Ordered one of these manual leather sewing machines...

I had a foot-powered grinding stone set-up for years we kept in the outbuilding.

it was a take on this one except it had a piece of tire that you put water in under the stone to keep it wet while sharpening.

R.eb9270bae324f48a0a5cf246d8665c48

I stopped by my dad's place to sharpen a couple of machetes one day and found that the stone had cracked in half over the winter. he said he was going to find another wheel but he (or I) never did. I guess he tossed it because it was not there after he passed.

I had a foot-powered grinding stone set-up for years we kept in the outbuilding.

it was a take on this one except it had a piece of tire that you put water in under the stone to keep it wet while sharpening.

I stopped by my dad's place to sharpen a couple of machetes one day and found that the stone had cracked in half over the winter. he said he was going to find another wheel but he (or I) never did. I guess he tossed it because it was not there after he passed.

What a shame when a beautiful old tool goes away!

I have the stone wheel for one but dont have the treadle.

Nice!
I wonder if there's another option that is factory made and would be easier to work with?
There's a treadle sewing machine base in like Branson for $40...but I just don't want to drive down there.

It's three hours round trip.

IMG_20230104_180314757.jpg

It did arrive and I have assembled it and it does work ... but I haven't gotten around to really putting it through its paces yet.

Forum List

Back