Oppression??? Explanation Required.

Sorry for the delay, I was researching the appropriate response to the sun being extinguished. Apparently it is required to throw a virgin into a volcano to restart the sun. Sadly we have no volcanos in Georgia, and a shortage of Virgins. So I guess the sun will just stay out.

Where was I? Oh yes. The Police protest to support Kap. Kap protested the National Anthem by refusing to stand. His argument was that the police were unfairly targeting minorities. The former and retired police who attended, including Frank Serpico, say that he is right.

The result was that the Football teams are not picking up Kap's contract, and refusing to hire him. I would argue that is their right. It is also the right of the people to object to it either way.

Now, you can argue it both ways. That the fans have a right to refuse to attend the games or tune in because of the political statement of a player. You can argue that the teams have a right to refuse to hire him because of the baggage. You would be right in both cases. But the reverse is also true. People can refuse to turn the games on because of the refusal to hire him, and can protest that he was unfairly targeted for telling the truth.

It's the first amendment. As for me, I don't watch Football anyway, so saying I'm not going to watch because of Kap, or his firing, is an empty gesture.

Sadly, you've missed the point.

But....I am magnanimous.....here's another opportunity:

..... he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color."
Dozens of current and former NYPD officers rallied in support of Colin Kaepernick

Definition of oppression
  1. 1a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power Definition of OPPRESSION

Soooooo......where is that happening????

Is it illegal for black folks to live in particular neighborhoods???
Attend schools?
Open businesses of pay 'dhimmi' and 'Jizya' taxes based on their color?
Excluded from sports or entertainment careers???
Is Affirmative Action some sort of oppression????

Where the heck is that 'oppression'?????

Or, are the Liberal Lemmings simply dunces?

Impatiently awaiting my education on the matter.
Ask the NAACP about Missouri and black folks..It's in the statistics..

Now....if any such 'oppression of people of color' existed...

a. the Liberal Lemmings would have been able to provide a list of same by now (some 20 posts in....).....
...and they haven't.

b. the following would not have appeared in the NYTimes:
20moment-master768.jpg

.....Parson Hicks, a health care finance executive who supports President Trump, this past week has felt a little like déjà vu. Mr. Trump says something. His opponents howl and then predict, with certainty, a point of no return.

“Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”
A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.

That pic has gotta be a back-breaker for the Lemmings.

Colin is being "blackballed " because of his free speech .

How ironic , the righties bend over backwards to defend the free speech of nazis , but call for Colin to be fired / not hired .

.... he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color."
Dozens of current and former NYPD officers rallied in support of Colin Kaepernick

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Now, you in particular have this advantage: no one expects an intelligent post from you......ever.

Keep up the good work.

You've never had an independent thought in this place .

You don't consider taking away someone's livelihood as being oppression?

How ironic , the righties bend over backwards to defend the free speech of nazis , but call for Colin to be fired / not hired .

.... he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color."

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Now, you in particular have this advantage: no one expects an intelligent post from you......ever.

Keep up the good work.

Your post is akin to gilding the lily.....I already said you couldn't post an answer to this:

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

And sure enough.....you couldn't.

I appreciate you assuming the role of (semi)human piñata ....everyone needs a good laugh.

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Keep up the good work.

Your post is akin to gilding the lily.....I already said you couldn't post an answer to this:

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

I appreciate you assuming the role of (semi)human piñata ....everyone needs a good laugh.

Polo.

It's 2017 and we have white supremacists marching in the streets and many others supporting them . We have a prez who was put in office by courting all these racists .

DO you think all these racists are treating minorities fairly in their everyday lives? At their jobs ??

Of course they are not . That's oppression.

Sorry for the delay, I was researching the appropriate response to the sun being extinguished. Apparently it is required to throw a virgin into a volcano to restart the sun. Sadly we have no volcanos in Georgia, and a shortage of Virgins. So I guess the sun will just stay out.

Where was I? Oh yes. The Police protest to support Kap. Kap protested the National Anthem by refusing to stand. His argument was that the police were unfairly targeting minorities. The former and retired police who attended, including Frank Serpico, say that he is right.

The result was that the Football teams are not picking up Kap's contract, and refusing to hire him. I would argue that is their right. It is also the right of the people to object to it either way.

Now, you can argue it both ways. That the fans have a right to refuse to attend the games or tune in because of the political statement of a player. You can argue that the teams have a right to refuse to hire him because of the baggage. You would be right in both cases. But the reverse is also true. People can refuse to turn the games on because of the refusal to hire him, and can protest that he was unfairly targeted for telling the truth.

It's the first amendment. As for me, I don't watch Football anyway, so saying I'm not going to watch because of Kap, or his firing, is an empty gesture.

..... he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color."

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

OK, tell me why the police in Texas were not charged for stripping a woman in the parking lot of a gas station and conducting an eleven minute exam of her private parts in full view of the public? That is official oppression. And it happened.

Texas cops give woman public body cavity search | Daily Mail Online

Two years ago, and the charges were just dropped against the cops. They were apparently doing their jobs. Explain that.....

That is one example among thousands. One example among tens of thousands. I have several black friends. Guess what happens when they drive a nice car they paid for, or rebuilt, with hours of hard labor? If you guessed that they were pulled over for driving while black, you just guessed right.

It happens. The cops who were there at the protest say it is happening. But you know better, because you say it isn't official policy. Really? It isn't? So cops who do it are penalized and punished? Oh, well they aren't but it's still totally justified because of the war on police or something.

It happens. Video shows officers kicking innocent man on fire after crash

Kap was right. Frank Serpico is right, and the cops who stood with him are telling us it is happening. But you say no, and say it is all Liberal bullshit.

How do you know? Well, if it was happening in, you would know about it or something.

Eleven minute body cavity search in public. And not the only time it has happened.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...sc-couple-settles-roadside-cavity-search-case

No cops fired, no cops prosecuted, for sexually assaulting a woman in public on the side of the fucking road. I could post links all fucking day. But you won't believe it.

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Keep up the good work.

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Polo.

It's 2017 and we have white supremacists marching in the streets and many others supporting them . We have a prez who was put in office by courting all these racists .

DO you think all these racists are treating minorities fairly in their everyday lives? At their jobs ??

Of course they are not . That's oppression.

(Psssstttt....everyone knows you can't support any of that.....no links, no quotes from Trump that would indicate that, no sources.....just the hot air that you Lemmings are (in)famous for.)

Don't ever change.

In an effort toward full disclosure....
..... I do so love watching the Left's blood boil until it vaporized into a fine, red, mist.

Now....if any such 'oppression of people of color' existed...

a. the Liberal Lemmings would have been able to provide a list of same by now (some 20 posts in....).....
...and they haven't.

b. the following would not have appeared in the NYTimes:
20moment-master768.jpg

.....Parson Hicks, a health care finance executive who supports President Trump, this past week has felt a little like déjà vu. Mr. Trump says something. His opponents howl and then predict, with certainty, a point of no return.

“Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”
A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.

That pic has gotta be a back-breaker for the Lemmings.
Oppression does occur in communities and it is real...As far as just a race issue it is more of a social standing judgement, and the higher the income, the more restrictive it becomes..

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

OK, tell me why the police in Texas were not charged for stripping a woman in the parking lot of a gas station and conducting an eleven minute exam of her private parts in full view of the public? That is official oppression. And it happened.

Texas cops give woman public body cavity search | Daily Mail Online

Two years ago, and the charges were just dropped against the cops. They were apparently doing their jobs. Explain that.....

That is one example among thousands. One example among tens of thousands. I have several black friends. Guess what happens when they drive a nice car they paid for, or rebuilt, with hours of hard labor? If you guessed that they were pulled over for driving while black, you just guessed right.

It happens. The cops who were there at the protest say it is happening. But you know better, because you say it isn't official policy. Really? It isn't? So cops who do it are penalized and punished? Oh, well they aren't but it's still totally justified because of the war on police or something.

It happens. Video shows officers kicking innocent man on fire after crash

Kap was right. Frank Serpico is right, and the cops who stood with him are telling us it is happening. But you say no, and say it is all Liberal bullshit.

How do you know? Well, if it was happening in, you would know about it or something.

Eleven minute body cavity search in public. And not the only time it has happened.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...sc-couple-settles-roadside-cavity-search-case

No cops fired, no cops prosecuted, for sexually assaulting a woman in public on the side of the fucking road. I could post links all fucking day. But you won't believe it.

Just so we can verify that you are a total dolt......are you claiming that this is specific to 'people of color'?

It doesn't happen....in equally rare occurrences.....to white folks?

'Cause, if it does, then you still haven't answered the OP:
....a protest against oppression of people of color."

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Wanna try again?

Jeeezzzzz......the silence is deafening....

Must be such a long list of examples of this 'oppression of people of color' that it's taking a long time to list all of the examples.....

I mean.....it couldn't be that there are no examples of this 'oppression of people of color' .......could it????

Now.....what would that say about the Liberal Lemmings....????
You have a nasty attitude. No one owes you an explanation. If you want to know what's up go ask him or other black people of varying socioeconomic status. Beyond that I'm sure there is a lot of reading out there on the net. Being a responsible steward of our society should include us honestly trying to see all sides. It takes deliberate effort to do so.
so you have no example?

Jeeezzzzz......the silence is deafening....

Must be such a long list of examples of this 'oppression of people of color' that it's taking a long time to list all of the examples.....

I mean.....it couldn't be that there are no examples of this 'oppression of people of color' .......could it????

Now.....what would that say about the Liberal Lemmings....????
You have a nasty attitude. No one owes you an explanation. If you want to know what's up go ask him or other black people of varying socioeconomic status. Beyond that I'm sure there is a lot of reading out there on the net. Being a responsible steward of our society should include us honestly trying to see all sides. It takes deliberate effort to do so.
so you have no example?

Not yet.

Seems none of 'em have.....they simply take their marching orders.
That's why they are Liberals.....they behave like iron filing in a magnetic field, rather than sentient human beings.

Angela McGlowan, wrote in her book “Bamboozled: How Americans Are Being Exploited By The Lies of The Liberal Agenda,”

a. "I grew up in segregation," says New York Times best-selling conservative author Shelby Steele, "so I really know what racism is. I went to a segregated school. I bow to no one in my knowledge of racism, which is one of the reasons why I say white privilege is not a problem....Racism is about eighteenth on a list of problems black America faces." -- P.38-39

.b. "In speaking with Fox News commentator and author Juan Williams, he noted that there is a simple four step "magic formula" young people can follow to get out of poverty:
1. Finish high school and preferably college.
2. Take a job and hold it.
3. Marry after finishing school and while you have a job.
4. Delay marriage and having children until after one's twenty-first birthday.
Williams says that any man or woman who follows this path of personal responsibility can cut their chances of being poor by two-thirds." -- P.15-16

Anything in the above apply only to the oh-so-racist appellation, 'people of color'?

I don't see any basis for claiming 'oppression of people of color' there,......do you?

Poli doesn't think racism exists?

What were those nazis marching for in VA?

Here, in the Big Apple, home of the 'Liberal Lemmings,' ....those with the unquestioning knee-jerk response to their masters' orders.....

"Dozens of current and former NYPD officers rallied in support of Colin Kaepernick
....a rally in support of getting quarterback ColinKaepernick a job in the National Football League.

The former San Francisco 49ers player became a controversial figure last year after he refused to stand for the national anthem in what he called a protest against oppression of people of color."

Definition of oppression

Attend schools?

Your knowledge is served, ol' slant eye ignoramus that hardly knows how the game of football is played...

NFL Teams Didn’t Stand For The National Anthem Until 2009

NO NFL PLAYER STOOD FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM UNTIL 2009—BEFORE THEN, THE PLAYERS STAYED IN THE LOCKER ROOM AS THE ANTHEM PLAYED. NFL TEAMS GOT PATRIOTIC IN RECENT YEARS BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD FOR BUSINESS. A 2015 CONGRESSIONAL REPORT REVEALED THAT THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE HAD PAID $5.4 MILLION TO NFL TEAMS BETWEEN 2011 AND 2014 TO STAGE ON-FIELD PATRIOTIC CEREMONIES; THE NATIONAL GUARD SHELLED OUT $6.7 MILLION FOR SIMILAR DISPLAYS BETWEEN 2013 AND 2015.
NFL Teams Didn't Stand For The National Anthem Until 2009 - Daily Snark
it doesn't matter what you post, most americans tie the two together, that is standing for a national anthem and football. No matter what you post. Not standing will set off most all americans. most all. the consequences are all the players who feel they need to offend the people paying their salaries. and I spit at each and every one of them. I give two shits your position.

in fact they hurt the progress of poor blacks. than anything else. sad. folks making millions flipping their noses at america. so they had the opportunities provided by the flag they protest.

it's called biting the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
As conservatives are allowed....nay, born to ask questions....rather than simply obey....the question at issue today seems to be one more that the Liberal Lemmings have never considered.
They just accept, and march...or, as in this case, protest.

In earlier posts I asked this:
Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.
What possible compelling government interest could this represent????

It was met with the same sort of response as today, from the same segment of the population.

Why are they so afraid to question?

As conservatives are allowed....nay, born to ask questions....rather than simply obey....the question at issue today seems to be one more that the Liberal Lemmings have never considered.

Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.

It was met with the same sort of response as today, from the same segment of the population.

What a twist, but it doesn't work...

what doesn't work is someone achieving salaries in the millions saying oppression exists. when they are not oppressed, never were stepped on others to achieve their millions and then draw attention that has no answer to the issue. how fking stupid.

what doesn't work is someone achieving salaries in the millions saying oppression exists. when they are not oppressed, never were and have no answer to the issue they intent to draw attention to. how fking stupid.
The first progressives for social welfare and concerns of the oppressed came from bleeding heart rich folks that helped push through legislation to change what they saw as being wrong...It is an individual's perception which plays into their actions..Evidently the anti-side has no comprehension of the issues the one claiming oppression has..

Forum List

Back