadly this country is full of selfish entitled liberals who think their immediate well-being should take priority to our economy. If these cowards who are hiding in their homes were around during WW2, then we'd all be speaking Japanese or Russian right now.

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???

Ever???

View attachment 319882

Ever???

Whatever, dude. Even if 100,000 people die, is that worth destroying our economy? A better way to look at this is to look at the amount of money lost rather than how many people will die from covid19. It's far easier to replace people than it is to replace money once it's lost. If anything, the people who will die from this are older folks and those with compromised immune systems. Those sick and elderly people cost our economy lots of money every year. Lots of cost savings if we let this run its course. For every life we save we're losing tens of millions dollars. Is that really worth it? Most real Americans would say no, and they would gladly sacrifice themselves as their patriotic duty if that's what it takes to keep our county moving forward. No ones life, not yours, not your parents, not your grandparents, not your kids, and not your spouses life is worth the costs of keeping them from getting this flu. It's time to stop being selfish and start thinking about the bigger the picture. I am tired of having to explain this to people. Yes, if I had a my way then we wouldn't have closed down the economy at all, and instead would have encouraged people to socially mingle. Sure we would be seeing a few million people die from this, but we would be better off in the long run. And no, the hospitals would be fine because instead of trying to "save" these people we should be giving them palliative care until they expire.

Sadly this country is full of selfish entitled liberals who think their immediate well-being should take priority to our economy. If these cowards who are hiding in their homes were around during WW2, then we'd all be speaking Japanese or Russian right now.
LOLOL

And by "selfish entitled liberals," you mean folks who want to save 100,000 lives. :eusa_doh:

And is Impeached Trump a "selfish entitled liberals?" He too is promoting this lock down. How about any of the Republican governors from the red states below who issued a lock down. Just more "selfish entitled liberals," right? And what about other countries that are on lock down? Just more "selfish entitled liberals?"

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5.jpg

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

Ever???

Ever???

View attachment 319882

Ever???

Within a year or so the economy will be stronger than it is now and the sacrifices would be well worth saving 100,000 lives. Just to put this figure in perspective, it is more than all American lives lost in combat in all military engagements since WWII. People toss these numbers around like they're nothing but the fact is everyone of them is a real person with a family, friends, and a member of a community.

Neither does he.

Always when I read such a statement, as you gave here, I ask myselve: Are all US-Americans idiots? ... Is this everything what you are able to stammer after 13.8 billion years history of the universe? Noli me tangere (better to say: mē mou haptou), if you have nothing to say what's essential in times of Corona. When you don't start to think and to feel now - when will you start to do so, lost child in time? How long do you like to live in your wrong deadly stereotypes and cliches?

Last edited:

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

You have here a nice picture - that's all. You don't know what you see there. You don't know what it means. In general: Future is a nearly unknown land - clearly the own death lives somewhere in the future. But life before death is now. And you close your eyes and trust in a liar, who lead your country in a disaster. Trump has your solidarity - that's okay: He is a human being and part of a risiko group - but whoelse needs your solidarity, your brotherly love? Clear answer in time of Easter: Everyone who is suffering under the cross Corona now. So save your own damned ass and and stay at home - don't infect others - and let others not infect you. And don't tell anyone he has to do nothing because everything will be fine, everything is great - nothing has to be done - except to have to destroy all enemies (=the rest of the world). It works not the formula destroy Russia, destroy China, destroy the Iran, destroy Europe, destroy Mexico, destroy, destroy, destroy ... and when the first real enemy appears - Corona - then do nothing and wait for a "herd immunity". How mad is this? Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight against this damned virus. There are many ways to protect people. For example transparent plastic shields in front of the face are a good idea. If you do something - even when this means to do nothing instead to do what's wrong - then you will perhaps be able to see the "lucky" future of this picture and not a much greater disaster.

This picture says: 1000-3500 people will die 12th of April, when the author had the right ideas and he bases on correct facts. Let's hope for the best. A sad Easter sunday it will be without any doubt for many people all over the world.

Oh by the way: When I go into a church I often lighten three candles. One for me - one for the people I know - and one for the people I do not know. Specially in frustrating times this helps. I hope it helps others too to bring their real prayers to the Lord - even if they don't know where to pray or what to pray.

Last edited:

Neither does he.

5e8477392d654f72582e57f5

You have here a nice picture - that's all. You don't know what you see there. You don't know what it means. In general: Future is a nearly unknown land - clearly the own death lives somewhere in the future. But life is now. And you close your eyes and trust in a liar, who lead your country in a disaster. Trump has your solidarity - that's okay: He is a human being and part of a risiko group - but whoelse needs your solidarity? Clear answer in time of Easter: Everyone who is suffering under the cross Corona now. So save your own damned ass and and stay at home - don't infect others - and let not others not infect you. And don't tell anyone he has to do nothing because everything will be fine, everything is great - nothing has to be done - except to have to destroy all enemies (=the rest of the world). It worksnot the formula destroy Russia, destroy China, destroy the Iran, destroy Europe, destroy, destroy, destroy, ... and when the first real enemy appears - Corona - then do nortgin nd waot fro a "herd immunity". How mad is this? Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight agsint thsiu mdmaen frois. The you will perhaps be able to see this "lucky" future and not a much greater disaster.
You must be using a translator because a lot of your post doesn't make any sense.

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

So stick that in your partisan pipe and smoke it.
Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.
If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

Trump wanted to do it, the Democrats fought him on it.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.
Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra
You never answered the question.

If the governor refuses to lock down Like Governor Cuomo just did...what do you expect Trump to do?
I’m fine if you don’t like my plan. I gave it a few minutes of thought by myself after nailing my wife. Trump is the one who should have a plan crafted by experts but doesn’t have a clue.
'Experts' are changing their mind weekly. This is a new animal, there is no blueprint. The best plan lies somewhere between fuckit let's do nothing and OMG we need to shut down everything down until we see no new cases.
The only thing they know for sure is that the virus is spread from person to person through the air. So they are following the age old solution for an airborne epidemic, separate people and the transmission will stop. It is not an elegant solution but given time it will work.

actually the most recent inputs from the "experts" say that the airborne spread is not as likely as from contact with an infected surface. Much like the common cold or the flu.

Are you still trying out that "this is just like the flu" line? It's not.

flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

Intelligent posters read the post in context before responding to it. Care to try again? the other poster and I were discussing transmission of the virus. Neither of us said it was the same as the flu in any other way. Might be best if you went back to bed.

And yet that has been your meme. Do you now recognize that COVID is far worse than the seasonal flu?

worse in terms of mortality rate, but in terms of numbers of dead americans Flu is much worse, so are diabetes, heart disease, suicide, gang violence, car wrecks, dementia, lung diseases, and your all time favorite abortion. How about posting the abortion stats compared to corona for us? BTW, abortion has a 100% mortality rate and you fully support that.

What makes corona scary is that at the moment there is no effective proven cure or preventative, but those are coming very soon. This thing will end, relax witchey.

It is worse in every way than the common flu, Fishy. Yes, it will end, but not as soon as any of us want it to no matter how much sunshine Trump blows up your ass.
It definitely is not worse in every way than the common flu. You have to be a colossal moron or a colossal douchebag to say a thing like that.

So tell us the ways in which the flu is worse than this. See, because actual medical professionals say it is. Are you an expert in infectious diseases as well as a computer tech?

There is one important way it IS like the flu. You can reduce the spread by staying home, washing your hands and wearing a mask in public.
80,000 people died of the flu last winter, dingbat, and 100 million died of the Spanish flu.

Actual medical profossionals told us a two weeks ago that wearing a mask didn't do any good. Now they are telling us it does.

In one year 80,000 died? It is only April, you mouth breathing inbred and COVID has killed 70,000. The Spanish Flu occurred a century ago.

Wear the fucking mask and stay home....or go volunteer at a hospital.
80,000 would be a really bad year in the US for the flu. 30,000 is a good year. The 70k number you used for corona is worldwide not US, however we are at 10,000 in a month so on pace to 120,000+... or maybe 2M depending on who you ask.

don't confuse seatwitch with facts, her little mind is make up and it might implode if faced with too much truth.

What "truth" is that, Fishy? You never answered the question. Do you now admit COVID is worse than the seasonal flu?

Okay, so you're proving my point. It's far too soon to lift any of the stay at home orders. We need to flatten our very steep rise. More tests would help with that.
So you don't trust that Cuomo and Newsom can flatten the curve?

I thought Cuomo has a chance because he cares. Those tearful eyes looked so real.

But then I realized I was completely fooled, he's in pain because he pierced his nipples.

1585617503586.jpg

@bripat9643

10000/8000 = factor 1.25

(-1) 8,000
(0) 10,000

(1) 12,500
(2) 15,625
(3) 19,531
(4) 24,414
(6) 30,517
(7) 38,146

In 30 days (1,25^30*10,000) : ~ 8,000,000

And now start to read and try to understand what I said to you. Leave your wrong way. Start to think serios about serios problems. It's idiotic first to have an answer and then to try to convince everyone from this answer, while the world is doing completelly other things and follows not the own senseless rules. You are counterproductive.

In 30 days 8 million US-Americans will not be dead - it will be less people. But this will not come so, because many people fight Corona and don't dream of a "herd immunity" = "to do nothing". Stay at home - don't infect others, let not infect you. And don't speak nonsense. Most of your answers are short, clear, impertinent, defaming and wrong.

Last edited:
Does Social Distancing Matter?
This paper develops and implements a method to monetize the impact of moderate social distancing on deaths from COVID-19. Using the Ferguson et al. (2020) simulation model of COVID-19’s spread and mortality impacts in the United States, we project that 3-4 months of moderate distancing beginning in late March 2020 would save 1.7 million lives by October 1. Of the lives saved, 630,000 are due to avoided overwhelming of hospital intensive care units. Using the projected age-specific reductions in death and age-varying estimates of the United States Government’s value of a statistical life, we find that the mortality benefits of social distancing are about $8 trillion or $60,000 per US household. Roughly 90% of the monetized benefits are projected to accrue to people age 50 or older. Overall, the analysis suggests that social distancing initiatives and policies in response to the COVID-19 epidemic have substantial economic benefits.

People have known for centuries that staying away from sick people in an epidemic prevents the spread of disease. Since there is no way of knowing whose sick, social distancing is all we got.

I could agree with social distancing. I don't agree with forcing people into their homes.

History teaches us that an epidemic has never been overcome by quarantines, but only by hygienic measures. Quarantines do not protect populations in which the disease is already present, they can only save a little time, but it cannot defeat the disease itself.

Stay-at-home has been sold to the public on the basis of protecting us. After all, our leaders care about us. They have only our best interests at heart. Right? And what is more terrifying to anyone than the state of their health? None of us want to put our loved ones lives in danger. And so we become even more compliant than normal.

I think Franklin said something like, “Those who would give up liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Considering the continuous fear coming from our leaders and especially media, I don't know if any of us could feel safe. And government totalitarian response to an invisible enemy should make all of us feel demonstrably less free.

1585612743497.jpg

People have known for centuries that staying away from sick people in an epidemic prevents the spread of disease. Since there is no way of knowing whose sick, social distancing is all we got.
Social distancing, a great way to flatten the economy.
Sounds like you are willing to sacrifice lives to save the economy.

Sounds like you are placing too much faith that government is responsible for your well being and safety.

I don't, because people themselves are primarily responsible for their own safety.

Democrats are very well aware that bad economy hurts Trump's reelection chances, so does Trump, and that's why he signed that ridiculous stimulus package. They would love to shut down whole country completely, which is typical for herd mentality. We're not communist China, although most of you on the left would like us to be. Our Constitution ensures that the citizen’s rights are protected, and as usually, Democrats don't care about rights or the Constitution.

I read in several threads praise how Barry handled swine flu outbreak, although 12,400 people died from it. But that is not point. Point is that we did not shut the economy. Or another example, back in 1957 when we had half of population we have today, some 116,000 Americans died from Asian flu, but life and economy continued as normal, and nobody demanded from government to shut down the country. Today we have another outbreak, and soyboys hide under their beds demanding government control.

Social distancing, a great way to flatten the economy.
Sounds like you are willing to sacrifice lives to save the economy.
Sounds like you are willing and eager to have everybody starving to death as a result of crashing the economy for nothing.

This is SHTF for real now. Bigger than The Great Depression and WW2.

In WW2 people had jobs and dance clubs were booming.
Liberals like Faun will complain the loudest about the economy after the china virus is defeated
It will not be "defeated" until for sure the economy cannot recover.

That's how this is going down. I don't like it, but I'm here.
It appears that libs want to sit this out for a year if they can keep getting government checks

Speaking of which I wonder if teachers and other government employees who have not been laid off will get the $1200 bucks too?

what a ripoff
Dumbfuck, Impeached Trump is handing out those checks.

face-palm-gif.278959

There you go... "impeached"

LOL

You still can't get over his acquittal, and you're butthurt. It's OK, four more years should be enough to get used to it.

Forum List

Back