Our current sports wasteland leads to my WWE confession

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Gotta admit, I'm jonesing for F-ing ANYTHING. Hell, even a Little League game, bowling or zesty curling competition would be swell but we get NOTHING.

So I'm more than a little ashamed to admit that last night I watched Friday Night SmackDown.

It was funny as hell actually. Grown men and women acting stupid and wrasslin' in an empty auditorium.

Poor Vince and Linda - Just can't bear to shut the damn thing down. Probably still reeling over their 4 million dollar donation to the Trump Foundation. :D

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I'm jonesing for F-ing ANYTHING. Hell, even a Little League game, bowling or zesty curling competition would be swell but we get NOTHING.

So I'm more than a little ashamed to admit that last night I watched Friday Night SmackDown.

It was funny as hell actually. Grown men and women acting stupid and wrasslin' in an empty auditorium.

Poor Vince and Linda - Just can't bear to shut the damn thing down. Probably still reeling over their 4 million dollar donation to the Trump Foundation. :D

Hey, Doc, what IS "zesty" curling? It SOUNDS sort of intriguing.......

Hey, Doc, what IS "zesty" curling? It SOUNDS sort of intriguing.......

It kind of sounds like combining curling AND eating pizza at the same time......

Professional wrestling isn’t what it used to be.
616F8119-6FEA-4B62-8F40-F5D1B84469E3.jpeg

View attachment 316435

Who could forget Rowdy Roddy Piper (real name Roderick Toombs) flashing the beaver under his kilt on Piper's Pit! :D

When I lived in Portland mid-90's I was a premise rep for US West yellow pages and Roddy was my client.

He had a transmission shop on the east side of town CALLED "Piper's Pit". Just a nice, polite, funny, unassuming normal dude when he was at the shop.

Roddy was usually good for a quarter page each year. Nice family too. Ran into him and his kids and wife at a Carl's Junior in Hillsborough where they lived.

Creative character - Not real sure how he dreamed it up, but yeah the WWF characters were really clever back in the day.

Seems like most of these guys die far too young, ravaged by steroids and booze.

rwdyrdypprpic.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 316435

Who could forget Rowdy Roddy Piper (real name Roderick Toombs) flashing the beaver under his kilt on Piper's Pit! :D

When I lived in Portland mid-90's I was a premise rep for US West yellow pages and Roddy was my client.

He had a transmission shop on the east side of town CALLED "Piper's Pit". Just a nice, unassuming guy when he was at the shop!

Seems like most of these guys die far too young, ravaged by steroids and booze.

rwdyrdypprpic.jpg
Hot Rod was awesome.
I've been a fan since I was a kid.
WWE is losing me now.
Once the Undertaker goes I'll probably be done with it.
They keep repeating the same storylines and it's getting boring.
I think the women's division should take over.

View attachment 316435
Yow, THAT guy was a monster......
I met him once. Scary dude. Always in character.

Interesting that Macho Man was always in character. I found the opposite with Hot Rod.

We met a bunch of those guys. Hogan, Randy the big russian who was enormous.
Randy was the only one in character.

Randy's girl Miss Elizabeth died young too 42 - drug overdose.
Ol' Vince had a way of handing out steroids like candy and trashing souls.
She was pretty hot.

20121127_lizmacho_642.jpg

I saw half of a FIBA USA/Russia girls under 19 basketball match from 2018 a few days ago.
That's all I could stand. I tell you with drawls are tough.

View attachment 316435
Yow, THAT guy was a monster......
I met him once. Scary dude. Always in character.

Interesting that Macho Man was always in character. I found the opposite with Hot Rod.

We met a bunch of those guys. Hogan, Randy the big russian who was enormous.
Randy was the only one in character.

Randy's girl Miss Elizabeth died young too 42 - drug overdose.
Ol' Vince had a way of handing out steroids like candy and trashing souls.
She was pretty hot.

20121127_lizmacho_642.jpg

Most of those guys and gals lived like many people wish they did. They lived life fast and furious. The ride was short but exciting. And it was rough on them as the years passed. The dark side was going in those days town to town to town many nights a week. Very little family time. Party and training and wrestling.

Forum List

Back