Our Church is Not Into Visions and Prophecies....

This doesn't make sense. You are saying religions help feed the hungry, but it doesn't count. It is just a scam. Do people of faith contribute towards feeding the hungry or don't they?

Again, the claim was people without religion could end world hunger. Fine. So why aren't they ending world hunger?
Another misrepresentation.

It was claimed tha magical religious myths are not required to end world hunger. Implying the more general fact that religion is not required to have compassion or to inspire moral acts.

This is either an elementary error of logic on your part, or an intentional misrepresentation t give yourself low hanging fruit to pick.

Either way, the actual claim was 100% correct.

the actual claim was 100% correct.
Then you misunderstand. I wasn't arguing against the claim. I was pointing out if people don't need religion to end world hunger, then by all means those with no religion can end world hunger. I am sure you can do it with no scams at all. You can't ever seem to stand it when we agree. ;)

Another poster seemed to be suggesting that Christianity liquefy all its assets and feed the hungry--like feeding the hungry is the main purpose of Christianity, which it is not. In fact, turning all that surrounded him into food and feeding the hungry was the first temptation of Christ. And he said, No. He noted that men do not live by bread alone, but also by the word of God.

Those with no religion are proposing that everyone live by bread alone and no need at all for the word of God. They are proposing those who do live by the word of God should give up what we live by, sacrificing what we have to feed the poor--who are always with us. And those with no religion are horrified that we will not give up religion to fill stomachs. And accuse us of scamming when they do see the clear efforts made to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, heal the sick, visit those in prison...

I was pointing out if people don't need religion to end world hunger, then by all means those with no religion can end world hunger. I
Right. And they haven't, for the same reason the religious haven't (despite being the vast majority, as you might have noticed):

They generally don't give a shit. Not that they don't care at all, but they are focused on their own lives

Google net worth of Christianity, and it comes out to $107,280 billion. That's 107 trillion dollars. Where is that money? They can just take 1 or 2 trillion and alleviate all the suffering people in the world, and still have 105 trillion, 280 billion left!

But no, others have to do it, not them, it's not their responsibility....

God must really need that money for his retirement plans...
Could you please edit this for clarity? Because their is only around 40 trillion in cash in the entire world

Could you please edit this for clarity? Because their is only around 40 trillion in cash in the entire world
That's the problem, ain't it... You can google it yourself and come up with the same results. That's where all the wealth is. Add the Jews and the Muslims after that.

Somebody's holding the money!!!!

Now, I believe in a society where we shouldn't need money. So those dollar bills and gold nuggets mean nothing to me.

And I have lots of water, and food.... So you'll be coming to me or people like us, seeking to offer worthless money.

Last edited:
But back to the OP, your "church" is very into visionaries and prophets.

That's how it rolls...

I have a few examples, if you wish real hard.

Or fire and brimstone. We're just not that kind of church. Yet my pastor says that God told him when he went into the ministry that Jesus would return in his lifetime.

He always says it matter-of-factly. No other visions, words from God, prophecies in the 13 years we have been members. Just that. Before I die, Jesus will come back. Our pastor is now in his mid-60s.

Looking at world events now--wow. It is easy to believe.

Get right with God, readers.

Visions and prophecies were almost always aimed at changing the behaviors and minds of non-believers and those in error; true beleivers wouldn't have any need for them or need to be concerned about them.

But true believers participated in things like the Crusades and the Inquisitions, where ungodly things were done, and the reason you're here is that they won, or you were converted.

Because you wouldn't be here if they lost.

Neither would I.... If it wasn't for my ancestors bending the knee, I wouldn't be alive. Does that mean I have to believe the bullshit too? Up until not long ago, yes I have to believe it. But today, we can question stuff, based on history, and we don't have to follow our birth religion anymore.

And we can question shit. Seeing how horrible it has been in history, we're not going to believe that shit.

A better answer is that religions are full of shit, they mean to create armies and control us, and the original source of "gods" are probably ET's.

I see no reason to question whether or not Sue's pastor heard the voice of God. I know this much. When Jesus does come there will be no more chances to repent. We all will be judged.
The end times are NOT the end of the world. They were the end of temple Judaism.

Forum List

Back