Our chickens are getting big...

Curly..jpg

Curly is my favorite among the poultry.

Slick.jpg

Slick the baby killer. Shame too as he really has a neat personality around people.

Musky + 12, June 2020.PNG

Musky and her babies just a few days old. They are obnoxious teens now.

Humpy & Lucy 6-2020.PNG

Humpy the rapist and Lucy. Humpy is a permanent prisoner and Lucy is a mess if she is not with him. Musky goes in for conjugal visits and Lucy has a fit. Musky is now setting another clutch of eggs in the eave of the roof overlooking the pens.

My neighbor plays theirs some sports / news / talk radio channel.. quite loudly every night.. to scare the foxes away mainly it seems.. but maybe they like it.. who knows..?

Bread is actually bad for them.

I had no idea, but i guess the pigs can have the bread if so....

View attachment 382345

Musky and her babies just a few days old. They are obnoxious teens now.

So, you've a brooder pen set up? I'm thinkin' down that road ......do i need to install mood lights?

~S~
We just used big plastic tubs with a light when needed.

If I raised some ordered babies would probably just do a little brooder area for them off one of a long eaves of the chicken house (an area about 3'X6'). If Musky has babies again we may just have to build her a little house of her own under an eave so Curly isn't out of his house. Using the large wire shelf panels or panels made from pallet wood they can be moved around as needed and screwed in place.

My neighbor plays theirs some sports / news / talk radio channel.. quite loudly every night.. to scare the foxes away mainly it seems.. but maybe they like it.. who knows..?
yeah me too, i was wondering if the hens laid better w/ country or classic rock.....~S~

Forum List

Back