What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPINION: Why mRNA Vaccines are failing.

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I am waiting for the traditional vaccines. A few are being made by some Indian companies, and are going through the process for FDA approval. The FDA is dragging it’s feet on them though, since the FDA is in bed with Pfizer and Moderna.
I think the Pfizer vaccine and the Moderna vaccine will prove to be safest and most effective . Since they are mRNA vaccinates tweaking them for protection of new variants should be very easy. Moderna said they could have a new vaccine ready by the new year. The downside is that these vaccines require two doses and very low temperature storage.

All the vaccines being used are based on either new technologies or have been been complete reworked for Covid. ZyCoV-D, the new vaccine from India is the first DNA vaccine to be given two humans. Of 6 the vaccines in use today, 4 of them create the spike protein. There is nothing really traditional about any of these vaccines. They all end up doing the same thing, they just do it a bit differently. Traditional viral vaccines used live or attenuated viruses. None of these do.

Rigby5

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the Pfizer vaccine and the Moderna vaccine will prove to be safest and most effective . Since they are mRNA vaccinates tweaking them for protection of new variants should be very easy. Moderna said they could have a new vaccine ready by the new year. The downside is that these vaccines require two doses and very low temperature storage.

All the vaccines being used are based on either new technologies or have been been complete reworked for Covid. ZyCoV-D, the new vaccine from India is the first DNA vaccine to be given two humans. Of 6 the vaccines in use today, 4 of them create the spike protein. There is nothing really traditional about any of these vaccines. They all end up doing the same thing, they just do it a bit differently. Traditional viral vaccines used live or attenuated viruses. None of these do.

The covid vaccine made by India is call Covaxin, does use actual covid virus, and is NOT an mRNA vax,
Same with the Chinese Sinovac.
The US and Germany are the only countries to NOT use an actual virus, and in my opinion, the mRNA injections are total and complete failures.

There is no way or need to tweak any mRNA injection for a variant because they do not have a virus, so there is nothing to compare against.
They only produce a spike protein, and that can't change with variants, or else they would not work in the ACE2 receptors.

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 trillion, huh. :rolleyes:
Phizer raised revenue estimate this year to 36 billion. However other companies may eventfully bypass Pfizer. The Pfizer vaccine, a two dose vaccine that requires extremely low storage temperatures requires special equipment at the vaccination site, storage depots, and special transportation. That is not a serious problem in a well developed countries such as US who have deep pockets but that can be a problem is less developed countries.

One vaccine that may eventually own the market abroad is a new vaccine being developed in India, ZyCoV-D. It is a DNA vaccine the first to be used with humans. It does not require any special refrigeration. It is a needleless application and administered similar to insulin. This means no sore arms and, practically no side effects, plus it can be self administered. It's efficacy is not quite as good as the mRNA vaccines and there are 3 injections required in each unit. What makes this ideal for most countries is that it's per unit cost is much less than the mRNA vaccines. This might be what tips the scales and ends the pandemic.

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The covid vaccine made by India is call Covaxin, does use actual covid virus, and is NOT an mRNA vax,
Same with the Chinese Sinovac.
The US and Germany are the only countries to NOT use an actual virus, and in my opinion, the mRNA injections are total and complete failures.

There is no way or need to tweak any mRNA injection for a variant because they do not have a virus, so there is nothing to compare against.
They only produce a spike protein, and that can't change with variants, or else they would not work in the ACE2 receptors.
I was referring to 4 vaccines that create the spike protein.

Tweeting the mRNA vaccine would mean changing the messaging that creates the spike protein so it incorporating some of the mutations needed to create better recognition by T and B cells. I say that it is easy because Moderna said that if needed they could have a new vaccine ready by the first of year. To change a traditional vaccine would certainly take much longer. This is done with the flu vaccine which generally takes years not months. The easy updating of mRNA vaccines is one of major selling points.

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they boycott now, they show that the stick-and-carrot is not working to pacify them.
I don't thing you have to worry about it. The FDA is not going to give their approval anytime soon.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score

Wrong, Covaxin is an inactive virus vaccine.

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score
mm7037e1_HospitalizationDeathVaccineStatus_IMAGE_10Sept21_1200x675-medium.jpg

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List