O'Reilly ferguson update

TimothysAlaska

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2014
image.jpg
I watched a clip of bill the other night about ferguson. I could not find the clip on you tube but it was about Wilson not being pursued by the justice department.

Anyway what was said was that blacks are being targeted for jay walking in ferguson overwhelmingly. And bill said this was unfair. I was not surprised by this at all. I have lived all over the USA and noticed that blacks walk either in the middle of the street or walk very slowly crossing the road no matter if they have the right of way or not. I heard some English police wondering this to in London. (I tried not to drive in London the roads sucked) So o'reilly was shocked that they get ticketed in ferguson but from my perspective it's about time they are ticketed at least somewhere. Why is it that black people walk so slow across the street? From children to adults it is a habit or trend that I have observed over the years. I have honked and I either get the finger or they don't look and walk slower if that is possible.

And if you think I am full of it apparently you do not drive in a diverse area. Parking lots are even worse. It's not all black people but a good percentage of them. And if they are walking in a group across the street your gonna sit and wait till they cross even if you have the right of way. Is that why they use a black stick figure on all the cross walk signs? I am sure I am not the only one to notice this. Is it a cultural thing because it seems to be in other countries.

View attachment 37535 I watched a clip of bill the other night about ferguson. I could not find the clip on you tube but it was about Wilson not being pursued by the justice department.

Anyway what was said was that blacks are being targeted for jay walking in ferguson overwhelmingly. And bill said this was unfair. I was not surprised by this at all. I have lived all over the USA and noticed that blacks walk either in the middle of the street or walk very slowly crossing the road no matter if they have the right of way or not. I heard some English police wondering this to in London. (I tried not to drive in London the roads sucked) So o'reilly was shocked that they get ticketed in ferguson but from my perspective it's about time they are ticketed at least somewhere. Why is it that black people walk so slow across the street? From children to adults it is a habit or trend that I have observed over the years. I have honked and I either get the finger or they don't look and walk slower if that is possible.

And if you think I am full of it apparently you do not drive in a diverse area. Parking lots are even worse. It's not all black people but a good percentage of them. And if they are walking in a group across the street your gonna sit and wait till they cross even if you have the right of way. Is that why they use a black stick figure on all the cross walk signs? I am sure I am not the only one to notice this. Is it a cultural thing because it seems to be in other countries.
You just have to look them in they eye like you are going to run their ass down.

If you live in the South, you learn the look early.

I took the time to read the doj report, and it's obvious that the city of ferguson was set up as a profit center as opposed to a service to the community - so in that regard, I'm glad the doj came in and broke up the status quo in ferguson.

Freedom and liberty in America should not be encumbered by corruption in the city government - and anytime a government agency is focused on profit rather than service, they have forgotten their mandate and should be disbanded.

According to the report, the corruption straddled the entire justice organization (police and the courts/judges).

All public servants need to be on notice they are there to serve the public, not to dominate and abuse their power.

Hopefully, the city of ferguson will refocus on that ultimate reality and reform itself to serve the community (i.e. clean house and get rid of all those who sought to abuse their power).

as the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely - so the people of ferguson need to realize how important it is to exercise their right to vote and get actively involved in ridding themselves of this corruption.

if we don't vote and stay actively involved, those in power tend toward corruption - so we the people must keep them in check.

I took the time to read the doj report, and it's obvious that the city of ferguson was set up as a profit center as opposed to a service to the community - so in that regard, I'm glad the doj came in and broke up the status quo in ferguson.

Freedom and liberty in America should not be encumbered by corruption in the city government - and anytime a government agency is focused on profit rather than service, they have forgotten their mandate and should be disbanded.

According to the report, the corruption straddled the entire justice organization (police and the courts/judges).

All public servants need to be on notice they are there to serve the public, not to dominate and abuse their power.

Hopefully, the city of ferguson will refocus on that ultimate reality and reform itself to serve the community (i.e. clean house and get rid of all those who sought to abuse their power).

as the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely - so the people of ferguson need to realize how important it is to exercise their right to vote and get actively involved in ridding themselves of this corruption.

if we don't vote and stay actively involved, those in power tend toward corruption - so we the people must keep them in check.

True since that was the case, but all tickets are a revenue source. I was pulled 4 times in a year, yeah I should not have been speeding but the cops targeted the only road that went to the base, to generate revenue, as the cop told me the military actually pays their tickets. Most others do not. I am sure you will find it over and over again.
In every city especially military base near by.

Well I stopped speeding, maybe they should stop jaywalking and they would not get ticketed! Don't blame the cops for enforcing the law. if they don't enforce it then get rid of the law.

True since that was the case, but all tickets are a revenue source. I was pulled 4 times in a year, yeah I should not have been speeding but the cops targeted the only road that went to the base, to generate revenue, as the cop told me the military actually pays their tickets. Most others do not. I am sure you will find it over and over again.

Well I stopped speeding, maybe they should stop jaywalking and they would not get ticketed! Don't blame the cops for enforcing the law. if they don't enforce it then get rid of the law.
no doubt, we must keep the laws and enforce them - i guess the point of the doj report, in my view, was that a city should not get so focused on revenue that they encourage quota's to reach those revenue goals and lose sight of the fact that they exists only to serve the citizens. being a profit center is not the purpose of government.

taxes can/will be adjusted to fulfill the financial requirements of any government agency that truly serves the citizens, but government empires should not be built purely upon raising enough revenue to justify their own existence.

I briefly saw that show and not on purpose either. I was waiting for something else to come on that station so stuck it on there and as I was messing with the pc, I listened.

Bill is an asshole and big time enabler/ass kisser.

Sorry. Wrong bill. It was Maher I listened to. They must be twins because he was saying the same thing.

no doubt, we must keep the laws and enforce them - i guess the point of the doj report, in my view, was that a city should not get so focused on revenue that they encourage quota's to reach those revenue goals and lose sight of the fact that they exists only to serve the citizens. being a profit center is not the purpose of government.

taxes can/will be adjusted to fulfill the financial requirements of any government agency that truly serves the citizens, but government empires should not be built purely upon raising enough revenue to justify their own existence.
I agree, in fact after my four speeding tickets, I had a policeman knock on my door looking for donations for the policemans ball, it was in Panama City I guess it's something they do. I laughed at him and said I donated enough by paying my speeding tickets. He laughed as well and said ok then.

I just know that if the doj did an investigation on any random town it would probably have similar findings. I do not know for sure but I would suspect it. And I wish police would act more in line of serving and protecting that would be awesome. But perhaps the culture of police is one of suspicision and authority. That is something I have noticed, maybe there are reasons for it but I wished police culture would change.

The number one culprit is the community itself. Maybe if they actually voted? So many black folks and no representation. Dummies, vote next time and your elected council that represents you could easily change the climate for the citizens.

Simple. Elect people that represent you, have them pursue this and stop it. Doesn't take the doj and millions of wasted tax dollars.

Am I surprised a government, local municipal sort has run amok... Not in the least. This is what happens when the majority don't bother. Thousands of municipalities and counties do the same thing.

Wanna change it.....take twenty minutes of your day and vote next time or run yourself.

And they don't need to dismantle the police force either. Just vote a council that represents you and change the course of the police department if that is what is wrong. Of course, that would also take leadership which I'm sure is already in the community... So simple. The police and the chief answer and serve at the pleasure of the elected council. They could find a talented black police chief who could turn the PD around.

Would be interesting to see how they will fund the local government once the police are reined in and all the heavy handed ticketing and fines are stopped.

Forum List

Back