Our Economy Can't Take This, Get it Over With

Unemployment is going to skyrocket and a record number of businesses, mostly restaurants and hair salons and small one-off clothing stores, are going to permanently close. This $2.2T package isn't going to save us but it will soften the hit.

Unemployment is going to skyrocket and a record number of businesses, mostly restaurants and hair salons and small one-off clothing stores, are going to permanently close. This $2.2T package isn't going to save us but it will soften the hit.

Yeah, it is going to be painful.

Yeah, it is going to be painful.

Then someone said beep and muffle but that didn't help either, actually made things worse.

Done right it can save those businesses (an mine) Are you not confident that Trump can get it done right?

---When stores and stadiums are empty and our cities look like ghost towns, consumer spending—the lifeblood of the economy—will lessen by hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. The implosion in spending will lead to millions of fewer jobs, to even less spending—a downward spiral with no obvious end in sight.---

Just do what our moms did when one kid had chicken pox, expose it to everyone and get it over with. We can't afford to let Democrats ruin our economy.

How many lives are you personally willing to sacrifice for Trump? Give us a hard number. Which of your relatives or loved ones will you give over to appease your god?

I'm not too concerned about yours.
Well, thats what makes me a liberal and you a Trump sucking psychophant. I DO care about yours even when you apparently don't.

Could you not?

No. I will continue to care about others, even you and your family. I sincerely hope you are staying safe, maintaining safe distances, staying home and washing your hands frequently.

Wash your hands like you just got done cutting jalapenos and are about to take your contacts out!
You don't seem to care if anyone goes bankrupt and can no longer afford a roof over their heads or food on the table.

Of course I do...I just care more that they are alive to worry about it.
Horseshit. You would send this economy into a Great Depression and watch thousands of people starve if that would help you defeat Trump.
You are projecting. I don't give a shit about Trump. I would happily give him four more years if not another American had to die of this virus. You, on the other hand, are more than willing to sacrifice thousands of lives because you know the economy was all he had.
yeah, right, you would give him 4 more years if the sun came up in the West instead of the East. You aren't convincing, douchebag. A few thaousand people are going to die no matter what Trump does.

I've asked you turds several times when this shutdown is supposed to end. None of you gives an answer. We all know that's because you want it to continue until the economy is destroyed. How many Americans do you suppose support such a policy?

When do you propose to end the shutdown?
It ends when we flatten the curve.
How will that be determined? How do you know we haven't done that already?

We haven't. China is working on it.

21112.jpeg
In other words, you don't have a fucking clue.
We doubled the number of deaths, what, overnight? We are not flattering the curve.
"Not now" is not an answer to the question.
The virus doesn't give us a timeline. Very rude of it, I know. Not now is the only answer that can be given right now. Give it a couple of weeks. Do it too soon and we will have to do this all over again. The economy can recover, even quickly. It won't if we lift the stay at home orders too soon and a bunch more people get sick. I know, it's hard but we will get through it.
So you're admitting you have no way of telling when it's time to end the lock out? You just conceded my point, moron.

we need to restore FS (Fiscal Sanity) through a BBA (Balanced Budget Amendment)

see how nice i am? i explain the economic jargon to all you simplefolk

---When stores and stadiums are empty and our cities look like ghost towns, consumer spending—the lifeblood of the economy—will lessen by hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. The implosion in spending will lead to millions of fewer jobs, to even less spending—a downward spiral with no obvious end in sight.---

Just do what our moms did when one kid had chicken pox, expose it to everyone and get it over with. We can't afford to let Democrats ruin our economy.

trump and you followers of trump should have thought about that back in January when trump was warned about this but did nothing. Actually he did worse than nothing, he denied it was even happening, called it all a hoax, vilified anyone who tried to tell the truth and even told people that they could go to work if they have the virus.

Now you're crying over the consequences of trump's very bad choices and irresponsibility.

No the answer isn't to expose everyone to this. It will kill more people and make our medical system even more damaged,

What is wrong with you people? You deny it was even happening. Now that you're inconvenienced by it all you make stupid statements just so you can have your instant gratification.

Grow up, take responsibility for your actions. Act like an adult. If you didn't want this to happen you should have listened to the people you vilified for 2 months when we tried to warn you.
You say we should just get over with it. Returning the country to normalcy and just letting the virus run it's course means getting the immunity level of the population to 60% to 80%. Without a vaccine, that could mean over 50 million cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Get over what?

No I don't advocate that we allow the population to get it. Thousands of innocent people will die needlessly. In fact, today the first infant died of it.

What makes you think I advocate people get over something?

the number of healthy people of all ages who have died from this is tiny. Virtually all deaths attributed to the virus have been people with other serious health conditions. According to the CDC, 80% of people who get it will have minor or no symptoms and 98% will survive.

Its not the end of the world. but you want to destroy our great economy because of it. Sorry, but thats just dumb
What you're not looking at is the growth rate of new cases. In an epidemic, you look forward not backwards. According epidemiologists when 60% to 80% of the population is immune, the virus will die out. If we just ignore the virus and go back to work and open the schools, we could be looking at a death toll as high as of 2% of 80% of the population or 5 million deaths. A quick economy recovery is not worth the possibly of loss of life in the millions or event a 100,000.

There is a way to protect against the spread of the virus and also get people back to work and that's antibody testing. There is no reason to keep people that have an immunity to the virus at home. They could back to work without increasing risk of infection.

trump and you followers of trump should have thought about that back in January when trump was warned about this but did nothing. Actually he did worse than nothing, he denied it was even happening, called it all a hoax, vilified anyone who tried to tell the truth and even told people that they could go to work if they have the virus.

Now you're crying over the consequences of trump's very bad choices and irresponsibility.

No the answer isn't to expose everyone to this. It will kill more people and make our medical system even more damaged,

What is wrong with you people? You deny it was even happening. Now that you're inconvenienced by it all you make stupid statements just so you can have your instant gratification.

Grow up, take responsibility for your actions. Act like an adult. If you didn't want this to happen you should have listened to the people you vilified for 2 months when we tried to warn you.
You say we should just get over with it. Returning the country to normalcy and just letting the virus run it's course means getting the immunity level of the population to 60% to 80%. Without a vaccine, that could mean over 50 million cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Get over what?

No I don't advocate that we allow the population to get it. Thousands of innocent people will die needlessly. In fact, today the first infant died of it.

What makes you think I advocate people get over something?

the number of healthy people of all ages who have died from this is tiny. Virtually all deaths attributed to the virus have been people with other serious health conditions. According to the CDC, 80% of people who get it will have minor or no symptoms and 98% will survive.

Its not the end of the world. but you want to destroy our great economy because of it. Sorry, but thats just dumb
What you're not looking at is the growth rate of new cases. In an epidemic, you forward not backwards. According epidemiologists when 60% to 80% of the population is immune, the virus will die out. If we just ignore the virus and go back to work and open the schools, we could be looking at a death toll as high as of 2% of 80% to of the population or 5 million deaths. A quick economy recovery is not worth the possibly of loss of life in the millions or event a 100,000.

There is a way to protect against the spread of the virus and also get people back to work and that's antibody testing. There is no reason to keep people that have an immunity to the virus at home. They could back to work without increasing risk of infection.
60 million people got the Swine flu - less than 20% of the population. There seems to be a problem with your theory. The actual mortality rate is only about 0.2%, or less. That comes to 120,000 deaths, at most. However, I would say that's grossly exaggerated. Our ultimate number of cases will be far lower than 60 million since we are under quarantine. I would be surprised if the total goes over 5 million. That means about 10,000 deaths.

Forum List

Back