Our Economy Can't Take This, Get it Over With

---When stores and stadiums are empty and our cities look like ghost towns, consumer spending—the lifeblood of the economy—will lessen by hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. The implosion in spending will lead to millions of fewer jobs, to even less spending—a downward spiral with no obvious end in sight.---

Just do what our moms did when one kid had chicken pox, expose it to everyone and get it over with. We can't afford to let Democrats ruin our economy.

How many lives are you personally willing to sacrifice for Trump? Give us a hard number. Which of your relatives or loved ones will you give over to appease your god?

I'm not too concerned about yours.
Well, thats what makes me a liberal and you a Trump sucking psychophant. I DO care about yours even when you apparently don't.

Could you not?

No. I will continue to care about others, even you and your family. I sincerely hope you are staying safe, maintaining safe distances, staying home and washing your hands frequently.

Wash your hands like you just got done cutting jalapenos and are about to take your contacts out!
You don't seem to care if anyone goes bankrupt and can no longer afford a roof over their heads or food on the table.

Of course I do...I just care more that they are alive to worry about it.
Horseshit. You would send this economy into a Great Depression and watch thousands of people starve if that would help you defeat Trump.
You are projecting. I don't give a shit about Trump. I would happily give him four more years if not another American had to die of this virus. You, on the other hand, are more than willing to sacrifice thousands of lives because you know the economy was all he had.
yeah, right, you would give him 4 more years if the sun came up in the West instead of the East. You aren't convincing, douchebag. A few thaousand people are going to die no matter what Trump does.

I've asked you turds several times when this shutdown is supposed to end. None of you gives an answer. We all know that's because you want it to continue until the economy is destroyed. How many Americans do you suppose support such a policy?

When do you propose to end the shutdown?

---When stores and stadiums are empty and our cities look like ghost towns, consumer spending—the lifeblood of the economy—will lessen by hundreds of billions if not trillions of dollars. The implosion in spending will lead to millions of fewer jobs, to even less spending—a downward spiral with no obvious end in sight.---

Just do what our moms did when one kid had chicken pox, expose it to everyone and get it over with. We can't afford to let Democrats ruin our economy.

How many lives are you personally willing to sacrifice for Trump? Give us a hard number. Which of your relatives or loved ones will you give over to appease your god?

Well, thats what makes me a liberal and you a Trump sucking psychophant. I DO care about yours even when you apparently don't.

Could you not?

No. I will continue to care about others, even you and your family. I sincerely hope you are staying safe, maintaining safe distances, staying home and washing your hands frequently.

Wash your hands like you just got done cutting jalapenos and are about to take your contacts out!
You don't seem to care if anyone goes bankrupt and can no longer afford a roof over their heads or food on the table.

Horseshit. You would send this economy into a Great Depression and watch thousands of people starve if that would help you defeat Trump.
You are projecting. I don't give a shit about Trump. I would happily give him four more years if not another American had to die of this virus. You, on the other hand, are more than willing to sacrifice thousands of lives because you know the economy was all he had.
yeah, right, you would give him 4 more years if the sun came up in the West instead of the East. You aren't convincing, douchebag. A few thaousand people are going to die no matter what Trump does.

I've asked you turds several times when this shutdown is supposed to end. None of you gives an answer. We all know that's because you want it to continue until the economy is destroyed. How many Americans do you suppose support such a policy?

It ends when we flatten the curve.

Could you not?

How will that be determined? How do you know we haven't done that already?

Last edited:

trump and you followers of trump should have thought about that back in January when trump was warned about this but did nothing. Actually he did worse than nothing, he denied it was even happening, called it all a hoax, vilified anyone who tried to tell the truth and even told people that they could go to work if they have the virus.

Now you're crying over the consequences of trump's very bad choices and irresponsibility.

No the answer isn't to expose everyone to this. It will kill more people and make our medical system even more damaged,

What is wrong with you people? You deny it was even happening. Now that you're inconvenienced by it all you make stupid statements just so you can have your instant gratification.

Grow up, take responsibility for your actions. Act like an adult. If you didn't want this to happen you should have listened to the people you vilified for 2 months when we tried to warn you.
You say we should just get over with it. Returning the country to normalcy and just letting the virus run it's course means getting the immunity level of the population to 60% to 80%. Without a vaccine, that could mean over 50 million cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Get over what?

No I don't advocate that we allow the population to get it. Thousands of innocent people will die needlessly. In fact, today the first infant died of it.

What makes you think I advocate people get over something?

the number of healthy people of all ages who have died from this is tiny. Virtually all deaths attributed to the virus have been people with other serious health conditions. According to the CDC, 80% of people who get it will have minor or no symptoms and 98% will survive.

Its not the end of the world. but you want to destroy our great economy because of it. Sorry, but thats just dumb

That is one twisted, fucked up "argument" you have. " Most people who die from COVID are old or have an underlying condition so screw 'em ".

Do you know anyone with asthma, fish? That's an "underlying condition" that makes someone more prone to DYING from this disease . You're okay to let them die just so Trump can tout a "great economy"? You don't have any loved ones over 60?

Letting thousands of Americans die for an economy that WILL recover isn't just dumb, it's unconscionable.

I never said "so screw em". and yes I have family members with asthma, I know exactly what it does and we have advised those family members to isolate themselves until this thing is over.

You have twisted my words and ignored my point. but thats what libs do, so no surprise there.

what a fricken stupid thing to say. and coming from the party that supports the killing of millions of unborn humans every year (and the vast majority of them are minority children) the party of tolerance , right?

90% of people who get corona will either not know they have it or will have very mild symptoms. Those who die are those who have other major health issues or compromised immune systems.

tell us, how many of those people would have died anyway? don't know do you? But to get an accurate count of the corona mortality rate we need that number.
We need to take the remains from some of those who pass on with health issues and study the heck out of their bodies for reasons beyond the known.

And when it turns out they died because they caught this virus? What will your excuse be then? Why not just accept that this is a deadly disease that is overwhelming our healthcare system?

because it isn't any of those things. It is not the bubonic plague, it isn't common flu, it isn't measles or chicken pox, or whooping cough. It is a virus with a mortality rate similar to the common flu that takes millions of people every year.

the overreaction and panic is much more dangerous than the virus.

Hospitals are only having issues in NYC and some parts of Cal and Washington state. The government has sent the hospital ships and is building new medical facilities in those places.

shutting down the economy will cause many more deaths than this chinese virus.
It is nothing like the flu. The flu does not overwhelm hospitals with critically ill patients. We are acting (far too slowly) not overreacting.

No, shutting down the economy is not going to kill more people than the virus. That's a ludicrous statement. Here are some actual facts, not lies spewed by Trump.

It is difficult to disaggregate the impact of an economic downturn on health and mortality from other factors. Those who become unemployed do tend to have higher levels of depression and bad health. But for the general population, studies have found that death rates from other causes — cardiovascular disease, respiratory diseases, and traffic and industrial injuries — were either unchanged or actually decreased.
For example, a 2012 study found that suicides did increase during the Depression of the 1930s, but the death rate for car accidents decreased and no significant effects were observed for 30 other causes of death in the United States. A 2009 study found that mortality actually decreased across almost all ages during the Depression. Researchers last year also found that mortality rates overall declined from 2005 to 2010, a period that covered the deep recession that ran from late 2007 through mid-2009.

And, no, little fish, it's not just NY and CA that are having issues with finding enough ICU beds, ventilators, PPE or tests...It's America. Americans are dying. Not liberals or conservatives. Not Democrats or Republicans. Americans.
You want to have another great depression? Really? You must be on a government pension. No one could be this big of an asshole.
No, I do not, but I also do not want thousands of Americans to die for the economy. If I had to choose a Depression or thousands of Americans dying from COVID, I choose a Depression. We can recover from a Depression, these people can't get their loved ones back.

You do understand people will die in a depression also, so as you saved those lives from the virus you are sacrificing others at the same time.

Millions will lose their homes, jobs and so on which leads to higher crime and war during a World Wide Depression...

Maybe that is your end goal is wanting a War?

You do understand that I have already provided the data debunking that claim.

It is difficult to disaggregate the impact of an economic downturn on health and mortality from other factors. Those who become unemployed do tend to have higher levels of depression and bad health. But for the general population, studies have found that death rates from other causes — cardiovascular disease, respiratory diseases, and traffic and industrial injuries — were either unchanged or actually decreased.
For example, a 2012 study found that suicides did increase during the Depression of the 1930s, but the death rate for car accidents decreased and no significant effects were observed for 30 other causes of death in the United States. A 2009 study found that mortality actually decreased across almost all ages during the Depression. Researchers last year also found that mortality rates overall declined from 2005 to 2010, a period that covered the deep recession that ran from late 2007 through mid-2009.
In comparison, projections from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that deaths from the coronavirus in the United States could range from 200,000 to 1.7 million.

In your own fucking comment you admitted suicide rates went up, so you did not debunk anything!

Traffic accidents back then in the 1930's would have decreased seeing people could not afford to drive!

Fact is crime will rise, starvation will rise and did you notice that World War that Started during the Great Depression?

So Jesus fucking Christ you are fine with increase in suicide just as long as you kill our economy!

The FACT is that far more people will die from this virus than a recession or depression.

Not sure you know meaning of the ford "fact".
So link to the deaths attributed to the Depression and the Recession.

how can anyone link to something that has not happened yet?

Could you not?

We haven't. China is working on it.

21112.jpeg

what a fricken stupid thing to say. and coming from the party that supports the killing of millions of unborn humans every year (and the vast majority of them are minority children) the party of tolerance , right?

90% of people who get corona will either not know they have it or will have very mild symptoms. Those who die are those who have other major health issues or compromised immune systems.

tell us, how many of those people would have died anyway? don't know do you? But to get an accurate count of the corona mortality rate we need that number.
We need to take the remains from some of those who pass on with health issues and study the heck out of their bodies for reasons beyond the known.

And when it turns out they died because they caught this virus? What will your excuse be then? Why not just accept that this is a deadly disease that is overwhelming our healthcare system?

because it isn't any of those things. It is not the bubonic plague, it isn't common flu, it isn't measles or chicken pox, or whooping cough. It is a virus with a mortality rate similar to the common flu that takes millions of people every year.

the overreaction and panic is much more dangerous than the virus.

Hospitals are only having issues in NYC and some parts of Cal and Washington state. The government has sent the hospital ships and is building new medical facilities in those places.

shutting down the economy will cause many more deaths than this chinese virus.
It is nothing like the flu. The flu does not overwhelm hospitals with critically ill patients. We are acting (far too slowly) not overreacting.

No, shutting down the economy is not going to kill more people than the virus. That's a ludicrous statement. Here are some actual facts, not lies spewed by Trump.

And, no, little fish, it's not just NY and CA that are having issues with finding enough ICU beds, ventilators, PPE or tests...It's America. Americans are dying. Not liberals or conservatives. Not Democrats or Republicans. Americans.
You want to have another great depression? Really? You must be on a government pension. No one could be this big of an asshole.
No, I do not, but I also do not want thousands of Americans to die for the economy. If I had to choose a Depression or thousands of Americans dying from COVID, I choose a Depression. We can recover from a Depression, these people can't get their loved ones back.

You do understand people will die in a depression also, so as you saved those lives from the virus you are sacrificing others at the same time.

Millions will lose their homes, jobs and so on which leads to higher crime and war during a World Wide Depression...

Maybe that is your end goal is wanting a War?

You do understand that I have already provided the data debunking that claim.

In comparison, projections from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that deaths from the coronavirus in the United States could range from 200,000 to 1.7 million.

In your own fucking comment you admitted suicide rates went up, so you did not debunk anything!

Traffic accidents back then in the 1930's would have decreased seeing people could not afford to drive!

Fact is crime will rise, starvation will rise and did you notice that World War that Started during the Great Depression?

So Jesus fucking Christ you are fine with increase in suicide just as long as you kill our economy!

The FACT is that far more people will die from this virus than a recession or depression.

Not sure you know meaning of the ford "fact".
So link to the deaths attributed to the Depression and the Recession.

how can anyone link to something that has not happened yet?
The Great Depression
The Great Recession

How can you have the entire internet at your disposal and still be such a dembass?

Stay home, flatten the curve.

trump and you followers of trump should have thought about that back in January when trump was warned about this but did nothing. Actually he did worse than nothing, he denied it was even happening, called it all a hoax, vilified anyone who tried to tell the truth and even told people that they could go to work if they have the virus.

Now you're crying over the consequences of trump's very bad choices and irresponsibility.

No the answer isn't to expose everyone to this. It will kill more people and make our medical system even more damaged,

What is wrong with you people? You deny it was even happening. Now that you're inconvenienced by it all you make stupid statements just so you can have your instant gratification.

Grow up, take responsibility for your actions. Act like an adult. If you didn't want this to happen you should have listened to the people you vilified for 2 months when we tried to warn you.
You say we should just get over with it. Returning the country to normalcy and just letting the virus run it's course means getting the immunity level of the population to 60% to 80%. Without a vaccine, that could mean over 50 million cases and hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Get over what?

No I don't advocate that we allow the population to get it. Thousands of innocent people will die needlessly. In fact, today the first infant died of it.

What makes you think I advocate people get over something?

the number of healthy people of all ages who have died from this is tiny. Virtually all deaths attributed to the virus have been people with other serious health conditions. According to the CDC, 80% of people who get it will have minor or no symptoms and 98% will survive.

Its not the end of the world. but you want to destroy our great economy because of it. Sorry, but thats just dumb

That is one twisted, fucked up "argument" you have. " Most people who die from COVID are old or have an underlying condition so screw 'em ".

Do you know anyone with asthma, fish? That's an "underlying condition" that makes someone more prone to DYING from this disease . You're okay to let them die just so Trump can tout a "great economy"? You don't have any loved ones over 60?

Letting thousands of Americans die for an economy that WILL recover isn't just dumb, it's unconscionable.

I never said "so screw em". and yes I have family members with asthma, I know exactly what it does and we have advised those family members to isolate themselves until this thing is over.

You have twisted my words and ignored my point. but thats what libs do, so no surprise there.

Nobody is twisting your words. You keep saying over and over in multiple threads " they were old or had an underlying condition and would have died anyway". Nobody has to twist that douchebaggery. It's plain for the eyes to see.

It didn't take long for you to adopt the new Trump narrative. Which is basically, "We can't jeopardize my re-election for the sake of thousands of lives."
It didn't take liberals long to decide they'd welcome an economic depression with open arms if it helped them in the election.
You didn't answer the question.

How many lives are you personally willing to sacrifice for Trump? Give us a hard number. Which of your relatives or loved ones will you give over to the virus?

I have to work or you all starve...so probably me. I'm not asking you to take any more risk than I am already. You're a veteran...you know sacrefices sometimes must be made for the greater good. It isn't "for Trump" ... It's for our children and grandchildren. IMO a depression is going to be SO much worse than the current pandemic that so few are taking seriously. I'm at Walmart right now sitting in my truck watching the employees on break stand in a circle 3 feet apart smoking and joking. It isn't UNTIL people start dying that folks will take this seriously...again IMO.

Churchill was right...Americans can be always be depended to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other options.

How? How will a Depression be "so much worse"? Fewer people die during a Depression than when there is a booming economy so tell me how a Depression or a recession (that the economy WILL recover from) be worse than hundreds of thousands of dead Americans?
In 1930 we were a much more agrarian and religious society. My father's father was just converting farm implements from horse drawn to a Ford tractor. Folks could can. They could hunt. Most folks in the rural areas had huge larder and root cellars full of food. They had wood lots and wood stoves to heat in winter...and they gave to the Church to help out those less fortunate. That isn't going to happen this time around. It's the ME FIRST era. And the US population has tripled...AND most folks are the grasshopper...not the ant. We are a fat lazy country.

Could you not?

We haven't. China is working on it.

21112.jpeg
In other words, you don't have a fucking clue.

Deaths are doubling every 4 or 5 days. If the current rate continues, we will have more deaths from covid 19 within a month than we had in the entire 2018-19 flu season, 34,200.

If the "current rate" continues, the human race will be wiped out by the end of the year. Have you made your funeral arrangements?

Last edited:
How will a Depression be "so much worse"? Fewer people die during a Depression than when there is a booming economy so tell me how a Depression or a recession (that the economy WILL recover from) be worse than hundreds of thousands of dead Americans?

Ho hum, another libtard false alternative fallacy. According to this "logic" we should create a depression in order to improve public health.

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

I figure if i plagiarize enough tunes, they'll send me back to work....

They're gonna post me in the forums
They're gonna make a poet out of me
With plaguarized outhouse decorum
And all I gotta do is write naturally

Well, I'll bet you I'm gonna be a big star
Poet laureate you can never tell
The forums gonna make me a big star
Cos I can ruin tunes so well

Well I hope you'll come and read me in the forum
Then I know that you will plainly see
Another hick who shouldn't quit his day job

And all I gotta do is write naturally
~S~w/ aplogies to Mr Owens

There is no plan and that is the problem. What the idiot Trump needs to do is lock down the country until the April 14th and require anyone sick or contact with sick to stay home 14 days after exposure plus isolate older Americans for a few months. Or at least put forth a plan of his own. Right now he is playing a game of whack a mole like a retard. This will get us no where and we are wasting time. Trump better put out a plan soon.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

So stick that in your partisan pipe and smoke it.

Why Trump? You have a governor who you hold much more sway over than you do at a national level. You know Trump proposed locking down NY, CT and NJ and the democrat hero Cuomo shot that down immediately as totally illegal.

Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.

Whack a mole by state?! Are you insane? So basically you approve of having no plan. Surprise. There was nothing substantively partisan in my post except for properly calling Trump an idiot. He is. Still I am looking to him as the President to implement a national plan in this time of crisis. Apparently you think we don’t need one.
If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

Trump wanted to do it, the Democrats fought him on it.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.

If the governor of the state that is currently the epicenter of the outbreak claims Trump has no legal authority to lock down his state... what exactly do you expect Trump to do. Cuomo literally called it an act of war.

You need a civics class. You understand we are not a centralised government right.

We are a federation of states. Hence the FEDERAL government. If the state fights the federal government what is Trump going to do? Call out the Army? Arrest the Governor? Appoint a new state government?

Get your head out of your ass and look around. We aren't a dictatorship. If you want a lockdown...you best be putting pressure on CUOMO...not Trump.
Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra

Keep kissing his ass until we go broke and millions of old people die. The fact is the guy and the administration has no plan. He’s just winging it.

If you don't know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra
You never answered the question.

If the governor refuses to lock down Like Governor Cuomo just did...what do you expect Trump to do?

Gee, a mass consumption rape humanity and the planet paradigm showing signs of unsustainability? Who knew? Apparently your capitalists know. They got their socialism again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back