Origin of Lampasse

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
These attributes were only in the cavalry and the generals.

I saw something similar among the Indians, only they have it embroidered with fringe.

So this is a very ancient tradition, coming from the proto-Americans. Probably fringed epaulettes have something to do with it too

95355.jpg

iF9BatPao8bDqG5rkscCaY8Soz2IoklxvEBWqkqy.jpg

This is most likely the prototype of the hussar dolmans

c1a0a2b25f27bf84785e90ade8a0689b.jpg

Your claims about various uniforms and clothing are seriously suspect. After all, you claimed the buckskin coat with all the fringe was a "cowboy jacket".

• Banned
Your claims about various uniforms and clothing are seriously suspect. After all, you claimed the buckskin coat with all the fringe was a "cowboy jacket".
That remained the cowboy jacket, nerd.

1660521721392.jpeg

Don't you know what a cowboy jacket looks like? Are you writing from Europe by any chance? Maybe from Petersburg?

How does this contradict what I said?

View attachment 682502

Don't you know what a cowboy jacket looks like? Are you writing from Europe by any chance? Maybe from Petersburg?

As I said before, it is a mountain man or native jacket. Cowboys would not want all that fringe. It would be in the way when they were roping.

I understand your position: cowboys are British peasants, they wore bast shoes.

Obviously you don't understand much of anything. Why would cowboys wear russian peasant shoes?

But think about the actions used in roping. You are swinging the lariat in a circle above your head. Do you want all that cheesy fringe slapping you in the face?

• Banned
Obviously you don't understand much of anything. Why would cowboys wear russian peasant shoes?
Because they are peasants. They walked in bast shoes. Why do peasants need boots? It's expensive, and the forest was nearby. In addition to bast shoes, they used wooden shoes.

• Banned
But I think that in the summer they preferred bast shoes, they are lighter

Because they are peasants. They walked in bast shoes. Why do peasants need boots? It's expensive, and the forest was nearby. In addition to bast shoes, they used wooden shoes.

On the open range there is no forest nearby.

The boots they wore allowed for more secure grip in the saddle, so their hands were free to work.

No cowboy ever wore wooden shoes. That is just a lie.

But I think that in the summer they preferred bast shoes, they are lighter

You can think what you like, but it is still absolute nonsense. The cowboy needed durable boots. In addition to spending days in the saddle, he also had to attend to other tasks like branding, rescuing animals, etc. Shoes made of woven tree bark wouldn't last a day.

Cowboy boots are Indian moccasins with soles only. There were no trees on the prairie, and wooden shoes are uncomfortable for a shepherd-cavalryman

0429958c84e74051a34668da13e1af6b.jpg

Cowboy boots are Indian moccasins with soles only. There were no trees on the prairie, and wooden shoes are uncomfortable for a shepherd-cavalryman

Cowboy boots are hard soled boots. They have nothing to do with mocassins. The pointed toe and the distinct heel are designed to keep you safely in the saddle.

Do you have any proof? :auiqs.jpg:
At least it was worn by the Baltic Germans. Historical Russia is mainly Baltic cultures. That is, Russian bast shoes are German bast shoes. The Hollands are considered to be a type of the Baltic tribe of Golyad(Gollindy).

I think throughout the forest zone of Europe, peasants wore bast shoes. Wooden shoes are heavier and stiffer, why wear them all the time? It was worn only where there was a lot of dirt.

Cowboy boots are hard soled boots. They have nothing to do with mocassins. The pointed toe and the distinct heel are designed to keep you safely in the saddle.
have the same design.
By the way, there were no boots in northern Europe. There, even the nobility wore galoshes with stockings

At least it was worn by the Baltic Germans. Historical Russia is mainly Baltic cultures. That is, Russian bast shoes are German bast shoes. The Hollands are considered to be a type of the Baltic tribe of Golyad(Gollindy).

I think throughout the forest zone of Europe, peasants wore bast shoes. Wooden shoes are heavier and stiffer, why wear them all the time? It was worn only where there was a lot of dirt.

No mention of what was worn by cowboys in the western US? Typical

View attachment 682502

Look at all the fringe on the jacket. Now imagine trying to get a wayward cow or calf out of a mesquite thicket in that thing. The fringe would be getting caught on ever twig, thorn or branch.

New Topics

Forum List

Back