Oregon Congressman Proposes New Space Tourism Tax

I think this is a good idea. If someone has a quarter of a million dollars to go on a joy ride in space, they can pay a tax on it.

Just the way that people pay a tax when they buy a ticket on an airplane now.

That would be a tax that would literally be out of this world!

I think this is a good idea. If someone has a quarter of a million dollars to go on a joy ride in space, they can pay a tax on it.

This will start out as people with a bit of money will do. In a few decades or so the price will be dramatically less, putting more of the middle class in reach. We can talk about rich and not so rich. But it is clear NASA is not going to be sending people into space cheaply at this point without the private side. Delay the taxes.

So basically youre saying "Tax everything".

I mean honestly why? Is space tourism this big giant industry where everyone is flying to space for a vacation everyday? Thats the dumbest thing ever. Jesus how times does someone go to space in this world a year?

Whats next, are you going to say we should tax people who take a submersible to the bottom of the ocean like james cameron did? Tax someone everytime they drive anywhere for something fun? Hell lets just cut to the chase and tax everyone for being alive each day.

Too soon. I look at these space cadets more as guinea pigs than tourist. As for the airplane ticket analogy, I'll assume that the passenger flight industry had a good amont of time to get its feet off the ground (pretty good, huh?) before the ticket tax policy came to be. Plus the tax would generate so few tax dollars that I can't take the idea seriously and I consider it to be showboat legislation geared toward the left.

Earl Blumenauer is a bluming wackadoodle who we routinely make fun of here in Oregon.
This leftist loon would tax your poop if he could.

dems just love to take what others have earned,,,

Forum List

Back