Opinions Please.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
Hit the link and you will see a sermon called "good Judgment". If you are willing, would you read or listen to it and give me your opinion on what you feel the guy is saying, and what is the point he is trying to get across. Thanks much.

Lighthouse Baptist Church

i made it to the part where children are not to be believe over accusations of child molestation......did the 3 witnesses sound a lot like what muslims believe....

no i dont agree

i made it to the part where children are not to be believe over accusations of child molestation......did the 3 witnesses sound a lot like what muslims believe....

no i dont agree

Thank you strollingbones. Just a few more opinions if I can get them then an explanation. Promise.

one should not rush to judgement, I agree with that much...but if there must be a wittiness to sexual abuse , then that simply sounds like a formula for rape

Ok, I see where your coming from. How far you get into it ? If you made it all the way through, would you say the preacher had made a decision ? That he had made a judgment on the situation and the people involved ?

clearly he has judged the girl of not being credible...he said so

This is my thinking as well. First, I dont blather my personnel shit on the internet. In this case, I needed a sounding board. Some one or two people to hear the shit and opine. You got the sermon, now some details. i have to be careful here as the police are involved, and there is an investigation on going. The Girl is my daughter. The accused is my best friend. He is also involved with the church band, as well as other church duties, like posting the sermons. The event took place two years ago on her birthday. It DID NOT happen at the church, or during a church function. I sat and listened to that sermon. I stared into the preachers eyes as he gave it. I did the same for the accused fellow while he stared back and sang "come to Jesus". The Deacons of the church kept there eyes on me, and two were stationed being me and one in front. This is in the church I have been a member of since before that preacher was there, and the deacons, and the accused. I physically helped build the church. In my mind thees men called me out. Not just me, but my daughter. I was going to give up on the church, and the Wife agreed. We asked my Daughter and she told us NO, absolutely not. She proceeded to tell me That she will NOT be run out of her church by the scumbag who did what he did to her. She told me that even if he is not convicted, that everyone will know, and that he will not be able to do it again and get away with it. My first thought was that my girl has fire in her belly. Then I cried some because my best friend did this, and the preacher at my church basically called my daughter a whore. All the stereotypes you see on life times. Then I got up this morning and figured that I am proud of my daughter. I admire her grit and willingness to fight this out. i am done weeping like a babe, now its war. This was not an issue in the church until that sermon. Now we will fight this out in the Church. The goal will be to destroy that stupid fucking red neck and have him ejected. As for the accused, the cops told us that he may not be prosecuted for it, but that we should have a dandy civil case and that we SHOULD sue for damages. Either way, he is going down. My daughter looked me in the eyes and asked me not to be rash. Told me that if I went off we would lose. She is strong. And I am a proud (but sad) father. Sorry to rant. Had to put it somewhere and no one I know will look here so I figured why the hell not.

o hell let me turn down the music and all....i only got to page 5....let me go read the whole thing....i am gonna be kicking some early ass if this is not worth is.....brb

he tries to pull off this noble mon act at the end.....balancing between the two...he has already judged and judged against the child.....

your daughter is brave....if she leaves then it will be even easier for them to brand her those nasty names.....your best friend....man that is just tough...it will be hard to prove anything ...with the passing of time....i cant imagine her fear....as that time passed...the pastor was wrong to bring this into the church...these are the types of things that divide a church

i would go to the minister and discuss this with him and the deacons....i would even go as far as to mention....they are opening themselves up to legal action...(it may not be true but they will choke)

he tries to pull off this noble mon act at the end.....balancing between the two...he has already judged and judged against the child.....

Bad for him. His time is coming. The guy who did it will either be found guilty, or liable. Either way, in the end the congregation will feel he defended a child molester. When that happens I will take that sermon, as well as the statement he gave to the cops and present it to the church elders, as well as the congregation and ask that we vote to remove the guy from his position as pastier of the church. I will get them both with the bylaws of the church.

i see the good rev dill has him a much younger wife..

Not by much. This is spilling into the church, half think the guy did it and all of them are not surprised he was accused, Im surprised they thought that about him. I did not want it in the church, but it was brought out there. And my Girl wants to fight it out for the other girls there. She has my check book, and my support. War. Oh, CBD IS the honcho.

Last edited:
Pretty easy for the rest of us to post opinions one way or another because we're not feeling the enormous pain that you and your family are going through. Your daughter was right to tell you to not to go after the guy, maybe that helps you relieve some pent up anger but it does nothing for her and maybe adds to her burden.

It's hard not to seek vengeance, despite what the Christian church says. I think most of the time, it doesn't work out, you don't really get enough relief out of it and sometimes it all comes to nothing. I would advise you not to ruin your life over it, as much for your daughter's sake as your own. My best wishes for you and your family.

Pretty easy for the rest of us to post opinions one way or another because we're not feeling the enormous pain that you and your family are going through. Your daughter was right to tell you to not to go after the guy, maybe that helps you relieve some pent up anger but it does nothing for her and maybe adds to her burden.

It's hard not to seek vengeance, despite what the Christian church says. I think most of the time, it doesn't work out, you don't really get enough relief out of it and sometimes it all comes to nothing. I would advise you not to ruin your life over it, as much for your daughter's sake as your own. My best wishes for you and your family.

I promised to get the guy with the law. I have no intention of doing anything else.

Wow, I've never seen anything like that preached at any church I've ever been too. I would have told my family to get up and we would have walked out, and I wouldn't have returned until that pastor was no longer there. Your family and your daughter are far more important than that church is, and just because it claims to be a christian church doesn't mean that the staff are doing what is right. I would advise that you find one that you and your family like and attend there until something has changed at this church , a place where you won't be exposing your daughter to a pastor like that. What's ironic is that he does an entire sermon on judging while he's condemning her as a liar the entire way through it. He gives lip service that he's not doing that on one or two occasions, but it's very obvious where his loyalites lie, and it's not with your daughter. I get his point that maybe there are opposing factions in the church regarding this incident and that people are gossiping and talking about it, but if he wanted to address that piece of it he could have done it in a much more kind and tactful manner. I could never imagine my pastor giving such a sermon, ever. Is this what all Baptist pastors are like??

If you have never been there then your opinion matters not. Children are not considerable and that is why so many never say anything for fear of being called a liar. It happened in my family and it is not pretty. The preacher needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

clearly he has judged the girl of not being credible...he said so

This is my thinking as well. First, I dont blather my personnel shit on the internet. In this case, I needed a sounding board. Some one or two people to hear the shit and opine. You got the sermon, now some details. i have to be careful here as the police are involved, and there is an investigation on going. The Girl is my daughter. The accused is my best friend. He is also involved with the church band, as well as other church duties, like posting the sermons. The event took place two years ago on her birthday. It DID NOT happen at the church, or during a church function. I sat and listened to that sermon. I stared into the preachers eyes as he gave it. I did the same for the accused fellow while he stared back and sang "come to Jesus". The Deacons of the church kept there eyes on me, and two were stationed being me and one in front. This is in the church I have been a member of since before that preacher was there, and the deacons, and the accused. I physically helped build the church. In my mind thees men called me out. Not just me, but my daughter. I was going to give up on the church, and the Wife agreed. We asked my Daughter and she told us NO, absolutely not. She proceeded to tell me That she will NOT be run out of her church by the scumbag who did what he did to her. She told me that even if he is not convicted, that everyone will know, and that he will not be able to do it again and get away with it. My first thought was that my girl has fire in her belly. Then I cried some because my best friend did this, and the preacher at my church basically called my daughter a whore. All the stereotypes you see on life times. Then I got up this morning and figured that I am proud of my daughter. I admire her grit and willingness to fight this out. i am done weeping like a babe, now its war. This was not an issue in the church until that sermon. Now we will fight this out in the Church. The goal will be to destroy that stupid fucking red neck and have him ejected. As for the accused, the cops told us that he may not be prosecuted for it, but that we should have a dandy civil case and that we SHOULD sue for damages. Either way, he is going down. My daughter looked me in the eyes and asked me not to be rash. Told me that if I went off we would lose. She is strong. And I am a proud (but sad) father. Sorry to rant. Had to put it somewhere and no one I know will look here so I figured why the hell not.

is the church really that important to you ?...I would go after the old bastard and his little buddy with a most furious vengeance...but I would not step foot in any church that would sit by and listen to his threats and accusations

i see the good rev dill has him a much younger wife..

Not by much. This is spilling into the church, half think the guy did it and all of them are not surprised he was accused, Im surprised they thought that about him. I did not want it in the church, but it was brought out there. And my Girl wants to fight it out for the other girls there. She has my check book, and my support. War. Oh, CBD IS the honcho.

The sole purpose in going to church is to praise God and spend that time worshipping Him and to find fellowship with others. I don't see how you can possibly do that at this church now. Some battles are worth fighting, but I don't think this is, at least not in church, it certainly is in the court system. If your main goal is to go to a place where you can find peace and happiness and your priority is to devote that time to praising God, then it doesn't seem like staying at this particular church would allow you to meet that goal. I know it wouldn't for me, but everyone is different.

Forum List

Back