Opioid overdose deaths top 100,000 annually for the first time, driven by fentanyl, CDC data show

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
More than 100,000 people died of drug overdoses in the United States during the 12-month period ending April 2021, according to provisional data published Wednesday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
That's a new record high, with overdose deaths jumping 28.5% from the same period a year earlier and nearly doubling over the past five years.
Opioids continue to be the driving cause of drug overdose deaths. Synthetic opioids, primarily fentanyl, caused nearly two-thirds (64%) of all drug overdose deaths in the 12-month period ending April 2021, up 49% from the year before, the CDC's 's National Center for Health Statistics found.

Mostly poor white trash are dying. Do we care?

Most would be pro-gun.

Dealers of these poison are scum and even worse, are those "friends" and peers who pressure others to start in the first place.

You want to focus on education in school? Throw away the CRT and educate the youth on the dangers of putting poisons in your body. Scare the hell out of them with facts and reality.

More than 100,000 people died of drug overdoses in the United States during the 12-month period ending April 2021, according to provisional data published Wednesday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
That's a new record high, with overdose deaths jumping 28.5% from the same period a year earlier and nearly doubling over the past five years.
Opioids continue to be the driving cause of drug overdose deaths. Synthetic opioids, primarily fentanyl, caused nearly two-thirds (64%) of all drug overdose deaths in the 12-month period ending April 2021, up 49% from the year before, the CDC's 's National Center for Health Statistics found.

Most would be pro-gun.
And rich black SNAP dealers.

Most would be pro-gun.
What bugs me most is the fakery. Apparently all police and hospitals and I don't know who all else carry that drug that immediately reverses the effects of an overdose of narcotics. So everyone comes in there with an apparent overdose gets that. SO ---- they put on the Police Headquarters sign that used to keep tabs of overdose deaths, NEAR deaths or recoveries!! That's completely stupid. If someone is instantly cured of their problem, that's hardly a "near death." It's not even important. I've stopped even bothering to look at that fake-news sign.

I have heard addicts carry their own antidote with them; the thing I read said one guy had used it six times, from out of his pocket. He liked overdosing. There are literally billboards around here that say you can't ignore somebody overdosing, have to call authorities or an ambulance. People often won't, and I don't blame them. For one thing, then THEY get investigated.

This is basically like my opinion that the way to get rid of crime is to get rid of criminals --- but the addicts are doing it themselves, and no one should stand in the way of their freedom to off themselves. In my opinion.

Most would be pro-gun.
Yeah....white people are all pro-gun and deserve to die from synthetic opioids from China.

Most would be pro-gun.
I don't, really. Drug overdoses white and black are the fault user stupidity and lack of self-control.

That fentanyl thing is interesting though. I do not remember even hearing of it, before it killed Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. It has gotten real popular since 2009.

Hey, I'm pro-gun (within limits) and considered by most as one of the "good guys". What has pro-gun got to do with increases in overdoses from fentanyl and other synthetic opioids? When I go to the range, I never see people doing drugs, or even drinking.

Most would be pro-gun.

MORON, Dumb ASS.

Its a direct result from the out of control border. thats where most of the shit is coming from. Your supreme leader Biden says there was no crisis at the border... at the same time, it was also directly related to the lock down... besides THIS O.D. symptom , there were other symptoms such as suicides, child suicides, depression, alcoholism, domestic abuse... poor health.. diabetes etc... all seeing an uptick because of the lock down.
Those people who warned of all this.. saying that we need to wheigh and balance the effects of lockdown in our response... just because of this type of thing were derided by you folks on the left.

Thank you for caring. (note the sarcasm)

Most would be pro-gun.

Where is all this fentanyl coming from? Do you know?

By the way, you're a racist, genocidal piece of shit.

Most would be pro-gun.
Thanks Biden.

Forum List

Back