Our Biden Problem

When did Trump lie to Congress?
Whenever his lips were moving.

FactChecking the State of the Union

"In his 2020 address to Congress, President Donald Trump stretched and distorted the facts:

• "Trump claimed the economy is 'the best it has ever been.' But GDP growth fell to 2.3% last year and economists predict further slowing this year.
  • He said he brought about low unemployment by reversing 'years of economic decay' and 'failed economic policies,' when in fact over 1 million more jobs were added in the 35 months before he took office than in the first 35 months since."

There is no "failure," moron.
Trump's Covid-19 response is epic failure, Loon.

Trump administration communication during the COVID-19 pandemic - Wikipedia

"On June 16, the Wall Street Journal published an interview with Fauci, where he commented that the United States is 'still in a first wave' of infections for the COVID-19 pandemic. Fauci also stated that the increasing percentages of positive tests in many states 'cannot be explained by increased testing'.[73]

"Also that day, Vice President Pence, in an opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal, criticized the media for warning against a 'second wave' of infections, stating that 'such panic is overblown'. Pence declared that 'we are winning the fight against the invisible enemy'.[74]

"On June 17, Trump declared that the outbreak was "dying out' and that COVID-19 is 'fading away'.

"On June 23, Fauci stated that the United States is 'now seeing a disturbing surge of infections', reiterating that COVID-19 would not 'disappear'.[7"

I'm not positive that's true. No one is getting elected who is "anti-corporate." Not here and not in Europe (outside quasi one party states) I suspect Biden will run with Harris, making her the nominee in 2024 if they win. And she too is a neoliberal.
That's my worst nightmare. Harris is a law and order former prosecutor with Silicon Valley in her corner who will continue to divide Americans into haves and have-nots. If Trump doesn't make fundamental changes to his campaign between now and November, his defeat may split the GOP into two factions. Hopefully. four years of Biden will have the same effect for Democrats in 2024? Imho. we need a Workers/Renters Party that will begin by repealing Taft-Hartley:
perfectcrime.gif

taft-hartley act – Today in Labor History
I think it's more likely that the gop wing of the grand old white persons party will be elected than the renters/workers party. I don't mean that as a diss, but just an observation on American Culture. Taft Hartley passed overwhelmingly with bipartisan support. (Before my time thankfully, but unfortunately not by much)

I'm not sure how much further the dems can go beyond universal healthcare financed by taxes on capital and not wages and an avenue for a four year/technical education without more than loans worth a year's wages. And the deficits remain as the biggest middle class threat. The real Trump legacy, along with Judges who will try to make universal coverage unconstitutional.

Globally, imo the problem with neoliberalism that while if offers the benefits of individual rights to property to all it does not require states to treat citizens better than share-croppers with no political power. In short, Reagan was wrong, and Carter was right, on limiting free trade to countries than guarantee rights to vote, organize and speak. But Carter was opposed by Ted Kennedy and very possibly would have voted for Taft Hartley. So, America only goes so far. He would not have been at Mt Rushmore last night. Reagan's better angle wouldn't have been either.

Happy 4th btw

I'm not sure how much further the dems can go beyond universal healthcare financed by taxes on capital and not wages and an avenue for a four year/technical education without more than loans worth a year's wages.
Perhaps a Green New Deal jobs program funded by taxes on carbon and capital would topple statues to the latter as quickly as the current reaction to George Floyd's killing are bringing down slavery's icons?

Green New Deal - Wikipedia.

"In 2006, a Green New Deal was created by the Green New Deal Task Force as a plan for one hundred percent clean, renewable energy by 2030 utilizing a carbon tax, a jobs guarantee, free college, single-payer healthcare, and a focus on using public programs."

JULY 3, 2020
Police and the Wealth of Nations: Déjà Vu or Unfinished Business?
by PETER LINEBAUGH

Forum List

Back