Opinions wanted...Where do you go when you die

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Discussing Paranormal shows on cable, an arguement over Judeo-Christian religion ensued... go figure.

What is the chronological order of the afterlife?

- No death before the apple in the garden of eden, after the apple -original sin.
1) Before Jesus died, everything was as the Old Testament describes. This would be a description of the Jewish belief in the afterlife. In the Jewish afterlife there are three different locations, Heaven which is closed, Hell which is open, and Limbo which is the waiting room until heaven opens. Is this correct?

2) Then Jesus died and went to hell for three days. He then returned and opened the gates of heaven. Jesus died for our sins so that we may enter heaven. Is this correct?

3) When you die you recieve your final judgement and go to one of two places, depending on your sins, Heaven or Hell? Is this correct?

4) If all three of the above are true, then what spirits are they talking to? Are these Angels or demons? It seems that the Christian view would favor that this is what they are talking to as souls are judged upon death.

5) If these spirits, in fact are souls of people, than would the Jewish belief be correct as these are the souls in Limbo as the gates of heaven haven't been opened?

6) Where does revelations fit in?

Looking to learn, thanks for your input.

I'm not looking for a personal view. We are running under the assumption the Bible is correct. What would scripture say about these questions.

I'm not looking for a personal view. We are running under the assumption the Bible is correct. What would scripture say about these questions.

When you die you go no where and are "as asleep". On Judgement day all the dead will be resurrected and the truly evil will be returned to permanent death. 144000 will go to heaven as spirits. The rest will live on a restored earth for 1000 years with Jesus as their King. At the end of the 1000 years those that have not acknowledged God and follow his teachings will also be returned to permanent death, the rest will reside on earth.

Discussing Paranormal shows on cable, an arguement over Judeo-Christian religion ensued... go figure.
though I know that this term is often used, it is not useful. The two religions are very different and uniting them under one label because they are both sourced in the same first text gives the false impression that they share particular theologies, which they don't.
1) ... In the Jewish afterlife there are three different locations, Heaven which is closed, Hell which is open, and Limbo which is the waiting room until heaven opens. Is this correct?
Not really. In Judaism (those branches which accept a notion of the afterlife) the issue is that the nature of the afterlife is NOT explained in the written Torah and only obliquely explained in the early oral texts. There are rabbinic discussions about the nature of the world to come and the timing of it (and if there is a difference between a 'world to come' and the 'messianic resurrection').
5) If these spirits, in fact are souls of people, than would the Jewish belief be correct as these are the souls in Limbo as the gates of heaven haven't been opened?
Jews don't have this notion of a limbo. While there is a wonder as to whether the judgment of the dead leads to a world to come separate from a messianic resurrection directly after death or not, the "limbo" idea is not Jewish.

"When I die and they lay me to rest..."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TFW1F6oY0]Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum - YouTube[/ame]

"Where do you go when you die"

I go nowhere. Time and space cease to exist in my mind. End of story as far as I am

As far as anyone KNOWS, this is the truth. Belief is something entirely different from knowledge.

If Sentience is the goal, Sentience looms closer as more and more Earthlings acknowledge the fact that even the most elaborate, even the most ancient, and even the most popular religious guesses at the afterlife (ass-u-me-ing there is an afterlife) are nothing more than speculation.

That and the understanding that each and every one of their neighbors has the (insert your preferred Deity here) given right to guess wrong.

What is the chronological order of the afterlife?

Either life's a beach and then you die, or life's a bitch and then you die, depending on circumstances, choices, and the one attitude you can ever have any hope of controlling.

:clap2:

I do think you've come as close to the truth as one can reasonably get. :eusa_angel:

Opinions wanted...Where do you go when you die

The USMB Coffee Shop. There are certainly enough views.

New Topics

Forum List

Back