O'Reilly and FOX refuse to answer to fabrication accusations

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Bill O Reilly Responds. We Annotate. Mother Jones

Rather than answer directly to the accuser, O'Reilly takes his defense to the air on his FOX. Conveniently, no one could ask him additional questions. Conveniently, no one could cross examine his portrayal of his "war zone" statements.

O'Reilly knows where he is safe. And FOX is craning their necks looking the other way. AMAZING! The other journalist who covered the riots in Argentina are angry that O'Reilly portrayed them as cowering in their room. But he will get away with his lies and fabrications, because FOX...with the blessings of the Australian, will swear he has been soiled by a politically motivated hack job.

ANSWER MOTHER JONES, BILL! QUIT HIDING BEHIND FOX AND YOUR LOW INFORMATION AUDIENCE.

Rather than answer directly to the accuser, O'Reilly takes his defense to the air on his FOX. Conveniently, no one could ask him additional questions. Conveniently, no one could cross examine his portrayal of his "war zone" statements.

O'Reilly knows where he is safe. And FOX is craning their necks looking the other way. AMAZING! The other journalist who covered the riots in Argentina are angry that O'Reilly portrayed them as cowering in their room. But he will get away with his lies and fabrications, because FOX...with the blessings of the Australian, will swear he has been soiled by a politically motivated hack job.

ANSWER MOTHER JONES, BILL! QUIT HIDING BEHIND FOX AND YOUR LOW INFORMATION AUDIENCE.

he's earned that right. He's a brilliant man that can't be debated, and has an honorable history and should be commended for his hard work and bravery. Everybody else needs to burn in hell.

The Left, in their zeal to find moral equivalency, is going after Bill O'Reilly, so they can say "Their side did it too." That somehow makes it alright for the liberal lying Brian Williams to have done the same. Well, there is no equivalency here. Bill O'Reilly told the Truth. Brian, like all Liberals, lie.

You OP makes no sense at all.

Is Mother Jones hiding?

Bill O'Reilly sure isn't.

I guess you Looney Leftist liars figure this false accusation is gonna change the subject from what Brain Williams did. BW is gone for now but he'll pop up again once the media figures people have forgotten his lies. The entire mainstream media is just as dishonest and just as guilty as he is.

Bill O Reilly twisted truth on war zone account says former CBS colleague - The Guardian World News

Bill O'Reilly's account of a 1982 riot in Argentina is being sharply contradicted by seven other journalists who were his colleagues and were also there at the time.
The people all challenge O'Reilly's depiction of Buenos Aires as a "war zone" and a "combat situation." They also doubt his description of a CBS cameraman being injured in the chaos.

"Nobody remembers this happening," said Manny Alvarez, who was a cameraman for CBS News in Buenos Aires.

Jim Forrest, who was a sound engineer for CBS there, said that when he heard O'Reilly retell the Argentina riot story to interviewer Marvin Kalb several years ago, he contacted Kalb and said "I was on that crew, and I don't recall his version of events."

The contradictions come several days after Mother Jones, a left-leaning magazine, first reported about the discrepancies in O'Reilly's claims about his coverage of the Falklands War. O'Reilly was a young correspondent for CBS News at the time, assigned to cover the war from Buenos Aires, which was more than 1,000 miles from the offshore conflict zone.

In the years since, O'Reilly -- now the biggest star on Fox News -- has repeatedly referred to his experience in the "war zone."

In his 2001 book, "The No Spin Zone," O'Reilly wrote, "I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

On his show "The O'Reilly Factor" in 2013, O'Reilly told a guest, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important."

Mother Jones challenged some of these claims. O'Reilly responded by accusing the magazine of trying to smear him to hurt Fox News, and said the report's co-author, David Corn, is a liar and an "irresponsible guttersnipe."

Eric Engberg, a CBS correspondent who was also in Buenos Aires at the time, defended Corn in a Facebook post on Friday and said, "It was not a war zone or even close. It was an 'expense account zone.'"

Longtime NBC News correspondent George Lewis, who was also there at the time, agreed with Engberg, writing on Facebook, "Cushiest war I ever covered."

Did O'Reilly's photographer get "run down" and bloodied?

CNN has interviewed seven people who were there for CBS, and none of them recall anyone from the network being injured.

"If somebody got hurt, we all would have known," Alvarez said.

In a Friday interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt, O'Reilly said the photographer's last name was Moreno. Roberto Moreno was there for CBS. He now lives in Venezuela, and he declined to comment to CNN.

But Mia Fabius, who was the office manager for the CBS Miami bureau at the time, has stayed in touch with Moreno for decades, and she said Moreno has never spoken about any injury in Argentina.

Further, Fabius said no injury report was ever filed.

Of course they refuse to behave with journalist integrity.

For Fox, getting caught in lies is just another day at work.

10981534_10153086703919844_5337189735026640302_n.jpg

I didn't know Brian was there!

O'Reilly is hiding behind FOX. He has been asked my multiple news outlets, other than FOX, to come and defend his statement and his accusations....and he has sneaked away. He is hiding behind FOX and FOX will swear by his lies.

Brian Williams admitted his lies and apologized. O'Reilly will never admit his lies and the so called "news station" will defend his concocted stories to the end.

FRIGIN AMAZING!

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif~c200

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... another LibTard circle-jerk.

Forum List

Back