Oregon imposes gag order on Christian bakers in gay wedding case

And the far left once again used horrid analogies to make another reference to their debunked religious beliefs.

A business can turn down anyone it chooses, but many on the far left will claim racism or bigotry instead looking at the facts.
Yes, a business can turn down anyone it pleases if it wants to suffer the legal penalties.

You mean far left punishment because they dare to think differently than the far left religious drones..
No one should be made a second class citizen because merchants say it's against my religious beliefs for you to stay in my hotel, eat in my restaurant, buy my products or services. If you are open to the public, then you should serve the public.

Horseshit. There's no reason a business shouldn't be allowed to serve whoever the owner wants to server. The "open to the public" scam only fools the gullible. I don't lose my right to associate with whom I choose because I choose to sell pizzas or wedding cakes. The idea that my disinclination to serve you makes you a "second class" citizen is laughable. You're second class only in your own mind.
There is very good reason. It should make no difference to a business who buys their cakes, eat's in their restaurant, or stays in their motel as long they are paid for the product or service and the customer conducts themselves properly.
Says who? As a web developer, I can tell you that when someone asks me to build them website, I take a keen interest in who they are and what they're up to. And if I'm not comfortable with them or their plans, I refuse to serve them.

Not every business person is fixated on the bottom line.

Last edited:
Yes, a business can turn down anyone it pleases if it wants to suffer the legal penalties.

You mean far left punishment because they dare to think differently than the far left religious drones..
No one should be made a second class citizen because merchants say it's against my religious beliefs for you to stay in my hotel, eat in my restaurant, buy my products or services. If you are open to the public, then you should serve the public.

Horseshit. There's no reason a business shouldn't be allowed to serve whoever the owner wants to server. The "open to the public" scam only fools the gullible. I don't lose my right to associate with whom I choose because I choose to sell pizzas or wedding cakes. The idea that my disinclination to serve you makes you a "second class" citizen is laughable. You're second class only in your own mind.
There is very good reason. It should make no difference to a business who buys their cakes, eat's in their restaurant, or stays in their motel as long they are paid for the product or service and the customer conducts themselves properly.
Says who? As web developer, I can tell you that when someone asks me to build them website, I take a keen interest in who they are and what they're up to. And if I'm not comfortable with them or their plans, I refuse to serve them.

There's nothing wrong with denying someone your service as along are you doing so for business reasons and your decision is not based on illegal discriminatory practices. It's all about your reason for denying service.

Last edited:

Says who? As web developer, I can tell you that when someone asks me to build them website, I take a keen interest in who they are and what they're up to. And if I'm not comfortable with them or their plans, I refuse to serve them.

There's nothing wrong with denying someone your service as along are you doing so for business reasons and your decision is not based on illegal discriminatory practices. It's all about your reason for denying service.

Exactly. These laws have nothing to do with equal rights and everything to do with targeting specific biases for suppression. That's creepy shit in my book, and will be used against us.

That's liberals for you, OBEY or be destroyed.

I would call it common sense. On one side, pay $135,000, break the law, and lose my business. On the other side, bake and sell a cake.

Decisions, decisions.....

How about I decide to stay true to my faith. Who are you to take away that right? As long as there is a gay baker and a gay florist willing to provide cakes and flowers and rainbows, why insist that a person of faith, set their faith aside or be punished?

Because there is nothing in the Christian Bible that says, "Thou shalt not bake a wedding cake for a woman who lies with a woman or a man who lies with a man", which means that it is not a tenant of your faith, but, instead, your choice to discriminate.

You don't know the Bible:

Titus 3:10
Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.

2 John 1:10
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Romans 16:17
And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

You have removed my ability to practice my faith. You have no right to do that in a free America.

There really is nothing in the Bible that says, "Thou shall not use electric". Amish shun electricity in their businesses. You are for electric. What gives you the right to insist that the Amish use electric just because you visit their stores?

Stop forcing your agenda on others. This is America. I have the right to bake or not bake cakes, and you have the right to buy or not buy cakes.

Unfortunately for you, the Supreme Court Trumps your personal interpretation of the Bible. Sorry about that.

"I don't want to hear all that crap about right and wrong! I have the POWER to oppress you, and might makes right!"

Contrary to your obvious opinion, neither the Supreme Court nor Obama nor anyone else can make the words of the Constitution mean something that they don't. All they, and you, can do is ignore them and shit on the document and its meaning. Which makes you a tyrant. You don't appear to be bothered by that idea, so you could at least not be a poltroon as well, own it honestly, and quit trying to rationalize that you're somehow not an evil piece of shit.

You have confused interpretation, with straight from the horse's mouth. I didn't interpret the verse. I quoted it verbatim:

Romans 16:17
And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people's faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them.

Nor did the Supreme court interpret it. They just took away my right to practice it.

That works, too.....

Just remember that when some other group is in power, it will "work" just as well for YOU to lose any freedoms they don't care to recognize. Don't even consider coming in here and belly-aching like the hypocrite you are when you suddenly start feeling put-upon.

There's nothing wrong with doing it for any reason whatsoever. You are entitled to determine who will receive your services and who won't. If prostitution were legal, turds like you would claim prostitutes have to service black guys even if they don't want to.

There's nothing wrong with doing it for any reason whatsoever. You are entitled to determine who will receive your services and who won't. If prostitution were legal, turds like you would claim prostitutes have to service black guys even if they don't want to.
What you believe is simply untrue. It's why we don't have the No ******* or Jews gas station, which we we used to until we passed PA laws, which the SC has defended as being valid time and again. Your position lost, decades ago.

What you believe is simply untrue. It's why we don't have the No ******* or Jews gas station, which we we used to until we passed PA laws, which the SC has defended as being valid time and again. Your position lost, decades ago.

I know what the law says, but being served is not a right. Most of the laws passed in this country since the start of the depression violate your rights.

Don't bother spouting the law at me. All the proves is that you're a servile bootlicking Nazi.

I know what the law says, but being served is not a right. Most of the laws passed in this country since the start of the depression violate your rights.

Don't bother spouting the law at me. All the proves is that you're a servile bootlicking Nazi.
What it proves is that you are a child who screams "but that's unfair" while ignoring reality. You are preaching to morons, who already believe the fucking nonsense that you do but the reality is quite different and that's what I deal in, the real world, not your fantasy of how life should be.

What it proves is that you are a child who screams "but that's unfair" while ignoring reality. You are preaching to morons, who already believe the fucking nonsense that you do but the reality is quite different and that's what I deal in, the real world, not your fantasy of how life should be.

The queers have been screaming "that's unfair" for decades, but you don't seem to have problem with that. You are very selective when it comes to accusing those who claim the law is unjust of being immature. Of course, you are just a fucking Nazi who believes it's OK to impose your personal preferences on society. You're a big fat hypocrite, in other words.

When you tell the queers to quit whining and shut the fuck up, perhaps someone will take your whining seriously . . . . . .

Nah!

The queers have been screaming "that's unfair" for decades, but you don't seem to have problem with that. You are very selective when it comes to accusing those who claim the law is unjust of being immature. Of course, you are just a fucking Nazi who believes it's OK to impose your personal preferences on society. You're a big fat hypocrite, in other words.

When you tell the queers to quit whining and shut the fuck up, perhaps someone will take your whining seriously . . . . . .

Nah!
Until they are treated as equals, which they are but aren't treated as such, bitch away...

That's true. It does allow for the possibility of these things happening. But it doesn't require that we put up with it as a society. It merely prohibits coercion as a solution.

I think I do. And I'm not in dismissing it. I'm just saying that government isn't the proper tool to solve these kinds of social problems.

Maybe, depending on how broadly you define equal opportunity. If that's the case, I'd suggest that such an extreme conception of equal opportunity isn't worth the loss of personal freedom it entails.
Either way there is a loss of freedom, a businessman losses the right to choose his customers or customers loss their right to access goods and services they need. Which is greater loss?

Well the latter is not a right (freedom), but rather the power to force others to serve against their will. This is precisely why it's so important to understand the difference between individual rights and group privilege.
Neither is the former.

You don't see the difference in character between the two? The right to discriminate essentially boils down to the right to abstain. To have the freedom to say "no thanks" to any transaction you find against your interests. That's distinctly different that a supposed "right" to be served by others.
So using your logic, a doctor or medical facility should be able to turn away a Jew or a Muslim who needs care because it would go against his religious beliefs. A hotel owner should be able turn away blacks or Latinos because he doesn't like them. An employer should be able to bypass hiring an unwed mother because it violates his principals. A business should be able to say no to installing facilities for the disabled because it cut into his profits.
Do Christians bake life saving surgeon cakes? Was someone's life in danger that only a Christian baked specialty cake could save? No? Then stfu with your nonsensical second grade stupidity.

Exactly. These laws have nothing to do with equal rights and everything to do with targeting specific biases for suppression. That's creepy shit in my book, and will be used against us.
The laws are not about suppressing bias but rather suppressing specific actions that may result from those biases that hurt others. You can hate gays, blacks, Mexicans, Jews but when those biased turn into jobs discrimination, denial or services, and unequal protection under the law then that is creepy shit.

"Oregon imposes gag order on Christian bakers in gay wedding case"

Another ridiculous lie from the right.
Another ridiculous lie from another bigot. Why do you claim this crap is from the right? Why are you such a partisan POS?

Was this reported in the non-right news as being a gag order that prevents this couple from talking about their views?

The bakers are not prevented from talking about their views. What they cannot say (or do) is that they will continue to deny service to gays. They can complain all they want about the right or wrong of the judgment, and scream from the high hills that they hate gays, but they cannot say or post a sign that says they will refuse to serve gays.

That's hardly a gag order which prevents them from expressing their views.

Nah!
Until they are treated as equals, which they are but aren't treated as such, bitch away...

You don't give a fuck about my rights, so why should you care about anyone else's rights? Why are only the queer's rights important?

Forum List

Back