Oriental???

I have some, will find and post!!!! anything in particular your looking for???

No nothing in particular...maybe a good stir fry or a good General Tso...

Ok, will get you some later on here! have a couple good stir fry, and I think General Tso's too! Also have a good chicken one for you too Chuck!

MMM I like chicken!! Jim Can I eat your sisters chicken!???? LOL

What?? I cant have your chicken?? I have heard what a good cook you are.

ok ok!!!! :D

Yes, I am a good cook!!! atleast I think so! I made some good sauce tonight, i was actually impressed myself.

Here's one for you Jackass:

Ingredients:
1 alley cat
1 bag mixed vegetables

Slice up cat and throw in wok. Stir in veggies.

Actually..I prefer the country cat for that recipe. Its a little more gamey!! LOL

Hey Jackass, something to get you started.

Oriental Brown Sauce

Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
fresh ginger minced 1 tblspn
scallion minced 1/4 cup
light soy sauce 1 cup
dark soy sauce 1 cup
sherry 1/2 cup
granulated sugar 1/2 cup
salt (kosher) 2 tblspn
black pepper 1/2 tablspn
chicken stock 2 quarts
corn starch slurry enough to thicken
sesame oil 1/4 cup

Method:
1. Heat to medium high heat veg oil in wok add ginger, garlic and scallions cook until aroma is present.
2. Add soy sauces and bring to a boil.
3. Add sherry and chicken stock, sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Bring back to a boil and add the slurry.
5. Finish with sesame oil and taste, add salt and pepper if needed.

Notes:
A cornstarch slurry is a mixture of cornstarch and water (or stock) used as a thickener. The slurry should be about the viscosity of heavy cream. Add a little at a time and whisk to distrubute the slurry. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.

This sauce is a basic orential sauce and can be used as a mother sauce, meaning other sauces can be made from it or used as is. It does make alot you may want to adjust it down, but it will freeze well if you desire. I would freeze in smaller portions for easier use.

Also the sauce is salty with the soy sauces and the salt, so consider this when using on chicken or beef. No seasoning of the proteins at time of cooking is necessary.

Okay, Jackass. One of my all time favorite asian dishes is cucumbers!

Thinly slice cucumbers (removing seeds, if desired). Season with rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.

UMMMMMMMMMM......

Here is one to use the Oriental Brown sauce with,

General Tsao's Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken 3/4 dice 1.5 lbs
fresh mushrooms 3.5 oz
Broccoli florrettes 5 oz
red pepper large dice 1 ea
vegetable oil 1 oz
fresh ginger minced 1 tspn
fresh garlic minced 1 tspn
scallion small diced 2 tspn

Coating:
egg 1 ea
water, cold 1.5 cups
cornstarch 8 oz

Sauce:
Brown Sauce 1.5 cups with:
hot bean paste 2 tspn
rice vinegar 1 tspn

Method:

1. Heat brown sauce add hot bean paste and rice vinegar, set aside and keep warm.
2. Coat chicken with eggs, water and cornstarch mixture.
3. Heat oil (enough to deep fry) to 350 in large heavy duty soup pot. Deep fry chicken until done.
4. Heat the 1oz vegetable oil in wok, add ginger, garlic, scallions, and vegetables. Cook until tender, add fried chicken and sauce mix well and serve.

Notes:
This recipe will yield about 8 portions.

Caution when deep frying on the stove top, make very sure the soup pot is stable and secure. You don't want 350 oil going anywhere. If you have a probe thermometer you can check the temperature of the oil. Really is the best way, they are around 10 buck in most supermarkets in the kitchen supply area.

Depending on the size of your fyer set up will determine how much you can fry. Work in small batches, you want each piece of chicken to be surrounded by oil try not to crowd the oil and have chicken touching chicken. You want a nice golden brown color to each piece. To check just take a piece out and cut open to look.

Also useful when fying is a metal slotted spoon or strainer to remove the fried items from the oil. Have a cookie sheet with several layers of paper towels on it to place the fried food on to help absorb any extra oil.

Forum List

Back