Oregon Thinking About Making Masks Permanent

I live in southern Oregon. Mask wearers are outnumbered 4 to 1 these days, and they've lost their shitty, self-righteous attitude.
Southern and Eastern Oregon are more conservative than the rest of the state. I live on the central coast of Oregon and wish I could move to a red state but I can't. The liberal residents I know, are still in their masks outdoors even after their two-dose shots, and of course, in all the stores' masks are still mandated. Locals and tourists walking on the beach are not wearing masks and I have talked to many who say they would rather catch Covid and take their chances whether they survive it or not. I am in their camp. I am not taking the vaccine. I stand with Patrick Henry:

"Give me liberty or give me death!" :death:Who wants to live in this political climate any longer anyway.

Last edited:
Apparently that is about to change.
What will the Oregon government do to enforce this new permanent mandate?
I'm hanging out with regular people. They're done with it. It's like when weed wasn't yet legal, but everyone smoked it and didn't care anymore. The government is a paper tiger compared to the will of the vast majority.
Your state is as bad as mine. Always blue. Never holding politicians accountable

Southern and Eastern Oregon are more conservative than the rest of the state. I live on the central coast of Oregon and wish I could move to a red state but I can't. The liberal residents I know, are still in their masks outdoors even after their two-dose shots, and of course, in all the stores' masks are still mandated. Locals and tourists walking on the beach are not wearing masks and I have talked to many who say they would rather catch Covid and take their chances whether they survive it or not. I am in their camp. I am not taking the vaccine. I stand with Patrick Henry:

"Give me liberty or give me death!" :death:Who wants to live in this political climate any longer anyway.
Ashland is still clinging desperately to the the dream, too. Buncha dingbats.

I have no problem with the govt rec. something and citizens having the right to then follow up on their own to learn all of the facts available and decide for themselves and act accordingly.
It should be the same with seatbelts and helmets.
Seatbelts and helmets for minors, and states decide via ballot for adults. Regarding minors, if we were to use current medical info (which won't happen but just theoretically) we'd be using the age of 23 (give or take a year or two depending on study) for when a person reaches logical maturity when brainstem "finally" connects fully to frontal lobe-even later for many.

Helmets and seatbelts save lives, but not always. Since they do, however, save X number of lives per year (quick check now was 12,000 - 15,000 lives per year). I have to go with having both on the ballot for each state to decide...not exact any fed mandates. My views stem from considering helmets and seatbelts to be extentions of our road laws for safety, so it doesn't bother me to have safety rules that work. For example, I like FL's law that all riders under 21 wear helmets. I get that you view these as personal choices of safety measures and should be up to an individual to decide. I usually support that idea fully, but these are two exceptions for me.

Seatbelts and helmets for minors, and states decide via ballot for adults. Regarding minors, if we were to use current medical info (which won't happen but just theoretically) we'd be using the age of 23 (give or take a year or two depending on study) for when a person reaches logical maturity when brainstem "finally" connects fully to frontal lobe-even later for many.

Helmets and seatbelts save lives, but not always. Since they do, however, save X number of lives per year (quick check now was 12,000 - 15,000 lives per year). I have to go with having both on the ballot for each state to decide...not exact any fed mandates. My views stem from considering helmets and seatbelts to be extentions of our road laws for safety, so it doesn't bother me to have safety rules that work. For example, I like FL's law that all riders under 21 wear helmets. I get that you view these as personal choices of safety measures and should be up to an individual to decide. I usually support that idea fully, but these are two exceptions for me.
I'm always speaking about adult rights. Kids need to be controlled. And I'm also a firm believer in the 10th amendment and the responsibility of individual states deciding things not expressly assigned to the fed-gov via the Constitution.

Forum List

Back