Our Economy Can't Take This, Get it Over With

STUPID SHITS WANT THE DAMN THING OVER, THEY JUST REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING TO END IT.

what more can anyone be doing to end it? Tell me, what would constitute the "end" so we could restart the economy?
The end will come when Covid 19 hospitals admissions within a state are falling and the number of new cases are falling. The governor in each state will make that decision just as they made the decision to shut down. The economy will not come back at the same time for every state and don't expect everything to open up at same time. I think it will be a couple of months before anything positive happens because the number of cases are increasing, not falling. I would not be surprised if in the Fall Covid 19 comes back accompanied by a second shutdown.

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

So stick that in your partisan pipe and smoke it.
Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.
If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

Trump wanted to do it, the Democrats fought him on it.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.
Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra
You never answered the question.

If the governor refuses to lock down Like Governor Cuomo just did...what do you expect Trump to do?
I’m fine if you don’t like my plan. I gave it a few minutes of thought by myself after nailing my wife. Trump is the one who should have a plan crafted by experts but doesn’t have a clue.
'Experts' are changing their mind weekly. This is a new animal, there is no blueprint. The best plan lies somewhere between fuckit let's do nothing and OMG we need to shut down everything down until we see no new cases.
The only thing they know for sure is that the virus is spread from person to person through the air. So they are following the age old solution for an airborne epidemic, separate people and the transmission will stop. It is not an elegant solution but given time it will work.

Anyone who has filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return or receives Social Security payments automatically deposited should have money in their bank account in April.
Thats sounds good

and for the sake of all the grasshoppers who didnt save for a rainy day lets hope it turns out that way

but I wouldnt bet on it if I were you

STUPID SHITS WANT THE DAMN THING OVER, THEY JUST REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING TO END IT.

what more can anyone be doing to end it? Tell me, what would constitute the "end" so we could restart the economy?
The end will come when Covid 19 hospitals admissions within a state are falling and the number of new cases are falling. The governor in each state will make that decision just as they made the decision to shut down. The economy will not come back at the same time for every state and don't expect everything to open up at same time. I think it will be a couple of months before anything positive happens because the number of cases are increasing, not falling. I would not be surprised if in the Fall Covid 19 comes back accompanied by a second shutdown.

we agree, but our resident libs want it to go on for years, or at least until November

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.
If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.
Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra

If the governor refuses to lock down Like Governor Cuomo just did...what do you expect Trump to do?
I’m fine if you don’t like my plan. I gave it a few minutes of thought by myself after nailing my wife. Trump is the one who should have a plan crafted by experts but doesn’t have a clue.
'Experts' are changing their mind weekly. This is a new animal, there is no blueprint. The best plan lies somewhere between fuckit let's do nothing and OMG we need to shut down everything down until we see no new cases.
The only thing they know for sure is that the virus is spread from person to person through the air. So they are following the age old solution for an airborne epidemic, separate people and the transmission will stop. It is not an elegant solution but given time it will work.

actually the most recent inputs from the "experts" say that the airborne spread is not as likely as from contact with an infected surface. Much like the common cold or the flu.

Anyone who has filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return or receives Social Security payments automatically deposited should have money in their bank account in April.
Thats sounds good

and for the sake of all the grasshoppers who didnt save for a rainy day lets hope it turns out that way

but I wouldnt bet on it if I were you

why do you think the money won't be in everyone's hands this month?

actually the most recent inputs from the "experts" say that the airborne spread is not as likely as from contact with an infected surface. Much like the common cold or the flu.

Are you still trying out that "this is just like the flu" line? It's not.

flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

Intelligent posters read the post in context before responding to it. Care to try again? the other poster and I were discussing transmission of the virus. Neither of us said it was the same as the flu in any other way. Might be best if you went back to bed.

Intelligent posters read the post in context before responding to it. Care to try again? the other poster and I were discussing transmission of the virus. Neither of us said it was the same as the flu in any other way. Might be best if you went back to bed.

And yet that has been your meme. Do you now recognize that COVID is far worse than the seasonal flu?

And yet that has been your meme. Do you now recognize that COVID is far worse than the seasonal flu?

worse in terms of mortality rate, but in terms of numbers of dead americans Flu is much worse, so are diabetes, heart disease, suicide, gang violence, car wrecks, dementia, lung diseases, and your all time favorite abortion. How about posting the abortion stats compared to corona for us? BTW, abortion has a 100% mortality rate and you fully support that.

What makes corona scary is that at the moment there is no effective proven cure or preventative, but those are coming very soon. This thing will end, relax witchey.

It didn't take long for you to adopt the new Trump narrative. Which is basically, "We can't jeopardize my re-election for the sake of thousands of lives."
It didn't take liberals long to decide they'd welcome an economic depression with open arms if it helped them in the election.
You didn't answer the question.

How many lives are you personally willing to sacrifice for Trump? Give us a hard number. Which of your relatives or loved ones will you give over to the virus?
How many people are you willing to destroy financially so Biden can win?

Take your balls out of your purse and answer the question. How many lives? A million? Two? What's the number? The USA is already number one in cases. Shall we all pour out on the street and really blow those numbers out of the water? What do you think THAT will do to the economy?

40,000 people a year die in car crashes. Year after year. Decade after decade. Cornonavirus cant touch that. More people will die in a day from auto accidents than the china virus in a year. Look at the effect on the economy...40,000 deaths. Surely shutting down all road transportation would be better wouldn't it? So how many lives are you willing to sacrifice so we can keep driving?

---When stores and stadiums are empty and our cities look like ghost towns, consumer spending—the lifeblood of the economy—will lessen by hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. The implosion in spending will lead to millions of fewer jobs, to even less spending—a downward spiral with no obvious end in sight.---

Just do what our moms did when one kid had chicken pox, expose it to everyone and get it over with. We can't afford to let Democrats ruin our economy.

You seem to think whether someone is a democrat or a republican makes a difference for the economy for dead people. I hope I will see all my customers alive. I hate death and destruction. Sure it is not easy now for many people worldwide - it's like a natural catastrophe all over the planet - but one thing I know for sure: Economy will not die. Life will go on. But after this catastrope it will be good to be able to take a look into a mirror and not to see the face of a stranger. So be yourselve, how god thought you - and be not what the world makes with you. Help your people - fight for life. Save the ass of democrats as well as the ass of republicans or any other ass of anyone else - and don't forget to save your own ass. Only who is alive is able to help others. This will save also all customers, who you and others will need for your and their business - whatever this business will be now - whatever this business will be tomorrow or in ten or hundred years. Life first.

And please: Don't be stupid. "Chicken pox" - how idiotic to compare this method of vaccination with a dangerous deadly pandemic. More than 550,000 infected people in the EU including Britain and more than 45,000 died there on covid-19. More than 300,000 infections in the USA - more than 8,000 dead people. And that's only the begin. It's not over yet.

Last edited:
We used to quarantine sick people. Now we quarantine people who are not sick. Welcome to Utopia.

A wrong way to think. In worst case someone, who shows not any symptom of covid-19, is able to infect many others. And this starts a big series of infections which starts a big series of infections and so on. The result: overload. No one will be able to help others any longer and the USA will sink down in a total chaos with many many victims. Everything is always able to be much more worse. Nature will teach you this, if you don't learn it on your own now immediatelly - without experience, without prove. The only "utopia" Sir Thomas More would tell you now is: Trust in god. What you need now is discipline, a clear mind and a loving heart. Then you will find the best of all possible ways for you and the people all around you. Listen to your governers and the medical experts of your country. Don't do crazy things. Infect no one. Take care not to become infected.

Herd immunity is the solution.

Herd immunity is the solution.

And what do you call "herd immunity"? Everyone who is part of a risk group has to die, so you are able to have a nice life with their money?

A natural herd immunity will come, when we do not find first specialized medicaments and/or a good vaccine. But this herd immunity has to come slow - otherwise the health care systems will have no ressources to help the people. To slow down the number of infections is most important in the moment. When 1 person is infecting less than one other person the pandemy will slowly die. If it are more the pandemy will grow exponentially. It were partially 4-6 people - what will lead without any doubt to a murderous chaos.

Last edited:
we've done, I think, on average, really phenomenally as a country. I think we've done phenomenally

we've done, I think, on average, really phenomenally as a country. I think we've done phenomenally
And? Do no people die any longer because of the Corona virus?

nah , everything is peachie

And? Do no people die any longer because of the Corona virus?

nah , everything is peachie

Everything is what? ... Hmmmm ... ¿¿¿???

Forum List

Back